Aug TAH, and SO scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aug TAH, and SO scared! Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Unread 07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Hi everyone,

It seems like I contemplated this decision for so long, and then just put it off...that it's really hard for me to believe that tomorrow is almost here! I've been praying alot but still find myself taking back my thots in the very next breath. I guess it's a moment by moment deal. I'm sure it'll be fine, but...there is absolutely NOTHING I like about this whole thing. I don't even hardly ever go to hospitals and..if I do, my DH goes in before me (to whomever we're visiting) and makes them hide their IV under the covers before I come into the room. These situations are just very difficult for me.

I'm sure I'll get through...it's just a huge challenge for me!...as it is with lots , I'm sure.

Any last minute advice?....I have my bag all packed by the back door, my room is set up, all the bathrooms are clean, groceries are purchased......I think I'm set....

although, I'm very tempted to change my mind. But, apparenlty this is needed. I have endo, ando, fibroids and lots of "unknowns"..according to my Dr. And, a history of uterine cancer in both my Mom and sister.

Well...I'm going to go eat my 'last meal' before the bowel prep begins at 3 p.m.....oh, only one hour. Ya know when you have tests done and they'll say something like "don't swallow"...all I want to do then is swallow. Now I know that I won't be able to eat after 3 p.m. and I"m sure that's when I'll be hungry.

Blessings to you all....just think...this time tomorrow the surgery will be completed and the healing will begin!

rjj
p.s. jluster....your last email got deleted...could you resend it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Hi RJJ,

I worked half a day the day before my TAH. It helped me some but my mind was still on the surgery. Once I got home and started my bowel prep all my anxiety went away. I knew at that point I was committed and was relieved to FINALLY be at that moment where the process was beginning. The waiting was torture.

When I got to the hospital the next morning I was as calm as could be. No worries, no butterflies, nothing. My doctor came to see me in the Pre-Op room and I asked him to take good care of me and he took my hand and said he would. I kissed my DH and off I went.......

You'll be fine and just like you said, tomorrow at this time it will all be over with!!

Good Luck and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Julie
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

RJJ,

My thoughts are with you sweetie. I will also be at the castle tomorrow, so I look forward to swapping "war stories" this weekend! Good luck, and stay positive! We will get through this.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

rjj,

Well, it's here! Off we go tomorrow...by tomorrow night we Aug 1 ladies will be on the other side! It will be ok....just close your eyes if you spot needles or IVs or something like that. The OR staff is used to caring for those with anxiety or fear. I'll be praying for all of us tonite and tomorrow AM on my way to the castle. I'm off right now to my pre op and I have to be at castle at 5:30 AM. I'm first in the lineup! Get a good nights sleep girls!
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes...just wanted to share another thot with you all...for several days and then again today...I've been especially praying for my Doctor. I want him to be well rested and all ready for this tomorrow. Now..don't get me wrong, I want him to eveyrtime he has surgery, but...I've been especially praying about tomorrow. Thot you all may want to do the same.

Hey...I just finished my "bowel prep"....magnesium citrate---over ice, and it was not near as bad as I thot it might be. Now...just waiting for it to kick in.

My DH just called me from Best Buy and is buying me a laptop..hopefully we can get it working and I can take it to the 'castle" with me tomorrow.

blessings you all,
Ruth/rjj
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz56
rjj,

Well, it's here! Off we go tomorrow...by tomorrow night we Aug 1 ladies will be on the other side! It will be ok....just close your eyes if you spot needles or IVs or something like that. The OR staff is used to caring for those with anxiety or fear. I'll be praying for all of us tonite and tomorrow AM on my way to the castle. I'm off right now to my pre op and I have to be at castle at 5:30 AM. I'm first in the lineup! Get a good nights sleep girls!
Oh, lucky you. 5:30 am! Good luck and sweet dreams (tonight and under anesthesia, LOL.) I look forward to seeing you post-op and comparing "spa" stories. *Giggle*
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjj
Thanks for the prayers and good wishes...just wanted to share another thot with you all...for several days and then again today...I've been especially praying for my Doctor. I want him to be well rested and all ready for this tomorrow. Now..don't get me wrong, I want him to eveyrtime he has surgery, but...I've been especially praying about tomorrow. Thot you all may want to do the same.

Hey...I just finished my "bowel prep"....magnesium citrate---over ice, and it was not near as bad as I thot it might be. Now...just waiting for it to kick in.

My DH just called me from Best Buy and is buying me a laptop..hopefully we can get it working and I can take it to the 'castle" with me tomorrow.

blessings you all,
Ruth/rjj
Oh, I definitely pray for my doctor, and I have every confidence in his abilities. He's phenomenal! They actually just called and moved my surgery UP, so it's at 11:40 am instead of 1 pm. I can't wait to get it all overwith!

Good luck to you, and hopefully you will have a laptop to take with you. I'm leaving mine at home but I'll check in with you in a few days.

Here's to productive BMs, LOL.
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

RJJ and Jazz: Hope that you are both doing well. I will be praying for both of you. RJJ, glad that your bowel prep wasn't hard to do. I understand how you feel about putting it off. As you can see, I do not have a date yet. But I am doing this one step at a time. At least I've got a date with my uro...then I will see when the date will be.

Things will go well. Please let us know how it went, RJJ and Jazz.
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Aug TAH, and SO scared!

Ladies,

May you have an uneventful surgery and smooth recovery! I'll be praying and wishing you my best for tomorrow!

*** The other side is great!
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM
To all of Aug. 1st women:

I had my TAH & cyoplast (not sure of spelling) surgery on July 5th! I am like most of you the thought of needles turns my stomach. I made it through without alot of pain just a few days of nausea and vomiting. that was the worse of it, though. After I got home, two days later I only took pain medicine at night just so I would sleep. I went through a period where I did not sleep well because I could not get comfortable, but that is better now. I do get tired easily, but they say that is to be expected. It will be 4 weeks on Thursday (Aug 2nd) and I am going to go back to work tomorrow just to see if I can handle it. If not, well I will just come on home. I wish all of you the best and I am sure you all will be just fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register