Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 28-Jan 03,2021 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 28-Jan 03,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 28-Jan 03,2021

Unread 01-07-2021, 12:01 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 28-Jan 03,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussette View Post
[color="Navy"]Fitness gal here, too. It was hard giving that up, but it's needed for healing. The body has an amazing memory, though, and it won't take as long to get back into it as it did to get started. Do be patient. Recovering from this surgery isn't like athletic training where pushing through makes you stronger - you could do damage now or it could surface later. What we say around here is you get one chance to heal properly. So enjoy the downtime... we get it so seldom!
so good to hear all of this. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 28-Jan 03,2021

Welcome Cloudnine73!

Better late than never to a party, I always say. I am glad to hear you’re doing well and having a good recovery. That’s really great. Hope it keeps on that way for you!

FanofFitness and Cindy, I also enjoy coffee but it does not like me when it’s caffeinated. I have heard that Peleton is a great machine but have never tried one. I’m sorry to hear about your foot.

Today was a pretty good day overall for me. Have stopped taking the half tab of Tramadol I was taking at night. Just taking ibuprofen now and Tylenol halfway through my ibuprofen if I need it. On antibiotics, which is fine, but makes my stomach a little upset. Only a day more of that, so it’s all good.

How’s everyone feeling today? I am watching reruns on tv and getting my courses set up for the spring semester.

It’s kind of nice to have this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudnine73 View Post
Good morning ladies! Sorry I'm late to the party. I had my laparoscopic surgery on Dec 30th. I had everything removed except my ovaries. I have been healing nicely. I actually have felt like I've had a miracle recovery, as I was feeling good even the morning after my surgery. I was actually cleaning and organizing my hospital room, lol. Once home, I have been trying to take it easy because even though I am feeling better on the outside, I have to remember all of the intricate work that was done on the inside and allow myself to rest and heal. My DH has been wonderful doing everything for me. Bless his heart, we are newlyweds and then I go and start having all these medical issues this past year and gaining 30 lbs. I guess we are just getting all that For Better or For Worse out of the way early!

Overall, I've had a good 1 week post-op. Still bruising on the incision areas, no pain. I also had a lot of sore throat the first 4 days or so. The main issue I am having is that I've had that mysterious surge of libido! I know it's probably the last thing on most of your minds, but for me, the struggle is real y'all.. lol. I am in no way being pressured by my DH, it's just something I miss. The closeness. I have my 2 week follow-up appt with my dr next week. I hope she says everything is healing nicely and still on board for resuming activities after 8 weeks.

Thank you to all of you for posting all of your experiences. I have learned so much about body! For example, I had no idea what a vaginal cuff was until I started reading articles about it. The more you know..

Happy to hear all of my fellow sisters are progressing nicely as well.

Hugs to you all!
xoxo
Unread 01-08-2021, 05:36 AM

Artgrrl- thanks.. my feet are ok now and I'm happy with the Peloton bike and strength workouts so all is good!

I feel like I may have turned the corner yesterday, my cuff isn't hurting nearly so much. I haven't had to take ibuprofen in almost 24 hours now. Yes, I'm still taking it easy most of the time. I do some light stuff around the house and then rest a while. I finished a book yesterday and plan to watch tv mostly today.
I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday, but not sure I will. I have someone available to cover for me so I might take a couple more days. I don't have a desk job but no lifting is required so I think I'll be ok. My doc told me 2 weeks off. My first follow up appointment is next Friday.
Hope everyone has a great day and continued healing. <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2021, 06:56 AM

Two weeks is not a whole lot of time off for what was done inside. Your vaginal cuff stitches won't be dissolving for another week or two. I returned on Day 15 to my part time desk job at further reduced hours. I was rewarded with dull crampy aches, swelling, back ache, fatigue and stress from catching up. It's eye-opening the toll that simply sitting upright or standing more for a few hours can take on a body that's gone through the trauma of abdominal surgery - even laparoscopic procedures have many internal incisions which need healing. I ended up working another week at further reduced hours, but in hindsight, my employer got the short end of my abilities, and I didn't stay home to rest when I still needed it. I should emphasize that I kept my cervix (no vaginal cuff) and had a textbook recovery, yet still felt the effects of returning too early.

If you backslide upon returning, talk to your doctor about extending your time off.
Unread 01-08-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanOfFitness View Post
Artgrrl- thanks.. my feet are ok now and I'm happy with the Peloton bike and strength workouts so all is good!

I feel like I may have turned the corner yesterday, my cuff isn't hurting nearly so much. I haven't had to take ibuprofen in almost 24 hours now. Yes, I'm still taking it easy most of the time. I do some light stuff around the house and then rest a while. I finished a book yesterday and plan to watch tv mostly today.
I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday, but not sure I will. I have someone available to cover for me so I might take a couple more days. I don't have a desk job but no lifting is required so I think I'll be ok. My doc told me 2 weeks off. My first follow up appointment is next Friday.
Hope everyone has a great day and continued healing. <3
I am glad you are waiting for your 2 week appointment Cussette shared a story of going back to work to soon! I am listening! I will wait until I am told I can! Hugs and love!
Unread 01-08-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy coleman View Post
So glad you are pooping! That is a major thing I do believe! I also understand the pain! I not only get it when I poop but also just before a fart!! Hope you are doing well!! Cindy coleman
I’m glad to finally read this as I am having those pains too and being all alone all day my mind can wonder and is making me nervous. I’m not sure what is “normal” or not. I’m 10 days post op, and overall feel pretty good except the occasional sharp bowl pains before going and before passing gas.
Unread 01-08-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artgrrl2003 View Post
Welcome Cloudnine73!

Better late than never to a party, I always say. I am glad to hear you’re doing well and having a good recovery. That’s really great. Hope it keeps on that way for you!

FanofFitness and Cindy, I also enjoy coffee but it does not like me when it’s caffeinated. I have heard that Peleton is a great machine but have never tried one. I’m sorry to hear about your foot.

Today was a pretty good day overall for me. Have stopped taking the half tab of Tramadol I was taking at night. Just taking ibuprofen now and Tylenol halfway through my ibuprofen if I need it. On antibiotics, which is fine, but makes my stomach a little upset. Only a day more of that, so it’s all good.

How’s everyone feeling today? I am watching reruns on tv and getting my courses set up for the spring semester.

It’s kind of nice to have this time.
Thank you Artgrrl! I think I may have jinxed myself when talking about how amazing my recovery is going. I "accidentally" picked up a small ottoman stool yesterday, thinking it was lighter than it actually was. I paid the price of having to lay down the rest of the evening due to aching pains in my belly. I was so scared that I had injured myself internally, but have had no spotting at all. Only a dull pressure feeling in my lower pelvic area last night that only lasted a short while. I looked up the signs of a torn vaginal cuff and I think bleeding would be my first indication? I am NOT taking that chance again and will not push myself any more. Only rest. I was trying to pick up my Superwoman cape from the cleaners a little too early!

Today is better and just taking it easy. My 2 week post-op appt is next Wednesday and really looking forward to hearing what she says about my progress. I am still taking Tramadol along with extra strength Tylenol daily. It really does help.

Wishing all my fellow sisters a great day!
Unread 01-08-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudnine73 View Post
Thank you Artgrrl! I think I may have jinxed myself when talking about how amazing my recovery is going. I "accidentally" picked up a small ottoman stool yesterday, thinking it was lighter than it actually was. I paid the price of having to lay down the rest of the evening due to aching pains in my belly. I was so scared that I had injured myself internally, but have had no spotting at all. Only a dull pressure feeling in my lower pelvic area last night that only lasted a short while. I looked up the signs of a torn vaginal cuff and I think bleeding would be my first indication? I am NOT taking that chance again and will not push myself any more. Only rest. I was trying to pick up my Superwoman cape from the cleaners a little too early!

Today is better and just taking it easy. My 2 week post-op appt is next Wednesday and really looking forward to hearing what she says about my progress. I am still taking Tramadol along with extra strength Tylenol daily. It really does help.

Wishing all my fellow sisters a great day!
Hello! Cindy Coleman
I just taking it easy today. Feeling some strange pains in the vaginal area so just resting to wait on the pain! I am taking the ibuprofen only and Miralax to soften the stool! So things are good! Tummy is way down now and glad for that! Little by little getting better! Have a great day of healing everyone!! Blessings on you all!
Unread 01-08-2021, 10:55 AM

Hi FanOfFitness- Did I read that you are on your Peloton bike? I have been wanting to get on my Bowlfex M8 trainer, which is just a gentle stair climber type machine. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to even be on the lowest slow setting. I miss exercising and though it might be good for my recovery of my lower extremities. Even 5 minutes a day. I wasn't sure if that might be too much. I'll definitely confirm with my dr next week also.
Unread 01-08-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy coleman View Post
Hello! Cindy Coleman
I just taking it easy today. Feeling some strange pains in the vaginal area so just resting to wait on the pain! I am taking the ibuprofen only and Miralax to soften the stool! So things are good! Tummy is way down now and glad for that! Little by little getting better! Have a great day of healing everyone!! Blessings on you all!
Glad to hear you're having a great day, CindyColeman! My tummy also has gone down just a little bit. I'm still wearing those wonderful post-surgery panties that the hospital gave me! I found some on amazon and ordered myself a bunch. They are heavenly and give only the right amount of compression and don't land on my incision area. I'm also needing a stool softener to keep things moving along. I don't know about everyone else's appetite's, but I have been feeling so hungry! I guess that's a good sign? Trying to keep eating fiber rich foods. I've also cut out my wine until I'm feeling more normal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register