So Scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:03 AM
So Scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Iam to have surgery on March 28th 2005, I am so scared .
I am only 28 and I have 3 kids 2 by c-cection, Is this surgery like a c-cection?
also what can I expect after surgery because my husband wont be there after recovey and even before I get out of surgery!!!!!
SO SCARED, crying alot,I feel so helpless!!!!
am I going to be in much more pain than with my c-cections?
Now dont get me wrong my husband is trying so hard to make me more comfortable but its not working...
If anybody feels like i am please let me know and can any body anser any of my questions I would apprecate that....
I AM SO SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Jabner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:19 AM

Hi Jabner,

I understand how you are feeling. It's quite normal to be scared. I don't have any c-section experience to share with you, but a lot of ladies here do.

We've had a couple of discussions recently on comparing a hysterectomy to a c-section that you might find interesting. You can find one here and another thread can be found by clicking here.

I'm sure you will get more experience from ladies who have been through both procedures.

I wish you the best!

s

Deb
Unread 03-24-2005, 10:20 AM

Hi, I posted a thread the other day asking what's the difference of c-section and TAH, it should be on page 2. I received alot of useful info. I understand how you feel about being scared and everyone seems to say waiting is the hardest part. I know I am scared of the recovering part and taking care of my dd (she's only 4). If you ever want to talk you can e-mail or pm me.
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:20 AM

Jabner to this forum. I believed is that is normal your reaction. But while you search here in this forum you would see that you will received a lot of support from our sister here. You should search on the hints pre op. I'm very sorry that you feel like that I know how it feel. Just have faith in god and you will see he will give you the strange that you need. I will put you in my prayes. What type of surgery you will have.? But you should talk to your Dr. on more details of your precedure. But rewarding what I learned here and also from my Dr. yes they will do like a C-. In my case. I'm having a SAH. Which is removing my uterus and left ovaries. Keeping my right ovary(if is okay, which that is what we believed)Due to various fibroid and cyst.Also if you need to talk you could email me.
Unread 03-24-2005, 11:25 AM

I was scare as well , I cryed on the operating table and then they gave me something to relax. I am unable to compare it to a C section because I didn't have one...well it has been a week since my hysterectomy and I'm feeling good. I have some pain but I take pain medication for now. I can only imagine how good I will feel to get all my energy back and to never have a period again. You will be fine, the weather is getting nicer and you'll be happy once it is all over.
Unread 03-24-2005, 12:07 PM

Hi Jabner

It is only natural to feel scared. We have all been there. You are not alone.

I have never had a C-section, but my guess is that you will find this comparable or easier.

I found that the hospital staff did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable. I don't know if you are having a TAH, but after surgery I received a pain pump, IV with gravol to prevent possible nausea, benedryl to prevent possible itching (this didn't work), shots to prevent possible blood clots, a drainage tube and catheter. They took every precaution, and I didn't have to move for the first day. They came in regularly to check my blood pressure. The second day they had me up sitting in a chair, doing deep breathing exercises, and arm and foot exercises to keep the blood flowing. They insisted that there should be NO pain and encouraged regular use of the pain pump.

Coming home to a 4 year old may be a problem, as you should not do any lifting or stairs. Now is the time to impose on neighbours, friends, etc. I found it was helpful to have some "pop in the oven" meals in the freezer before I went into the hospital.

I hope knowing what to expect calms your fears. Think good thoughts, and know that others will be thinking of you.
Unread 03-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Me too

My surgery is scheduled for 4/14/05.....and I am scared also. I am 30 and have 2 kids, my youngest was born 4/29/04...they found cancer while I was pregnant. July 2004 Dr. removed most of cervix....but cancer cells came back. So I am having a hyster...but keeping the ovaries, so I don't have to have any treatment for hormones. My husband left in July 2004....which was a good thing. But with a young baby...surgery...working, I really haven't had time to even think about the surgery but as the date gets closer I get more and more worried.

Do you have to stay in the hospital? I get to go home the same day. Are your parents close by or anyone to help?

Jenn30
Unread 03-24-2005, 01:02 PM
i can relate

no i have to stay in the hospital for 3 days .
i am so scared like i said before i feel hopless, i have three kids a 8 year old,a 4 year old,and a 3 year old.
my parents live real close but my mom just broke her hip one month ago so my dad is helping her.
i guess as my mom always told me

I AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN!!!!!

E-MAIL ME BACK IF YOU NEED TO TALK!!!!!

jabner
Unread 03-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Jabner,
I know it's hard, but try not to worry! I was so terrified of surgery that I thought my husband was going to have to carry me (and, no, that's not a joke!) I built it up so much worse in my mind than it really was. My surgery was March 21, and I am home and I feel pretty good. Also, having a TAH is easier than a hysterectomy to me, because the uterus does not have to heal up! Preparation is the key to helping you keep it all together! Keep everything you need for your little ones as close to waist high as possible (I know, the counters may look messy for a while, but you'll thank me later!) Recruit family and friends, and if your oldest child is responsible, recruit him or her, too. If you plan for all the possibilities, it really helps to calm you down. It's like having a game plan. I hope this helps! Good luck!
Vanessa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register