New member...hysto soon - immune supression question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New member...hysto soon - immune supression question New member...hysto soon - immune supression question

Unread 02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
New member...hysto soon - immune supression question

Hi, I am a new member, 45 yrs old. My recent appointment with my Gyno was Thursday, and I have to get a Hysto due to severe periods, fibroids, and cramping all month long. YEAAA!!!! I wanted a hysto for aloooong time. I will be relieved to get rid of all the period probs. I also was just recently DXed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. My doctor wants me to start the Enbrel injections soon. I just found out about both the hysterectomy and starting the Enbrel last week. Has anyone here had a hysterectomy while on an immune supressor medication? I will not start the Enbrel if my doctor says it will interfere. I would rather push thru the RA pain for awhile longer and go ahead and get the hysto!!! I am not afraid of a hysto at all...three of my close friends have had one and did fine. I am certian I will be OK. Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Re: New member...hysto soon

I wish I had an answer to your question, but I do not. There are a multitude of women on this site with a wide range of experiences and health issues. Hopefully one of them will be able to respond to your post.

I am going to slightly edit your title so that it might catch someones attention with your same issues.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Re: New member...hysto soon - immune supression question

Janet,
I am right there with you. I am scheduled for a TAH on March 13th, and am looking forward to a new chapter in my life.
I have suffered with extremely painful, heavy, irregular periods since I started this journey 34 years ago.
I was diagnosed with RA about 9 months ago, but my Rheumie is ultra conservative on meds. I do not have visable swelling, so I was started on Sulfasulazine and Naproxen. We are working on changing my medication, but waiting on Insurance approval.
I am wondering if HRT will affect the RA one way or the other. I have an appt on March 8th and hopefully he will be able to answer that question for me.
My thoughts are with you. I understand how unpredictable RA can be.
Have you been scheduled yet?
We can be Hysto / RA buddies.
Take Care,
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 03:30 PM

Hi My Gyno nurse called me the other day and said they want to try and shoot for March 27th as a surgery date to get the hysterectomy. I have to go see my primary doctor March 9th to get surgery "clearance"...as long as I am ok with that, a date will be set in stone. I also go see my Rheumy on March 12th...so I will ask my primary doctor, and also ask my Rheumy about the Enbrel. But I will most definately hold off on it if the surgery is next month!!! I will be SOOOOOOO happy!!! I am on my period right now...AGAIN this month. I HATE the pain/bleeding/hurting...everything that goes with it. My Gyno mentioned she might leave my ovaries...but the more I think about it, I don;t want them. I don't care about going into menopause. I just heard from some people that kept their ovaries...that they still have cramping every month. Uh....NO I don;t want none of that...ever again!!! Cancer runs in my family...so I don't wanna keep the ovaries and later maybe have trouble with them. I just went to buy tampons and pads before work today...and tampons were on sale 75% off...so I bought 6 boxes...not thinking after next month I will NEVER EVER have to worry about the Great Flood again!!! Oh well...my daughter will use them I am sure LOL
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Make the decision that is right for you and your health. We will support whatever you decide - I can see how you would not want to chance cramping. I just don't know how common that is. I did not have a choice - all came out per my gyn onc. I am 46, so just a bit older than you. It is nice not to have ovarian cancer concerns - I always worried about that. Cancer in general runs in my family as well, so I know how you feel. I lost both my maternal grandmother and mother to that disease.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register