awful day...very sad and scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

awful day...very sad and scared awful day...very sad and scared

Unread 05-14-2004, 09:00 PM
awful day...very sad and scared

Hey Hyster Sister!

Oh, a huge to you! I am so very sorry about your loss of your pet. I have two house rabbits and they are truly my little babies! They are so therapeutic for me. I can't imagine losing them--especially at such an already stressful time. They are definitely family to me. Please be kind and gentle with yourself and grieve your loss. Also know you have a bunch of sisters out here who care and are ready to listen.

BunnyLover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 11:30 PM

Hun, I'm so sorry about your baby. Because our little pets do become our babies, you know? I actually started to cry when I read your post. It reminded me of when my "baby" died. My husband really couldn't understand the depth of my pain. All he could do was hold me.

I agree with the other ladies about getting a 2nd opinion. I was just talking with my mom about this earlier. It's terrible to know that you go thru all this pain, have the surgery, & you're still not gauranteed anything. But I took the chance. For me, I couldn't live with the pain anymore. I'm only 4 days post op & hoping for the best.

s to you. I'm sorry for your loss.
Unread 05-14-2004, 11:49 PM

Aw sweetie big to you. I'm so sorry your beloved little one is gone. I understand totally, as my furkins are my family, and one of my kitties is in the hospital as we speak. You are not silly at all.

I have a very large vertical incision too, starting about two inches above my belly button and going all the way down to my pelvic bone. My surgeon went around the belly button, very nice and neat about it, and even repaired a little belly button hernia on the way out. When the doc knows this is important to you, s/he can accomodate it.

Waiting is the hardest part by far I think.....Hang in there, and vent here as much and often as you need. That's the beauty of a site like this, it's here 24/7 and there's always someone who understands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2004, 06:48 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss, I too keep pets & have lost pets so do know what you are going through.

As to the odds your Dr gave you, mine gave me a 97% chance of no pain after, as long as I didn't start HRT straight away & gave the Endo a chance to pack its bags & clear out.
If I start HRT straight away there is a good chance that the Endo will continue to grow & give me trouble.
I am now going to have to work with my GP to work out an alternative to HRT or live with Menopause untill I can safely take the HRT.

imho I would talk to your Dr about the need to take HRT & any/or alternatives that may be available to you.

Take care
Unread 05-15-2004, 08:40 AM
thank you ladies

Thank you everyone for being so understanding about my little guy. My mom started crying when I told her which sure didn't help me. lol Like so many of you said, pets really do become parts of our families and I think especially for those of us who can't have children, they really do become our substitute "babies." We spoil them, we cuddle them, we pour all the love we have on them because lots of us don't have any other outlet for that need.

I slept really well last night, the best in two weeks. So, for now I am doing okay staring the day. Yes, I just got up. I slept it!

As for a second opinion, actually this doctor is my 4th opinion, all saying pretty much the same thing. I DO trust this doctor completely. He has been a straight shooter from the start and comes very highly recommended not only on a professional level, but from a personal level as well. I trust him and know the things he told me yesterday were his worse case scenario. He told me over and over again that he can't give me guarantees but that he would always be honest with me. I like that because I am not stupid enough to believe that a doctor is anything more than a doctor. He is not God, he is not a magician and he doesn't have any special powers. I actually liked his choice of words calling himself a "technician." Hmmm, wonder how many doctors would be offended at that label? Oh well.

What hit me so hard yesterday was that even after all my research and after all my reading and my much more than average medical knowledge, I was taken by surprise. I just had a dear, sweet friend point out in her very astute way that I don't like to be taken by surprise because I don't like to not be in control. I admit it. I'm a control freak and if there is anything the ladies here understand it is the loss of control. It *****. Will that get bleeped? I hope not. Its the most fitting word, really.

Thank you again, ladies for understanding and for offering encouragement and advice from the heart. I have truly come to rely on this website.

You are all great! s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register