Surprise (NOT!!!!) Postponed again, 3rd time!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surprise (NOT!!!!) Postponed again, 3rd time!!! Surprise (NOT!!!!) Postponed again, 3rd time!!!

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Surprise (NOT!!!!) Postponed again, 3rd time!!!

I guess I should have expected this to happen - this is the third time I've been postponed.

I just heard from my docs office. He had a medical emergency of his own (don't know what it was). He is out indefinitely, until further notice. *sigh* At least it's not as bad as the first two times. I really planned those out, I was hesitant this time...

I hope he's ok. I know he is supposed to contact the office via phone, so at least he's coherent!

I don't even know what to do now.

Waaaahhhhh!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:24 AM

Oh lisandboo,

I can't believe you have been postponed a third time. Bless your heart! Have you tried seeing another doctor in the same practice? Just a thought.

Hopefully, your doctor will be back soon and you can be rescheduled quickly. Please keep us posted!

s

Deb
Unread 03-24-2005, 10:25 AM

I am so sorry this has happened to you again!! You must be completely exhausted from the emotional rollar coaster this surgery causes. I hope you don't have to wait to much longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 10:49 AM

sorry to hear you are postponed again..........hope things can be worked out. Is there another doctor in with yours that could go over your charts, etc., and possibly do the surgery? I know where I go, there are 2 other doctors and if something happened, I would be asking if one of the others could do it.

I would be curious to know why your doctor is out and if he will be "able" to perform his normal duties once he returns. (I know they can't tell you due to the privacy act).

anyhow, hope things work out for you and you don't have any serious complications that need to be taken care of before he comes back.
Unread 03-24-2005, 11:21 AM

I called my regular doc cause he is a friend of my ob/surgeon. I was going to ask him what to do - either wait (e.g. surgeon had a broken ankle or something - will be back soon) or find someone else (e.g. surgeon had a stroke - won't be back indefinitely). But he's out this week too. Hopefully he can tell me something, or refer me to someone else.

I don't know any docs that are in my surgeon's office now - he just moved into the University Medical School as an assistant professor about 3 months ago.

I'm frustrated...
Unread 03-24-2005, 11:54 AM

Really sorry to hear that - I hope you get some answers - and some surgery soon

Chcky
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:38 PM

I am sorry to hear of your delays, and more delays, and then what???? DELAYS!!!!!! That has got to be the most frustrating thing, I cant even imagine. Please take care and know that I will put you in my prayers that you get a date, a date that will stick this time, and you will breeze through and recover uneventfully.
Please take care.
snickers
Unread 03-24-2005, 07:06 PM

I'm soooooooo sorry to hear that you're delayed again. I know how it feels to be postponed. I choose to think that there is a higher power that is causing this. It will happen when it is supposed to when it is the right time for you. I know that it must be disheartening to have this happen 3 times though.

Keep your chin up and give the office a call again tomorrow. Maybe you'll get the real date of your surgery!

Good luck and I'll pray that your wait will be short.
Unread 03-24-2005, 08:09 PM
wow that is so not right!

This must be really hard on you!
Three times! Holy cow!
If I were you I would wonder if Someone was trying to send me a message.

I know this might be a really radical thought but would you consider calling your primary care physician and saying something like," If I were your sister (wife,mother, you choose what's appropriate) and needed this surgery who would you send me to?" and go on to the next doctor that you get an excellent referrel for.
It's amazing how when you personalize it for the doctors they know exactly who to see.
I am sorry but three times cancelled is two times too many in my humble opinion.
Good luck and I hope you have a resolution to your situation soon.
Judy
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:48 AM

Judy,
Oh yeah! I've thought about the "Someone" trying to send me a message. I just don't get it though - it can't be the decision of the hysto... maybe just the timing!

I did call my primary care person (and funny, your question "If I were your sister, wife,mother..." is a preface I've used to docs before). My primary is a good friend of my surgeon's, and I thought I could get more info from him - like how long my surgeon would really be out, or should I see someone else, etc. But he is out of town until next week. My son's ped is also a good friend of my surgeons - and he is out of town too (must be spring break).

The first time I was cancelled it was because I had multiple infections. The second time cancelled was because my surgeon is a porfessor at the medical school and he had to oversee resident surgery that day (why they discovered the scheduling conflict so late, I don't know). Funny that too - cause 3 days before the second surgery had been scheduled, I came down with an awful cold which turned into bronchitis - it would have had to be rescheduled anyway. Now this third time is for some medical emergency that the surgeon had. Hmmm, I don't know... timing seems to be critical here.

I am frustrated though - with rescheduling everything from getting my son taken care of (single Mom) to my home, and my work - which is heavy with deadlines, so work has been shuffled and reshuffled multiple times. And especially the "preparing mentally" three times, then let down.

I feel like I've written a book... sorry about that.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register