Pre-op today, surgery 1 week away!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op today, surgery 1 week away!!! Pre-op today, surgery 1 week away!!!

Unread 07-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Pre-op today, surgery 1 week away!!!

I met my surgeon today, it went great! He's so confident, answered all my questions and went over everything with me. Will do the LSH which keeps the cervix and keep both ovaries if he doesn't see any issues with them. Planning to do 5 small incisions, because I have had a caesarian section and a lap when I had a miscairrage from a tubal pregnancy, he has seen where the bowel can be close to the bellybutton so the extra cut is extra assurance. No bowel prep After the appointment he comes back with my 'script for oxycodin (I have no way to get to a pharmacy after surgery) and says "See you on Tuesday!" I am so ready for this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2008, 11:34 PM

Wow! I go 8/4 for my pre-op. I sure hope I don't have to do the bowel prep. Let me tell you I had to drink some clear NASTY stuff when I had to have a colonocopy done (fleet kit?). My hyster day is 08/06. Good luck to you and keep us all posted....Pam
Unread 07-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Sounds like you had a really good pre-op appt!? My pre-op isn't until Friday, have lots of ?? for him. My surgery is Aug 5th too, what time is yours? Mine is at 7:30, arrival at 6:30.

Ruth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Same here!

I have my pre-op tomorrow, well make that today, and my surgery on Mon. 8/4. Good Luck!
Unread 07-29-2008, 06:01 AM

I'll "wiggle" my way in here.......my pre-op is today and my surgery is Aug 7th. I'm ready and confident of my decision. Here we go girls!!! Good Luck to us all.
Unread 07-29-2008, 06:12 AM

Hello sisters...
I'm having my pre-op today and my surgery August 4th. I have lots of question to my doctor thanks to this websites great ideas. I just hope I'm as confident with my surgeon as your since mine will be a resident...Wish me luck!!
Unread 07-29-2008, 06:57 AM

Hey -

My pre-op was last week, I go sign consent forms tomorrow and find out any remaining instructions. Surgery Tuesday, 8/5. Doc said for me to take a laxative Sunday - any suggestions what is good to use without causing any bloating and cramping?

I am anxious to just get it done, and then sometimesa bit nervous too. I am sooo glad I found this site
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:03 PM

I just came back from my pre-op and the doctor told me to stay on a liquid diet the day before surgery and she prescribed me a fleet...I'm realy not looking forward to that.
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:43 PM

I feel so lucky. Just came back from my pre-op and everything is good. No bowel prep. I just had to have some blood work and a chest x-ray. Got all my questions answered and feeling good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register