Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 183 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi Phillipians446...well I thought with taking the double dose of antibiotics yesterday I would be better than I am. I am still in such pain wrapping around the left side. But hopefully better tomorrow. I only did a slow 40 minute walk today with the weather being so nice I feel I am missing out on it with all of this added on to my healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Byfaith, how are you feeling tonite?

Wondering how Ele did at the fair today

Jennice, are you still in pain? Resting has helped me today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Hi Phillipians446...well I thought with taking the double dose of antibiotics yesterday I would be better than I am. I am still in such pain wrapping around the left side. But hopefully better tomorrow. I only did a slow 40 minute walk today with the weather being so nice I feel I am missing out on it with all of this added on to my healing.
Byfaith---did the doctor mention the possibility of the pain being endo again?
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:26 PM

I am new at this posting and not sure if my comments are in the right section. I just needed to talk to someone to see if they were having similar problems. My surgery was July 10 and I just feel exhausted. I am tired all the time and I have not got a full nights sleep since the surgery. In the mornings I feel really good, but by 11:00 a.m. I feel like I've been run over by a train. I also still experience pain in my lower abdomen. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy, they were not able to save anything. I even have shortness of breath. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? In addition to the above, I am an emotional wreck. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavpearson
I am new at this posting and not sure if my comments are in the right section. I just needed to talk to someone to see if they were having similar problems. My surgery was July 10 and I just feel exhausted. I am tired all the time and I have not got a full nights sleep since the surgery. In the mornings I feel really good, but by 11:00 a.m. I feel like I've been run over by a train. I also still experience pain in my lower abdomen. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy, they were not able to save anything. I even have shortness of breath. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? In addition to the above, I am an emotional wreck. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you.

Hi Lavpearson, I didnt want to mention it before but yes I have shortness of breath too, I figured it was cuz I was not doing my walking, my room is upstairs so I climb the stairs all day and feel short of breath at times, I forget to breath at times while taking those stairs so I get winded even more. There isnt that many either! From reading all the post for the past 6 weeks or more I found it can take up to a full year to fully recover.. Are you on HRT? How old are you? I tried HRT due to hot flashes, I too have a TAH / BSO took it all.. and the HRT made me so tired and tense.. pulled that patch right off after a few days!! I too cant sleep through the night, I think I have a return of the UTI I had pre surgery... Anyway GOOD LUCK.. call the doctor if its beyond normal, its only a phone call and may help.. are you talking vitamins? That may help..
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:41 PM

Hey Law,
I am here now. It was 100 degrees here today. I ran a few errands and came back and did my hair, cleaned up a little and watched tv. Guess Who was on. It was pretty good. I hadn't seen it. I am heading up to my son's college in the morning to take the rest of his things. He left this morning. I really miss him already just because he is my only child and his b-day is Monday when classes start. I will also miss him being my waterboy and running the steps for me. Good thing, I am feeling better to do it myself.
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Yes, that was mentioned. When I call to make the G.I. appointment I will have the nurse pull up the C.T. Scan results and ask her to read what they think it may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Byfaith---did the doctor mention the possibility of the pain being endo again?
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Ah, how did Elefante do at the Fair? She left home at 7:30 a.m. and did not return until 10:20 at night. Ridiculous! Never take teens. My abdomen protested quite a bit at various times but I sat w/granddaughter a LOT and so survived. Even got a small blister on one toe. And here I sit at 10:45 p.m. when I should have been in la la land a loooong time ago. I ate healthy again and the 'perfect scale' said I'm 128 so at 5 ft. about 2 if I stand tall I haven't really gained or lost a single ounce w/all that I've done to be in shape prior to surgery and trying to get in shape after. Same old E. With a swelly sometimes belly. And lots of knots.

Sunday: my plan is to REST and buy 1000 nametags to use in my classes starting Monday and REST REST REST no matter HOW many people call on me.

I cannot believe I lasted 13 hours at the Fair. I'm crazy. Don't even all start w/me. It will be very interesting to see what the doc says at my appt. with him this coming Friday.

Hugs to you all, esp. w/those who are still having troubles w/healing. I'm probably having trouble and can't feel it! I'm nuts. And yes, I'm going to the Fair again over Labor Day weekend............maybe I'll get some 'rest' at work next week.

E.
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:49 PM

I spent 13 hours at the Fair today. I'm insane. I will write more tomorrow. Granddaughter and I should really hit the sack and see if we can sleep!!!
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Thank you so much for responding. I am 42 years old and I am taking a estrogen pill and also tons of vitamins. I tried not to take the HRT but the hot flashes were so bad that I just couldn't handle it. Even taking the HRT I still have a few flashes a day - some worse than others. I think if I could just get some sleep I would feel better. I am very moody and most of the time, I just want to be by myself. I hope this changes. I am usually a very outgoing person and a lot of fun (if I do say so myself). However, I know that I am not myself and this worries me. I love the person I was before the surgery and I don't want to change that. I haven't returned to work yet and I'm not sure that I am ready. You are right, I need to contact my doctor and let him know what is going on. Again, thanks for your comments. I feel better just knowing that there are others out there that are experiencing similar problems. Take care.
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:54 PM

Hey Law, I'm here tonite Geez, 100 degrees huh? And i'm complaining here in Florida. It was not so bad today because of the rain. Its been 90's. I'm feeling a little better today after being a bit depressed yesterday. I had a lot of pain the last two days and I'm not sure if its because i've been working too much or what. A massage from DH really has helped me today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register