Has anyone ever had Repliform® Tissue Regeneration Matrix used or suggested | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone ever had Repliform® Tissue Regeneration Matrix used or suggested Has anyone ever had Repliform® Tissue Regeneration Matrix used or suggested

Unread 10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Has anyone ever had Repliform® Tissue Regeneration Matrix used or suggested

for Pelvic Floor prolapse repair? My Dr. talked about it today to repair the various prolapses I have. Said it would be decided once in there and if not too bad, then they wouldn't use it. But, he also said that the failure (or need to repeat at some point) rate was around 30% for regular pelvic floor repair. That seems so high to me. If this stuff is showing good promise (basically from what I read it is donor ligament cellular stuff that is cleaned, etc. and used to strengthen the ligaments you have in the repair area) why wouldn't you use it? Being only 41 and very active (with a husband who can't get around too well) I do most of the stuff in my house. the thought of having a pretty good chance to have to go back to surgery does not make me happy. The Dr. said it is a more complicated surgery but it something that shows good promise. Personally I can't see why you wouldn't use it. I mean, you are in there already. Why not make it as strong as possible the first time?

Anyway, just confused on this one. Hadn't heard of this before.
Thanks.
Tricia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
don't know if this is the same thing.....

I had a rectocele repair using human tissue graft. Is that what your doctor is talking about? My husband has major back problems and can't do heavy lifting, so for years I was his "back" (which is why I think I ended up with pelvic organ prolapse - that plus 3 children). My doctor said that doing the rectocele repair with this kind of tissue graft would enable me to have the lifestyle I had before. I had this done in January at the same time as a tvh/bso. The only problem I have had with that part of the surgery was adhesions in the area which my husband and I have had a lot of fun stretching. Now if going through this surgical menopause was just as easy.....but that's another story.

Joanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register