2019: Lavh recommended for enlarged uterus and fibroids? Also looking into UFE. (2019) - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2019: Lavh recommended for enlarged uterus and fibroids? Also looking into UFE. (2019) 2019: Lavh recommended for enlarged uterus and fibroids? Also looking into UFE. (2019)

Unread 12-13-2019, 10:10 PM
2019: Lavh recommended for enlarged uterus and fibroids? Also looking into UFE. (2019)

Thank you Kelelach. Did they break-up your uterus before they took it vaginally? My uterus measured 16 cm so I was worried about the vaginal hysterectomy if my uterus was too large for that procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2021, 01:12 PM
Re: Lavh recommended for enlarged uterus and fibroids? Also looking into UFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibroids101 View Post
Thank you sisterduke for sharing your experience I am looking into the UFE as well but worried if it will not shrink my enlarged uterus?
I had UFE 3 years ago (I am 51 now) and while the fibroids shrank, my uterus really did not, so there is potential for all sorts of things.

I will say I am still glad i did the UFE, which for me was the best option for me personally at the time, and it did stop the periods and thus my anemia resolved.

unfortunately, my bulk and pressure symptoms have changed and worsened enough that i am going to have a hysterectomy in March.
Unread 12-02-2021, 09:07 PM
2019: Lavh recommended for enlarged uterus and fibroids? Also looking into UFE. (2019)

I had a hysteroscopic d&c about a year after UFE. It felt like uterus was full of fluid and it was! It was thick with fibroid debris accumulated inside. This made a difference in bulk. I think UFE in itself resulted in chronic inflammation in my case. Seems tender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeeeneece View Post
I had UFE 3 years ago (I am 51 now) and while the fibroids shrank, my uterus really did not, so there is potential for all sorts of things.

I will say I am still glad i did the UFE, which for me was the best option for me personally at the time, and it did stop the periods and thus my anemia resolved.

unfortunately, my bulk and pressure symptoms have changed and worsened enough that i am going to have a hysterectomy in March.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register