New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there? New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there?

Unread 01-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Re: New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out th

I'm 34 as well. Had davinci on Jan 2nd... Hit me up with any questions you might have. I had been in great shape but then started in with chronic back pain about 9 months ago. Foun out after much money and different "treatments" later that I had a prolapsed uterus... Thought possible connection... Almost 3 weeks post op now and kickin myself for doing too much too fast because I felt "okay"... Back pain still there, but I am used to that... Today I'm very crampy so staying home from work... Don't overdo it because you feel good/healthy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Re: New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out th

Hi... I just turned 37 about a week ago, and I'm 5 weeks out from TAH/BSO. I can't do HRT because I'm BRCA1+.

Recovery has been fairly uneventful and positive, some warm flashes (not even hot) and that's about it.

I've gone back to work this week, I'm a professor so we were on break anyway. I'm walking around 1.5 miles a day. Doing some stretches but that's as far as I've gotten. Fairly active before surgery, but the exhaustion level in the afternoons is keeping me from doing much more. Once the semester is underway and I can keep up in the afternoons again, my plan is to start back with yoga and extend my walks back to what they were before surgery (around 3-4 miles a day).

The emotional aspects of this have been rough at times - I never had kids and am single but have an amazing support system of friend and family.

Best of luck to you - hope all goes well.
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:46 AM

Hi! I am 33 and scheduled for vaginal hysterectomy on the 26th. I am also scared! Hoping that this helps all the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2010, 08:14 AM

I am 38 i will have mine Feb.23 a iam also new here.
Sandra
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:30 AM

I am 35 and had my TAH on Dec. 8th, 2009. This is my 6th week of recovery. I felt way too young to be having a full abdominal hysterectomy to be honest with you but finding cervical cancer left me no options. However, since you are in your thirties, your body will likely recover faster (esp. since you are active) than had you waited until you are older. I was so scared but glad I did it. I don't know what kind of hyst you are having but if its abdominal you will need to allow yourself to relax and heal. I was in quite a bit of pain for awhile but just be sure your dr. gives you plenty of pain meds. If you run out and are still in pain, beyond what Ibuprofen can take care of, call your dr. office and ask for a refill. I'm glad I did because the less pain I felt, the easier it was to move around slowly which I believe aids in a stronger recovery. If you are in constant pain, you will not want to move. However, do not expect to be back to your normal active routine for quite awhile. This is my 6th week and I'm back at work but I sure am tired and sore at the end of the day. Everyone heals differently. Most important is to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! DON'T push through the pain to do something. If it really hurts, don't do it, ask for help. We are the best caregivers for ourselves, you will know when its time to be active again and at what pace. I myself have been walking. I started slow walking w/ my dog at 4 weeks post op. Last week I was able to walk a little quicker and farther and this week even more so. Remember that this is a major surgery, removing a part of your body. It WILL take time to heal and you need to allow yourself that time. Don't rush back into things as this can cause damage or more pain and set you back. I will be thinking of you on the day of your surgery my hystersister!! God be with you! You will be fine! Send us a message post op! Hugs!
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:29 AM

Another "30-something" here! I'm 38 and having LAVH on Fri 1/29/10 with a grade II uterine prolapse and A&P repairs for a grade II cystocele and grade I rectocele. My Doc wants me off work 4-6 weeks. He won't release me to go back to work until my 4 week Post-Op appt, and it will depend how I'm doing. He basically told me to do "absolutely nothing" except rest for those first 4 weeks in order to heal properly. I have a desk/computer job where I sit most of the time. Apparently with all the work I'm having done on my pelvic floor sitting is a problem for a while. :O I plan to do everything he says so I heal right the first time. I've found this site to be a wealth of information. Good luck to all of us!
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Hey sis...

Im 36 and had a SAH last Sept...so im 4 months out. Feeling WONDERFUL overall, except some freakish eating cravings i didnt have before my surgery...I gained too much weight after but that was because of my food choices..Im still working on that. Other than that....just read as much as you can here....soak in the info and the other sisters experiences....ask LOTS of questions..but my biggest advice is to ask for help afterwards..have lots of meals planned ahead of time...recruit family to help...then rest, rest, and rest....seriously.....THIS is the time to do it right the first time... I trained for marathons and played in several leagues of softball before my surgery..i KNOW active...but this is NOT that time....

Allow yourself to heal....you will be exhausted easily...listen to your body...not to your inner activity director....stay close to home, eat healthy and keep reading this site....it was my closest friend during my recovery....

Christie
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:52 AM

hi! i'm 39 and scheduled for feb 1st.....i am a dance teacher and the recovery has me anxious as well! ........hoping that since i am active the recovery time will be easier than normal?! suggestions?
Unread 01-23-2010, 04:27 PM

I am 32 and 3 weeks post op. You're not alone. I kept my ovaries and had a TVH. Reason for surgery was abnormal bleeding, intense pain and benign tumors and cysts. I had had a previous ablation as an alternative to hysterectomy when I was 30 and it made my situation worse. I am a very active person as well and I won't sugar coat it for you. I am bored senseless. I want to do so much but I can't. Just take it very easy. I am finding that the more productive I am, the more pain I have as a consequence. As for the recovery, wear comfy loose clothes. I'm still not wearing jeans regularly. I'm living in sweats and pjs because my belly is sensitive to constriction. Rest as much as you can tolerate, drink lots of fluids and just don't let the small stuff bother you. That's the hardest thing for me. I want to clean my house like nobody's business, lol. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery.
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Hey there, I am 35, just had my surgery Dec 28th. I was surprised to learn that there are so many of my friends that have had one already, almost seems to be the norm among my friends...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register