miserable and afraid - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

miserable and afraid miserable and afraid

Unread 03-02-2005, 09:04 AM
miserable and afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by deirdra
Hi Donna and Jean thanks so much, your support and kindness is overwhelming.
I am so lucky to have you. Its good to know im not alone even though i feel like that. My friends and family are getting fed up of me being sick and then i feel guilty. i also feel bad for my son who looks after me and i dont wnt hiim to have memories of me always being sick and in bed.
Hope you r surgery comes soon Donna, sorry im so upset hard to type.
lots of love dee
I don't know how old your son is, but please try not to worry.

My mom went through this when I was in 2nd grade. The only thing I really remember (and she had 9 months of severe pain and a TAH due to adenomyosis when she was 30) was the day she came home from the castle and I accidentally elbowed her belly. yeah----she screamed. 8D

Your kids will be okay. And, as my wise pastor said when I was worried about the exact same thing---all families go through good and bad times. Even if they do remember it, we can give them a sense of how to cope with trials which they will need as adults.

Peace, and hugs. it'll be okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 10:47 AM
miserable and afraid

There is strength in numbers. Even internet sisters.

I waited from the first of Jan. til Feb. 28 th for my surgery. I had went through many emotions and was really nervous at my pre-op. But after it, I felt more focused. I knew that I was doing the right thing for me and that in a few days I would be on the road to recovery. So I was totally bummed out when I was called and postponed. So now I'm playing that waiting game again.

Don't worry about your son. He will be fine. Kids are very tough. My youngest daughter is 9 and my oldest is just about 16. They are incredibly helpful. Sometimes, though I feel like I take advantage of them. They tell me to go take a nap (I must be looking pitiful or something ) and they'll watch the boys. Now, if I could just get them to clean up. AFter your surgery and you recover life should be better for you and your son.

Family and friends mean well. But it's hard to understand unless you have been where we are. Just take a deep breath, think positive, and have faith. Everything will be ok.

Donna
Unread 03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Afraid

I had my surgery in October of 2003. I was so scared I almost jumped out of my bed before the surgery and left the hospital. I think I would have if my DH wasn't there. Just hang in there sometimes if your really neverous they can give you something right when you get there to help calm your nerves. But you will feel better after. Just make sure you get plenty of rest. My surgery took over 2 hours my doctor had to detach my uterus from my stomach wall. But I'm doing fine now. No more aunt flo Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
miserable and afraid

DEE -
When I first found out - I too made myself crazy with worries -
Totally spaced out all the time, lost track of my sentences, forgot how to drive well - almost got into several wrecks, to the point that I didn't want to drive at all -

I was a wreck, my mind could not quit thinking about the whole thing - made me a crazy woman.

I didn't feel like anyone understood me, or was listening to me - on and on..... I have not had surgery yet, but the closer I get the more calm I feel -
I feel like I have actually gotten myself back together, feel halfway human again,-
dont get me wrong I am still scared to death about the surgery and the pain after, but I at least can function in my every day life now.

I think they just gave us too much time to think about it!!

You hang in there, it will get better, I feel more calm every day - and I only have 8 days of waiting left.

I am readying myself for the last big basket case day - but at least I wont be working or doing much of anything that day - so that will be ok.
Good luck to ya
Unread 03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Scared and 9 days to go

I have been so at peace with my decision, because it is the best alternative to the bleeding, clots, and pain! (For me) What I'm really afraid of is being put under. I work at a veterinary hospital, and we do this all the time. I think it is what has made me so creepy about it!

Road rage??? Have had it for months. I always was such a calm driver, who knew?? I also have major issues with people and shopping carts in ailes of Walmart. I have decided you should also have a shopping cart license. Now, tell me, am I losing it or what?

My DH just shakes his head. I think he's afraid to say anything. Bless his heart.

I read the posts alot and am thankful for all the wonderful info. I am making lists of what to take with me, and what to have on hand when I get home.

I go for my doctor pre-op tomorrow and on Friday the hospital pre-op. I didn't realize (or was just ignoring) how long the surgery will take. I am having the vaginal and keeping my ovaries if they appear well. I have even named them!!! Susie and Sheri!!! LOL

My prayers are with you all.
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:34 PM
miserable and afraid

I am also schedule for surgery 4/4 (SAH). Apparently all we are feeling is normal from what everyone is posting. I so want to be over and done with this as I am sure we all do. We are here for you. I think it is so theraputic to spill it all out on the screen so go for it!
Unread 03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Now I know why my son don't like me

Guess I never really thought about my mood swings, but my son tells me all the time one minute your nice, and the next you can be yelling at me. One day he told me he thought I was bipolar. LOL.... I guess it's the nerves that has shaken me up.

I hope after this all over with I will be a much better mother, and wife. My Husband, is very good about understanding. We have gone thru many things. Guess I should tell you all a few years back I had an accident. My liver was split twice, my panceras, and my spleen. I truly hate hospitals now. I was in for 3 1/2 weeks back then. I was poked and probed on 24 hours aday.

My surgery makes me nervous because I'm so scared I will be cut on again. I don't want a T on my stomach. I hope and pray each day that they will get thru my belly button, and beable to make the tiny slits on my stomach. Depends upon the scar tissue that has built up since my accident. Then he would take the uterus out Vaginal. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Unread 03-02-2005, 08:15 PM
miserable and afraid

Hello!
Miserable and afraid fits me as well ---- and lose of memory! Wow, that is a good one, I found the mayo in the bread box and the bread in the frig sometimes I am so overwhelmed I get very angry at others for not listening to my concerns. I don't talk about the surgery much as sometimes I think its a burden to others to listen to me or an embarassment to hear about my "private parts!" I am very thankful for this site as I can ramble on with my thoughts and no one seems to mind. It seems since I found out the surgery was really going to happen I have gained weight, I don't know if it's some of these meds they have me on but, it seems I am constantly hungry.

Unread 03-02-2005, 11:51 PM
miserable and afraid

Hi Dee
I want you to know that there is NOTHING to be afraid of. I was absolutely terrified. I'd never had surgery or anything.......not even any kids, so I was a total mess.
I'm now in my 6th week post op & have been given the all clear by my gyno (I'm an Aussie) & I feel great. The 1st few days are a bit of a blur, what with the fabulous pain management you'll recieve. Then each day will get a little better. By the 2nd week you'll probably think you can do anything, BUT DONT. Take very good care to be gentle with yourself for the full time your DR recommends OK?
You'll be so happy you've done this.......believe me
Judibird
Unread 03-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Is it a Myth?

How about some of you that has had it done for awhile now. Is it true you gain weight? My Doctor, has said the only way you gain weight is by eating more. I have had many people tell me they really put on the pounds afterwards.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register