Bad Morning..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad Morning..... Bad Morning.....

Unread 07-06-2001, 10:17 AM
Bad Morning.....

Hi Everyone

I'm scheduled for 7-9 TAH + , and up until now I've been kinda nervous and scared and frazzled with all the stress and emotion stuff; but no crying or panicking type behavior. But today... I woke up this morning with this Awful feeling of Impending Doom, kinda like I forgot something Majorly Important. And the Storm Troopers are about to knock on the door and I have a Dust Bunny to Defend myself with. My stomach is a wreck, couldnt' go back to sleep. I'm sure from what I have read on this Wonderful site, that this is probably normal. But I am not looking forward to this weekend if I'm going to feel like this

I would like to say again how much I this place.... I can come here and get this off my chest/heart... and try to put my Happy face back on for my children. They are very worried too, and I don't want to make it worse on them by my FREAKING OUT!!!

Thanx again for listening!!

Peace!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2001, 11:02 AM
Bad Morning.....

Yup, it's normal! Just remember, we're all here for you.

Those Storm Troopers won't get you.

-Kim in Iowa
Unread 07-06-2001, 11:07 AM
Bad Morning.....

oh yes, do I know the feeling! Not scheduled until 7-17, but already feeling the same.
And you hit on something that's been very, very hard for me....I insist on putting on a happy face, even though my kids are teenagers. I just don't feel it's fair to make them worry. But some days it's soooooo hard to put my chin up and go on.
Petunia
Unread 07-06-2001, 12:26 PM
Dust bunny protection

Dearest Treehugger,

How incredibly lucky to have the Dust bunny....the one thing in the known universe the Storm Troopers are afraid of. How do I know this? I run one of the official Dust Bunny Protectorates and Preserves. Even Dust Bunnies need a safe place to grow and thrive. (I just need to convince my "help" to leave the little critters alone while I am in the hospital and convalescing.)

Seriously, as a single women who has no children, I can only empathize about keeping an even keel for kids. (I am planning on several emotional meltdowns!) Want to do them right! Being a parent is an awesome thing. But sometimes the little folk can really surprise you and sometimes (greatly depending on age)they can deal with stuff and grow and learn from it. But that's a big judgment call.

My special area of pain is my parents. They have already buried two sons and the possibility that I might not make it through surgery is a "I want to take it away but I can't" super-sensitive spot.

Good luck on the 9th and remember to keep those Dust Bunnies handy!
Unread 07-06-2001, 03:50 PM
Bad Morning.....

You are normal. We all freak out about now.

Everything will be fine. I promise.

We'll keep the Storm Troopers away.

When it's over, you are back in charge of your body!
Unread 07-06-2001, 08:54 PM
Bad Morning.....

Thank YOU ALL for all of your positive words!! It means alot to have people there "right now" who understand what's going on in my head!!! My kids are great, ages 12, 8 and 15 months and they are very supportive and understand that mamma has to have this surgery, and that I will feel SOOO much better when it's over.... but I can tell they are already very worried. And I'm afraid if they see me get Toooo worried as well, then it will only add to their worry. (ok that's quite enough of the word worry ) Believe me I would love nothing more than to just fall apart and run amock for a bit!!!!! But since I cant' I'll just have toslip my Happy Face back on for a few more days!! LOL

Peace!!

Unread 07-06-2001, 10:04 PM
It's a normal thing....

As you know, we can't tell you not to worry.....

The worst part for me was the weekend before -- lots of "impending doom" thoughts, upset tummy, etc. etc. etc. It's a normal reaction, believe me!

Be sure and ask for a little something to calm you down when you go in (it really makes it easier -- Versed is God's gift to the nervous....), and before you know it, you'll be waking up and everything will be done. I can't believe it has been almost two weeks since my surgery.

It's not an easy process, but sometimes it helps to remember why you are having the surgery in the first place (my reason was debilitating pelvic pain, and do you know what? Aside from the owies caused by the surgery, every place that has hurt for the last three years is finally at peace -- it was worth every bit of worry!).

I will be thinking about you....you are certainly not alone!

Barb
TAH/BSO/Appendectomy
6/25/01
Unread 07-07-2001, 05:46 AM
Bad Morning.....

Barb C -
I am still making the decision whether to have a hyst or not. When you say you had debilitating pelvic pain, what exactly do you mean? I have pain in my right side all day long, as soon as I get up until I lay down again. The doctor says it's because of my Stage One Prolapsed uterus tugging on it. What pain did you have, and how severe was it?
Thanks, Sandy
Unread 07-07-2001, 10:01 AM
Pelvic pain

Hi, Sandy --

Here's how the pelvic pain went:

Three years ago, I was very fit -- I was running 25 miles a week on average and was also doing some strength training. I developed a little ache in my left side which never went away, so I went and saw my primary care doc. I went through CAT scans, upper GI, uterine and bladder ultrasound, and even a liver biopsy over a six month period, and they couldn't find a thing wrong (except for several smallish cysts on my ovaries). I was so tired of being poked (as well as being broke from the copays for all these tests!) that I decided I just would have to live with it. Well, over time the pain got worse, and spread into my pelvis. Periods weren't heavy, but, oh boy, the cramps...it got so bad that I was taking vicodin in order to survive that first day of my period, plus was totally useless when ovulation came along. Needless to say, the running was totally out. The last period before finally doing something, I took vicodin and then threw up for 14 hours (of course, the pain was back in three....). I went and saw my gyno (who. bless the man, is my gift from God), he did an exam, and that's when the decision to have a hysterectomy was made. He offered to leave an ovary in (as long as it was healthy), but there was so much endo that even my appendix was compromised, and everything was removed.

It has been less than two weeks, and the pain (other than that from my surgery site) is gone, gone, gone. For the first time in three years, my side doesn't constantly ache. The worst part, actually, is the hot flashes and palpitations (my meds aren't quite balanced yet). I can't wait to be able to start moving again, but will follow DR's orders and stay put.

My "roomie" in the Castle had a TVH (instead of a TAH), and was up and around the very next morning. She wasn't ready to run a marathon, but was much more active than I thought she would be...

Well, I hope this helps you -- all I can say is that this decision is one to be made VERY carefully, but in my case, so far, it has been worth it....

Let us know how it goes, ok?

Barb
Unread 07-07-2001, 10:22 AM
Bad Morning.....

Good luck to you with your surgery. I remember as a child when my parents had to go to the hospital. Its scary for little kids (and big kids too), but Im sure you will be just fine. I am almost 2 weeks post op and I am feeling pretty good for the most part. I am supposed to add 30 minutes each day to my activities. It is making a difference for sure. Today my 16 year old daughter took me to the mall to have my hair cut. I felt like I hadnt been out of the house in forever. I can promise you that the waiting is the worst part. You will have to slow down for a few weeks, but if you take care of yourself, you will have a speedy recovery.
My best to you. Its good to be on the other side and I can surely sympathize with all the LIW's out there. I really appreciate all the support I received. We just have to let others take care of us for a little while. Soon we will all be as good as new (or better)!
Take care.
MB

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register