What do you do to alleviate uterine prolapse pain ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do you do to alleviate uterine prolapse pain ? What do you do to alleviate uterine prolapse pain ?

Unread 04-06-2005, 09:15 AM
What do you do to alleviate uterine prolapse pain ?

I was wondering what my sisters do to alleviate the pain and cramping with uterine prolapse, rectocele & cystocele? Aunt "flo" is here again to today.....I swear she cannot get enough of me, I sure can't wait to get rid of her! LOL My Doc suggested ibuprofen but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I have tried a hot water bottle as well .....it works for awhile, but I staying in bed all day is not always an option. I am starting to feel really depressed lately I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster. My Doc suggested that I stop drinking tea and eating chocolate.......well you might aswell shoot me now as these are my two favorite things. LOL This is suposed to be a happy time for me because I am getting married in July. Anyone have some suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2005, 09:33 AM

MOTRIN !

800mg. take 4 over the counter pills.

Do NOT worry it won't kill you... In fact it is what they told me to take after my TVH.

Mortin isa muscle relaxer....that is what you need to take away this pain.

My Dr also gave me a perscription for 'Ponstel'. a pain reliver...but

I admit it didn't do much...The Motrin worked better for me.

Kate
Unread 04-06-2005, 09:41 AM

Hi sister!

Welcome to the lovely world of gravity!(prolapse) I have the same problem as you. My pains are so bad, the doctor finally had to give me pain pills. My job is phyical and I lift boxes most of the night, so by the time I get home, I'm in bad shape. The pain pills make me an airhead, but it's the only thing I can do right now till my surgery next week. So believe me, I know what your going through. Feel free to send me an email if you'd like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2005, 09:41 AM
pain

I agree, MOTRIN!!

My Dr. prescribed me the 800mg so you only have to take one pill.
Just ask your Dr., he/she shouldn't have any problem with it. Hope you feel better soon.

Glenda (surgery April 8th) oh no! That is only TWO more days!!
TAH/LSO due to prolapsed enlarged uterus, cervical dysplasia, mass on left ovary, and so on and so on.....
Unread 04-06-2005, 09:56 AM

Hello again!

I see the other sisters have told you about Mortin. Well, if that does nothing, ask your doctor about Bextra. I've tried the Motrin and that did nothing for me, but maybe it might work for you. I don't know about you but my pains are unbearable. Sometimes feels like someone reaching up in there and giving a big pull. Sometimes it hurts so bad, it will stop me dead in my tracks and I'll be doubled over.
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:16 AM

Thank you! I have tried Motrin & I don't find it to be working that well. My major complaint is the pains that run down my legs and bum. I also have major swelling in my belly I look like I am 6 months preg. Yuck!! I also have crohn's disease and My gyno says thats what is causing the swelling " I really don't believe Him" Honestly I feel like I am ready to give birth, you know the heaviness you feel when the baby is in the birth canal. thats the best way I can describe it. Anyway thank you all sooo much for your thoughts I guess I will have to just grin and bare it for another 6 weeks.
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Relieved to hear....

It's not just me!!! I have such incredible pain because of the prolapse that with the combination of the endo I can barely stand at times!! The real clue that this had gotten to the point of no return was I would wake up on my tummy. That's all that seems to relieve the pain. Not sure it'll work, but try some sort of tummy support??? You just never know what'll work for someone else, right? My surgery is Friday and I'm so looking forward to this being over. I completely understand what you are going through. My 6 weeks flew by while I waited. And as far as looking 6 mths pregant....so glad you said that. I thought I'd go insane!! When I WAS 6 mths pregnant my tummy didn't swell this much!! Good luck to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register