LAVH Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 01-14-2022, 12:06 PM
Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy

I was cleared to go back to work 1/10- inching at my 8 week mark. To be frank- I was bored at home my last week so I felt this was right. Wednesday at work I went back. I couldn’t sit without wincing in pain. I commute to work and the bus home had me in tears. I did what I usually do when I did too much. Kicked my feet up, heating pad on- pillows under knees. When I used the bathroom, I noticed water in my vagina. Not too much but enough to worry me. Thursday morning- unlike other mornings after I did too much; I didn’t feel much better. Thursday morning I pooped a lot- 4 bms. I popped ibuprofen and went to work. Still feeling immense pressure on my bottom I called my surgeon’s office when I arrived at work (the bus didn’t hurt as much this time). Not thinking they would think anything of it- I receive a phone call 5 minutes later - the doctor wants to see me urgently- following day.
So here it is- following day. I will be there in less than an hour. Will update you. I am scared senseless. I am hoping its minor- maybe granulation- maybe weeping? - maybe its the lupron I had to get a second shot of. Whatever it is please keep me in your prayers I will update when I can. <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 01-14-2022, 12:20 PM
Re: Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain

Have you prepared yourself for going back to work during those 8 weeks?

If you just stayed at home and now have to get up, get work dressed, ride bus and sit up all day, your body could be in “shock”.

It could take some time for your body to readjust to the new routine
  #3  
Unread 01-14-2022, 12:28 PM
Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy

  Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMS View Post
Have you prepared yourself for going back to work during those 8 weeks?

If you just stayed at home and now have to get up, get work dressed, ride bus and sit up all day, your body could be in “shock”.

It could take some time for your body to readjust to the new routine
Riding the bus was the first time. I had been walking up to 4 miles daily and doing light housework. I bought a smart watch to monitor my activity.
I am really just hoping I overdid it and not necessarily hurt myself. I work in an office with heavy paper files. Hoping I am ok but leaving to doctor now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 01-14-2022, 01:14 PM
Re: Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain

Those symptoms and pain sound like a vaginal cuff infection to me. Those just happen sometimes, unfortunately! I’m glad you’re going to the doctor! Update us!
  #5  
Unread 01-14-2022, 09:29 PM
Re: Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain

Thank you. He said everything looked perfect but I’m backed up and need fiber to go regularly without straining. He said he doesn’t like me taking the bus and the watery discharge is Normal- fyi
  #6  
Unread 01-15-2022, 12:38 PM
Re: Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain

Fiber... and enough water-water-water to swamp a canoe. I'm 6+ years post-hyst, almost a year post intestinal obstruction, and I've become SO aware of my digestive system. Oh, and (TMI) the types of poop I have!

In late September I was beginning to think I might still have some obstruction going on, even though there was no pain this time. After using Miralax to clean out a bit, it occurred to me that I'd really fallen flat on fiber, even though I was doing okay on fluids. I increased that by adding a high-fiber cereal (Fiber One, 13 g per serving) and prune juice at night. My system corrected itself in just a few days. If I slack off on fiber, I could very well have problems. Water is just a good idea to keep things soft.

  #7  
Unread 01-20-2022, 07:40 PM
Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy

Hello! I saw your update. Was wondering how are you and what was their findings? Having similar experience… just curious.

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfina View Post
I was cleared to go back to work 1/10- inching at my 8 week mark. To be frank- I was bored at home my last week so I felt this was right. Wednesday at work I went back. I couldn’t sit without wincing in pain. I commute to work and the bus home had me in tears. I did what I usually do when I did too much. Kicked my feet up, heating pad on- pillows under knees. When I used the bathroom, I noticed water in my vagina. Not too much but enough to worry me. Thursday morning- unlike other mornings after I did too much; I didn’t feel much better. Thursday morning I pooped a lot- 4 bms. I popped ibuprofen and went to work. Still feeling immense pressure on my bottom I called my surgeon’s office when I arrived at work (the bus didn’t hurt as much this time). Not thinking they would think anything of it- I receive a phone call 5 minutes later - the doctor wants to see me urgently- following day.
So here it is- following day. I will be there in less than an hour. Will update you. I am scared senseless. I am hoping its minor- maybe granulation- maybe weeping? - maybe its the lupron I had to get a second shot of. Whatever it is please keep me in your prayers I will update when I can. <3
  #8  
Unread 01-21-2022, 12:22 AM
Too much too soon? Watery discharge and vaginal rectum pain, 8 weeks post hysterectomy

  Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOn1130 View Post
Hello! I saw your update. Was wondering how are you and what was their findings? Having similar experience… just curious.
Sorry its taken awhile. Surgeon said everything looks good and that i should be feeling this pain/discomfort and noticing strange but mild symptoms for a year.
He believes its a GI issue and told me to start upping my fiber and water. I’m still trying to regulate my belly.
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
6 Replies, Last Reply 11-18-2021, Started By Cevdb
1 Reply, Last Reply 09-13-2021, Started By Mhidalgo
3 Replies, Last Reply 09-06-2018, Started By pumpkin78
2 Replies, Last Reply 07-13-2018, Started By Panther87
1 Reply, Last Reply 01-17-2018, Started By Sherrlon
2 Replies, Last Reply 07-15-2017, Started By ZenaV
1 Reply, Last Reply 03-12-2017, Started By Emapreso
4 Replies, Last Reply 12-18-2016, Started By adja
7 Replies, Last Reply 06-19-2016, Started By Lizziebird11
0 Reply, Started By CanadianMo
5 Replies, Last Reply 01-13-2016, Started By Khart
1 Reply, Last Reply 05-11-2015, Started By Susie T
0 Reply, Started By Leaf cruncher
5 Replies, Last Reply 04-09-2014, Started By am6ercat
8 Replies, Last Reply 06-02-2009, Started By oclocal
3 Replies, Last Reply 08-24-2005, Started By herbiebug
2 Replies, Last Reply 03-24-2005, Started By CRUISER1
4 Replies, Last Reply 06-24-2002, Started By KelleyB
7 Replies, Last Reply 05-10-2002, Started By SharonLK
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

January 23,2022

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement