29 and scared - TAH scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

29 and scared - TAH scheduled 29 and scared - TAH scheduled

Unread 01-03-2009, 10:01 PM
29 and scared - TAH scheduled

My TAH is scheduled for next month and I am nervous. None of my friends seem to understand what I am up against. I am single and afraid of the fact that this is permanent. I also don't know what to expect afterwards. And is there anything I should do before my surgery??? Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Hi Ptown, I had a tvh, abit different from your upcoming procedure, I really read alot on this site, every associated surgery storey, I read, every hint, I read.
Try to search on this site any questions or concerns you may have. The more prepared you are the better your recovery will be. And you will be able to inform your friends and family as well.

I hope you have a good circle of friends and family around you to help you get through this, it is important, and you will need help at home as you recover.

Wishing you the best!
Unread 01-04-2009, 03:52 AM

Hi PTown,
Welcome
You will find a lot of support here and also be able to share your experience with women in your age group also. The best preparation you can do is to learn as much as you can about your diagnosis, treatment options, and recovery. Knowledge is power. Research from different sources so you will get a well rounded base of knowledge without too much bias.

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2009, 03:56 AM

Welcome! This is a great site to get info from, and if you have any questions just ask everyone here is great about trying to answer them! I had my hyst when I was 27 though I didn't have a TAH I had my done with the Davinci Robot which I think was wonderful! Good Luck!
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:03 AM

Hi PTOWN!

We’re happy you joined the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense and experiences to share with you at every stage of your journey to good health!

If you haven’t already done so, please do yourself a favor and register to receive Hysterectomy Checkpoints. It’s one of the best features of the site, in my opinion -- designed to accompany you through the entire hysterectomy experience from start to finish, and beyond!

You can take the opportunity to prepare yourself for what’s ahead by reading the Pre-Op Articles. You might find the following particularly helpful:

Coping With Pre-Op Anxiety & Fear

What to Expect at the Hospital

What to Bring to the Hospital

How Others Can Help

Is Sex Afterwards Really The Same?

You might enjoy browsing through the stories in the Tell Your Hyst-Story section. The posts are sorted by the type of surgery that was performed so it's easy to find the stories that tell about the type of hysterectomy you are scheduled to have.

Through the years, hundreds of women have shared their personal suggestions in Hints from Members that you may also want to peruse.

Rest assured you have come to the right place. Best wishes as you prepare for your trip to the Castle!
Unread 01-04-2009, 04:22 PM

Hi PTown!
I am 31 and just had a TLH last Tuesday. I know that it's different than a TAH, but I think it will go well for you. For me the decision was easy and even though I am single also, I was tired of the pain and everything else going on. I can honestly say that the pain I am experiencing now is nothing compared to what I have had to deal with for years.
Just make sure that this is your decision and no one else's and take care of yourself before and after surgery.
Also, this site is awesome and filled with great advice for all of us sisters. I am glad that I used it for info and any questions I had. Good Luck Sweetie!
Your Hystersister,
Pinkyjean
LSO-11/05
TLH-12/30/08
Unread 01-04-2009, 04:33 PM

PTOWN:

I am having a SAH this week and will need a vertical incision. I too am single and no kids. As I write this, I am not comfortable. I need to do this even though I do not WANT to. And to top it off, I am chicken and do not want to be helpless opr dependent. And I am scared about anesthesia too. But I know I will be OK in the end - at least I hope!

Hang in there and read different areas of this site as they will answer quite a bit.
Unread 01-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Hey PTOWN! I had an emergency TLH BSO on 10/17. I always read posts from the the women in waiting and don't know what to say, except be thankful that you have time to research, set an aftercare plan, and just have a conversation with yourself. I had no time, I went in with everything, having my period too(ironic)and I came out with nothing. It was a holiday weekend, no Drs. came to talk to me , one nurse was awesome, but I was alone and empty-no pun intended! So be thankful you have time and that you found this great site, it is a goddess sent!!!! Good Luck and all that jazz
Unread 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM

Hello PTOWN, I too am 29 and had a TVH (with emergency surgery 2 days later in which I ended up with an abdominal incision anyway). I too was really nervous, and none of my friends understood what I was going through either. I don't know the reasons you are having yours, but I am sure you will be as relieved as I am when it is all done.

I will be thinking of you

Carly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register