Is this normal or am i just plan crazy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this normal or am i just plan crazy Is this normal or am i just plan crazy

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Is this normal or am i just plan crazy

When I was told I needed to have surgery I lost my mind I stressed myself out so bad I started eating like crazy but I continued to lose weight I weighed 345 now I am 316 and still losing, which is a good thing. I cried non stop, had horrible nightmares, then I got the call at work as to what date I would have my surgery, my stomach was in knots so bad I couldn't stay out the bathroom, had to go home. I cried and dranked bottles of wine like they were water, when my daughter (25) told my mom what was going on, I was ordered to come home immediatly ( I know I am 43 but when my mom says jump, I ask how high) I got a plane ticket was home the following weekend. All my sisters (4) and a few close friends were there, we had a girls weekend and it felt good to get a lot off my chest. Then I found this site and I. Was so excited to find all of you. I got my appt for my pre-op that was earlier this week. Now I am no longer afraid I am excited my coworkers think I am crazy, I said I am getting my vagina serviced and sanitized so it would be ready for my next husband, oh yeah I have been seperated for 7 yrs and when he found out about my surgery he said he was actually filing for divorce this year.. my comment was OK, been living apart for 7 yrs... anyway I am so excited about my procedure I am looking forward to not having anymore pain, no periods, no more crime scenes. I am looking forward to sexy underwear and sexy sheets with no blood stains.. so after surgery I will be hitting the gym, my goal is not to be skinny but healthy because I love my thick thighs , my jelly belly no so much we just good friends.. so tell me if this is normal or am I at the end of a breakdown and about to be put in a padded room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:34 AM
Re: Is this normal or am i just plan crazy

i'm not the judge of "normal", but wanted to give you your positive attitude will get you through this. you have a great plan and a strong support system.
Unread 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM

Positivity is never crazy! I am so glad you have your mom and sisters and good friends to help you through this. You are going to do great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM

Thank you ladies, I just thought I was going crazy, but I did make a promise for 2014 that I was not going to be negative and no matter how bad the situation I am going to find the positive in it. And the positve in this surgery is that I am losing weight, getting healthy and I will be able to buy the sexiest underwear.. Thank you so much for your feedback ladies... BIG HUGS
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Good evening Malikah, i think your positive attitude is great and do you know it shone through on your other posts. Even before this thread, your posts had the aura of an eager, keen as mustard pre-op full of enthusiasm and good for you! I'm convinced we heal better if we try and stay positive. Yes, recovery can sometimes be really trying but hey, life's always better with a smile on your face. Keep us posted.......
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:23 AM

Thank you ladies, I just thought I was going crazy, but I did make a promise for 2014 that I was not going to be negative and no matter how bad the situation I am going to find the positive in it. And the positve in this surgery is that I am losing weight, getting healthy and I will be able to buy the sexiest underwear.. Thank you so much for your feedback ladies... BIG HUGS
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Got so excited I posted twice... LOL. Have a beautiful positive day ladies
Unread 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM

No ma'am you ARE NOT crazy! You and I are the same. I was 300lbs in 2011 and I started doing Zumba and got down to 172! I am back up to 220 because I had a "flare" this past summer and couldn't do Zumba without becoming bed ridden. Now I am stressed, depressed, in pain, and can't do a **** thing without hurting.

I am so thankful for this surgery and I'm so very excited I can not shut up about it! I just had my last period ever and sent a text to everyone I knew....like a mad woman! TMI huh?

You are awesome....believe it! If you need anything, I am here. You are actually having my surgery a week before me so I'll be looking for your recovery reports! :-)
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:56 PM

And may I say . . . Not just "not crazy" and not just amazingly positive: I think Malikah has a real flair for comic writing! I laughed out loud your posts were so witty! Please keep us posted with how everything goes, Hugs from Romy
Unread 01-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Is this normal or am i just plan crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyTexMex View Post
No ma'am you ARE NOT crazy! You and I are the same. I was 300lbs in 2011 and I started doing Zumba and got down to 172! I am back up to 220 because I had a "flare" this past summer and couldn't do Zumba without becoming bed ridden. Now I am stressed, depressed, in pain, and can't do a **** thing without hurting.

I am so thankful for this surgery and I'm so very excited I can not shut up about it! I just had my last period ever and sent a text to everyone I knew....like a mad woman! TMI huh?

You are awesome....believe it! If you need anything, I am here. You are actually having my surgery a week before me so I'll be looking for your recovery reports! :-)
I am just starting my last cycle before my surgery and I will be having a celebration party, I will be getting a cake that says.. so long old friend... and some Champagne. I am sending Mary off with a bang.. I am sending Face book invites to my closet girlfriends...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register