belly button after LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

belly button after LAVH belly button after LAVH

Unread 07-17-2010, 02:12 PM
belly button after LAVH

While I am freaking out about the firsy day of last aunt flo visit, now I am crying about my belly button. I like it. If the go in there will still look like a belly button? I know I would rather have weird belly button than other options, just wondering what it looks like for others. By the way, since last post I unlock bathroom door and came out for a min, went back in cried some more, and now am sitting on couch with headache from crying so hard. Sorry so whiny today, not sure why it came from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Re: belly button after LAVH

I have had 2 laparoscopic surgeries where they made an incision in my belly button. I am happy to report that at least in my case, it looks the same as it did before.

Diana in OR
TVH 07/21/2010
Unread 07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
belly button after LAVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wou88 View Post
I have had 2 laparoscopic surgeries where they made an incision in my belly button. I am happy to report that at least in my case, it looks the same as it did before.

Diana in OR
TVH 07/21/2010
Thanks i needed to hear that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2010, 03:12 PM

I had have four surgeries thru the belly button and it still looks the same. Just a little tiny scar under it for me. I had my gall bladder, appendix, and 3 laps done and on july 28th I will have LAVH/Bos I think I got that right.
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:54 PM

I have had four lap surgeries and my belly button is completely normal. Interestingly, for my hysterectomy, the doc chose not to go through the belly button for one of my holes since it was still recovering from surgery a month before.

Good luck!
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:58 PM

I had gallbladder surgery through the belly button and it looks the same. They make the smallest hole possible and try to put it in a place that will not show once healed if they can. Don't expect it to be perfect right out of surgery, mind you it will be a swollen and red until it heals.
You will do just fine.
Blessings
Unread 07-17-2010, 04:06 PM

yep me too~just a tiny little scar under my belly button...
Unread 07-17-2010, 04:59 PM

I have had two laps. The first one I could see at first, though it healed so you couldn't see it, but this one I can't even find! I know he went in there, but there isn't much evidence! Nothing to worry about there.
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Haha sorry i cant help it im in a funky mood. I have an outtie belly button to begin with so it wouldnt matter at all. I do however, hope your belly button looks the same as before. I wish mine looked "normal"
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:18 PM

I had 5 laparoscopies before and my belly button looks exactly the same. I don't think you should worry about that. Good luck with ur surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register