Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 235 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Ladies,
The MTV awards are on. I am so young, huh? But this is 1 of the couple I like to watch. Hopefully, BF will watch with me. Gotta go, he is downstairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 10:56 PM
8 wks & still not back to normal

I need to get my "groove back" maybe MTV will help. I don't seem to be interested in much of anything any more. My family are planning an intervention I think because they think I should be back to "normal" by now. I don't like taking meds either but I may need help. I guess I'll have to call my DR tomorrow. My DD & Dsis think I need drugs.
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:57 AM

Phillipians, I am also dealing with excruciating back pain. If going to the chiropractor tomorrow doesn't help, I'll try the DR. It was bad before Friday, but it didn't help when I did who knows how many steps going to support my band teacher husband at his first home game of the season and had to chat it up with the opposing team since I taught half of them last year! It was nice, but it got soooooooo hard to even walk by the end of the night...

Oh, also, for anyone worried about depression meds, I know it's tough. I had to start on them at 23 right after I began taking birth control (but then again, over half of the people in my family are on "happy" pills). There is a great (Christian) comedian named Chonda Pierce who recently had a bout of deep depression, and she talks sincerely about it in "A Piece of My Mind." She's great, and she is very frank about her struggle to stay away from drug intervention. Just a thought--plus, she's just a hoot to listen to! And she's about that hyper!

But as for not being back to our normal selves, it sucks, but not everyone heals the same. I talked with a woman tonight who healed in her 6-week time span. I was sooooo jealous!

And, I'm now the resident hysterectomy expert for the "younger" women at our church. Another woman has adenomyosis, so we had a nice chat today, and I referred her to my DR. I just hope she can have the vag. hyst. instead of the "gutting" type that I had!

Wishing everyone a nice week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 06:41 AM
a post here too:)

Hi ladies,
I posted on the progress side also about "X" still being uncomfortable. I am 8 and a half weeks postop. I was cleared at 4 weeks. I try but it is really hard to relax and enjoy it. It hurts more on the vaginal walls than anywhere else. Almost like it is still raw. My DH is very gentle and understanding...but for me, I want to do it but just cannot enjoy it. I wonder how long it takes?
I feel great otherwise. I am back to walking at a fast pace. Buzzing around the house and doing housework and yardwork.

Hope all is well with my sisters!
SM
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:57 AM

Simply,
What's up! See, that is y I haven't done it yet. I am afraid of it either hurting or being disappointed. (TMI) Have you tried it alone? I have a few times and that works fine. BF and I also did other things. I am not ready for X but going to try it this weekend. Law, said that it was good. Keep trying and maybe use some lubricate.
Have u gone back to work yet?
Unread 09-10-2007, 09:38 AM

Jennice- Yes, we use KY. We have used it for years I have not tried it alone. Afraid to

I have been back to work for 3 weeks. I only work part time. One day a week right now. When I am teaching I am only there for a short 3-5 hours. The first week I was tired when I got home but i get that way anyway at about 8-9 pm since surgery regardless of what kind of day I have had.

I really love the support and could not have made it through the past 6 vweeks without my sisters!

SM
Unread 09-10-2007, 09:45 AM

Simply thanks for your comment on "X." I feel like I am the only one struggling with that issue. I was feeling down yesterday because my Dsis & DD are out of patience with my recovery. They don't understand where my energy etc. went. I seem "different" to them. I am. I feel guilty feeling sorry for myself after what your Dfriend is going through. Even yesterday after resting pretty much all day, my belly was puffy/hard. YUK YUK YUK.
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:32 AM

I think that we will always rememer each other and different stories we shared. I know that I will. I bought me some KY on Friday, just in case. I wanted the popular Astroglide, but kmart didn't have it. I have never tried either lubricant. I tried the warming mist (liquid)a few months before surgery and didn't like it. Could also be because it burned and X was awful for me anyway. I got KY gel like the drs use. Since it didn't hurt for my internal, I am hoping X won't either.
Did Progress close yet?
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Just checking to see if site is still open. I am really glad that this site was here for all of us. Overall, at week 5 I started to feel better and each week is better and better. I do get a little tired, but that could be from no coffee and no diet pepsi. I hope that we all continue to recovery nicely.
Unread 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM

bsister and Jennice- Oh I am so glad I am not alone. is this normal to feel this way at this point or is that something is wrong. I am so glad I am not alone. The only problem is that my DH has not had this done and neither has my dr as "HE" has different body parts

Do not get me wrong, my DH is very caring but I wonder how long will I feel this way? We have been married for 23 years the end of this month and were HS sweetheart for 6 years before getting married. It has been truly wonderful. I have had 2 vaginal deliveries and don't ever remember hurting like this afterwards. I know I had major surgery and that it is different but it bothers me to no end!!!

SM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register