I Can't Believe I Did This! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Can't Believe I Did This! I Can't Believe I Did This!

Unread 06-22-2006, 08:39 PM
I Can't Believe I Did This!

OMG! I am in the process of celebrating my last visit from Aunt Flo right now. Well, while sitting and thinking during the "changing of the guards" session. My mind wondered off and I couldn't remember if I had changed the guard or not before another one was inserted! Of course, this was the firt time that the toilet decided to flush the FIRST time, so I couldn't check.

My gyno wanted to see me today to check it out. Boy, was I ever embarrased! (He said that this happens more often than one would think.)He said that if there was a tampon inside still, I could get very sick. (and it would have postponed my surgury date!) Thank goodness, he didn't charge me for the check!$$$$

My last visit from Aunt Flo will never be forgotten!

This event gave me a little comic relief from all that is going on.
Have a great one, ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2006, 09:01 PM
That's good!

I've done that before (haven't had this problem in a year. yeah menopause!) and then found 2 strings and couldn't figure out why. It does provide some comic relief and definitely something to put in your hyst journal...
Unread 06-23-2006, 05:48 AM

Oh Gosh I've done that too. I'm so glad I don't have to bother with those any more.

On a side note: I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and ended up in that Isle with the feminine products. 2 young girls were standing there debateing what to buy. It was all I could do to get away before I just burst out laughing! I wanted to tell them it doesn't matter what you buy your period is still going to be awful!

Fallflower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2006, 07:34 AM

YOu ladies are always good for a laugh so early in the morning!
Unread 06-23-2006, 07:40 AM

I have done it once, and twice and actually a third time. I usually notice when I see a second string dangling, but the second time I didnt know, and about 2 weeks past (yep I know- GROSS), I was in bed and my DH said I needed to call the doc. I asked why he said cause "I have the funk"lol. So I thought I had yet another infection, went to doc. nope it was just an old tampon with an infection..You should have seen his face.lol. Priceless, not to mention you should have seen how red mine was. got to be careful of it, thank god no more visits from Aunt Flo anymore.
Unread 06-23-2006, 01:41 PM

I did the same thing! When I was in my mid 30's, I noticed a foul smell and was itching "down there". I got a yeast infection kit and that didn't help. Since my ob/gyn had recently passed away, I went to a friend's doctor. He took one look and said "Do you put anything in your vagina?" Now tell me, how do you even begin to answer that? So, I stammered around and said "only tampons and my husband." It was at that point he removed the old tampon. I was so embarassed. Luckliy I didn't have an infection. He was so insensitive, I never went back to him. Of course if that happened now, I would let him have it!
Unread 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM

And that's why I don't use tampons! When I am focused on something, I will forget the most mundane things. That is too funny!
Unread 06-23-2006, 03:29 PM

Okay, I've done this once, but knew right away when we started ... you know ... there was something wrong, very painful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register