laparoscospy or hysterectomy?..unsure!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

laparoscospy or hysterectomy?..unsure!! laparoscospy or hysterectomy?..unsure!!

Unread 04-22-2004, 08:29 AM
laparoscospy or hysterectomy?..unsure!!

HI EVERYONE,
FIRST OF ALL, GREAT WEBSITE. I ALSO WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR HELPING OTHERS!!!

I AM 39 YEARS OLD, MOTHER OF THREE AND RECENTLY I WAS TOLD I HAVE AN ANEXAL MASS/ENDEO. THE MASS IS FLOATING OUTSIDE THE OVARIES, SIZE IS A LITTLE BIGGER THAN 6.8 OR LIKE A GRAPEFRUIT. MY CA-125 CAME BACK A LITTLE ABNORMAL. (OVARIAN CANCER TEST) MY REGULAR GYN WANTS ME TO GO WITH THE LAPAROSCOSPY SURGERY, THEY WILL REMOVE THE MASS AND CLEAN IT OUT. THE ONCOLY GYN SAID I SHOULD GO WITH A HYSTERECTOMY. HE WILL CLEAN ME OUT AND I DO NOT HAVE TO COME BACK FOR MORE SURGERY. HE SAID SOMETIME DOES TEST CAN COME BACK ABNORMAL DO TO THE MASS, CYST AND WHEN THE UTERUS IS SWOLLEN. I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY CHANCES. SO I WOULD LIKE TO ASK THE DOC IF HE CAN OPEN ME, LOOK INSIDE, ROMOVE THE MASS AND CHECK MY OVARIES, UTERUS AND CERVIX, IF EVERYTHING LOOKS FINE TO LEAVE IT IN. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA? I WANT MY OVARIES AND EVERYTHING. I AM AFRAID OF ESTROGYN AND OTHER PROBLEMS THAT CAN COME AFTER SURGERY. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF MY YOUNG ONES WITH NO PROBLEMS. KIDS NEED ATTETION 24/7. DO YOU THINK THE DOC WILL SAY OK?
PLEASE, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK.

PSS. AFTER SURGERY, I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD THE HYSTERECTOMY HOW ARE YOU ALL FEELING, DOING. WITH OVARIES AND WITHOUT, THANK YOU. VERY WORRIED!!!

GOD BLESS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 10:32 AM

s

I don't have any help for you, I'm afraid. But I wanted to offer some cyber hugs.

Since a hyst hasn't been decided on yet, you may want to visit our Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives forum, and also our Cancer Concerns forum. I'm sure there are lots of members on those forums who would be able to share their experiences with you.

Best wishes!
Unread 04-22-2004, 11:08 AM

Can they start with the laparscopy and if needed move on to a laparotomy or hysterectomy?

My first laprascopy I signed consent papers with my doctor saying that it was ok if my doctor found more than expected during my laproscopy to go ahead and do a laparotmy at the same time instead of waking me up and setting up another surgery date and going through a second surgery.

Just a thought.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register