Soft, small pillow and a bed tray | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Soft, small pillow and a bed tray Soft, small pillow and a bed tray

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Soft, small pillow and a bed tray

Hi sisters! Just wanted to say I found a really soft and cute pillow today at Target. It's not real big but I think it will be perfect as a tummy pillow for the ride home or sneeze and belly laugh protection. If anyone wants to check them out they are in the luggage section. They had a turquoise blue and a pink at the store I shop at, but maybe there are other colors available. They are only $13.49.

I stopped at BB&B, too, and found a bed tray for $12.99. It's rather plain so I plan to pretty mine up with some floral fabric and clear contact paper. Might even paint the legs white to give it a more cottage feel, which I love. They also had those back rest type pillows ( the ones that look like the top of a chair with small arms on the side - not sure what they are really called) on clearance so I picked up one in a bright lime green. It was less than $14.

And I found some comfy slippers at JCP for around $16. They had a variety of colors. They were in the section with the undies and pjs.

So all n all, I had a good shopping day and spent far less than I thought I would. Hope this helps some of you who still need a few things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Re: Soft, small pillow and a bed tray

ooh! I wish I had picked up a bed tray. I did buy a variety of pillows, the most awesome being an incline type, but sort of back-shaped with comfy egg crate on top, in the "U" part. I use it a lot!
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:54 PM

You DID have a good shopping day!

I thought about the pillow idea, but my hyst is to be a vaginal, and I'm not sure I'll need one. What do y'all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:23 AM

I think the pillow is more for comfort and protection when sneezing, coughing, laughing, and on the drive home our sisters say it's nice to have something cushy between the seatbelt and your tummy. I think some of the sisters also used pillows to help them sleep more comfortably. The one I got is too small for that but I have plenty of larger bed pillows already.

Ok, I'm off to pretty up my bed tray. Then I'm going to finish a baby quilt for a friend. Hoping it will get my mind off tomorrow some what.
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM

After things are shifted from surgery, it feels like what's left is sloshing around. The pillow definitely helps that.

Since I'm cleared to drive, & I want protection from the seat belt, but can't hold a pillow & drive, I folded a light weight beach towel & put it between me & the belt.
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM

Those are all good finds and give me some ideas.

Did anyone find any good lounge pants? That is what I need.
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:29 AM

I went to Sam's Club & bought men's track pants. The men's styles are not as tapered above the hips, so give more room for the belly, & the elastic isn't as tight.

I got my pillow at K-Mart. I hugged them in the store to find one that was fairly firm, & felt like a good fit. Probably looked funny, but oh well.
Unread 10-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Lol! I hugged my little pillow, too. I just noticed that the cover has a zipper so can be washed. Cool.

As for pants, I found some cute ones with lace at the bottom at Target and at JCP yesterday. I think someone else mentioned getting some nice pants at Kohls but they might have been more wearing to work type.

My bed tray is coming out so nice. I might have to make a few for holiday gifts.
Unread 10-06-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreecats View Post
Lol! I hugged my little pillow, too. I just noticed that the cover has a zipper so can be washed. Cool.

As for pants, I found some cute ones with lace at the bottom at Target and at JCP yesterday. I think someone else mentioned getting some nice pants at Kohls but they might have been more wearing to work type.

My bed tray is coming out so nice. I might have to make a few for holiday gifts.
Post pics, please.
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drafter29 View Post
Post pics, please.
Can we do that? Maybe I can link to my mobile me gallery. I put some pics on there for some other friends I told about the tray. One of them said I was certifiable doing this the day before surgery. Hehe, she hasn't known me very long.

The blue in the original finish is painters tape. I'm very happy with my "new" look." Can't hardly wait to eat some real food off of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register