pre op visit today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre op visit today pre op visit today

Unread 12-09-2004, 08:09 AM
pre op visit today

I realize this is asked daily and I have read it numerous times however today is my day, I am so nervous. I have so may questions like what to bring, I have heard a lot of us take pillows and dear blankets but what about the Kotex for after, post meds, etc.

Also on the day I am to be released I don't know if I even have a ride home. So as you can tell I am just overwhelmed and I guess now I am writing I am more nervous than I thought.

My surgery is scheduled for next wednesday and should be a simple procedure, however she is expecting the possibility of complications, which all docs say.

If anyone has some suggestions to ask my dr today please let me know.

Good luck to all others with the pre-op visit today,Mary Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 12:50 PM
pre op visit today

S

I believe in traveling light. You are in the hospital such a short time, unless you need some special things for comfort, why create all that work for yourself? And for the person who will be taking you home?

There is a list on the homepage under “hints – articles” – in the Pre Op part, also if you click on "checklists" in the purple stripe at the top of the page. It’s pretty extensive, but I believe in traveling light, so here is all I used:
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Shampoo, cream rinse, moisturizer
A brush
Robe & slippers
Lip balm (moisturizing formula) try to make sure it has no petroleum in it as it will react with oxygen should you need it.

I took a couple of books, but shouldn't have bothered, they never came out of the bag and it was just something else to carry home.

Some ladies take their own nighties, but for such a short period of time I didn't bother. I figured I'd let the hospital do the laundry! I went in on Tuesday and came home Thursday.

I didn’t take my own pillow, I would have been stressing about leaving it behind or otherwise misplacing it. The pillows in my hospital were as comfortable, if not more so, than a lot of “better” hotels.

In general NO do not take your own medications to the hospital with you unless you have been given specific instructions to do so.

Hope this helps!
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:03 PM
pre op visit today

I was just jotting down my list, and I'm going to keep it simple like Mary Lou suggests. She pretty much covered everything on my list! Except I am going to take some books--I never leave home without at least one!

But I'd do whatever you feel best about. If you want to have lots of "just in case" stuff, and that will make you less stressed, then by all means take it! I get stressed by having too much to keep up with!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register