Surgery...Jan 26th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery...Jan 26th Surgery...Jan 26th

Unread 12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Surgery...Jan 26th

great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
hi

You will feel sooooooooooo much better. It will be a good thing.
Unread 12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Surgery...Jan 26th

Congratulations, ScaredSis! What are you confused about, hon?

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Surgery...Jan 26th

I just got my surgery date scheduled, too: January 23. I'm not scared yet, but I'm sure I will be more and more as the BIG DAY draws near. One good thing, though--I know the Castle I'll be staying in only has private rooms, so I really will be treated like a princess!!
Unread 12-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Surgery...Jan 26th

I didn't get nervous until just before the surgery date. Its now been 5 weeks, and I am so glad I did it.
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Surgery...Jan 26th

My surgery is scheduled the day before scaredsis and 2 days after jules03 and I'm not nervous yet either. I do know that the closer to the actual date the nerves will start. I called yesterday about a massage. Once I know the exact time of my surgery, I am scheduling my massage...
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Surgery...Jan 26th

I am trying to just not think about it.but days like today....i'm miserable. I am so scared of the whole thing. Ive almost called and cancelled it, But realizing that things will become worse if i do..... i just wish it was over, i feel like a big baby, i've never been this scared, ever. Not even during childbirth.\
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Surgery...Jan 26th

Everyone gets scared at some point before their surgery. The best thing you can do is walk. It will help relieve stress and it will help you with your weight.

Its better that you did go to the dr and that your surgery will soon be over with. Afterwards you will be glad you did it.
Unread 12-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Surgery...Jan 26th

It's the waiting. That's the worst of the torture. All that time means not only are you suffering from ill health and will begin to second guess yourself, but also well meaning friends and family have time to be annoyingly "helpful" by providing misinformation and their own opinions based on little more than their own prejudices --not medical science related to you and your situation. Bless them, they really do mean well, but duct tape over their mouths would be better. There's way too much negative information "out there," and it would frighten the most courageous of souls, even if we weren't already scared of the unknown.

It's instinctive and smart to fear the unknown. That's what keeps us from blithely walking into dark spaces or jumping off cliffs. I personally love that "Proceed With Caution" blinking light in my head. Saved my butt a few times. So, be glad you're scared enough to be cautious. Shows your instincts are functional and you won't go blindly off cliffs. Good for you.

Lena
Unread 12-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Surgery...Jan 26th

I'm scared too. Going in on 1/19. I'm just totally tired of the monthly pain and mess and I'm wanting to get this done while I'm young enough to enjoy my favorite activities after recovery. I'm looking forward to summer this 2007!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register