Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 271 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Also, for knittin and semi:
I think that the dr. should've waited on giving them the HRT to see what their bodies did since they are a little younger than me.

If I began to get a little nutty, I will get on it. I smoke so I think I should quit first. That is y I got off the pill right before I turned 35. I talked my husband into getting snipped. Silly me, rather smoke than stay on the pill. Little did I know at the time, that would change my life and I would end up here. My sister will be 39 in dec. and she said she will stay on the pill till she menopauses after what happened to me. Her periods were horrible before she got on the pill. She doesn't smoke though. I got on the pill for birth control, not for medical reasons. Thanks ladies, for letting me ramble.
Jennice,

I agree with Semi; I don't want to go through full-on menopause right now!!! Also, with the PCOS, testosteron tends to be higher in our bodies anyway, so estrogen replacement helps with that problem as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 08:02 AM

knit-My pcos symptoms have been much better since the surgery.
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:48 PM

Hello sisters, after reading some of the info on the estrogen I just want to say I first went full blown menopause after surgery. I did not take estrogen for almost 4 weeks after my surgery and I feel I waited too long. It took my body awhile to catch up. I went through so much after surgery emotionally and physically and much had to do with estrogen loss. My doctor said that I should continue to take the estrogen until I am 50 or 51 years old, so that's 6-7 more years! She said that she feels it very safe and you are protected against heart and bone problems. I also received that letter from Mayo Clinic in reference to some studies they have done regarding the benefits of taking estrogen. After reading it I have no problem taking it.

O.K. here is STILL my issue! INSOMNIA Nothing works that 3am wake...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 10:15 PM

byfaith,

What all have you tried to help you sleep? And have you tried for two weeks or more? I tried Ambien and Rozerom, but I'm on something new right now.

Right now I'm taking Amatryptaline, but that's because of the fibro, because people with that almost always have sleep issues...But I am still up until 2 or 3, however, I've only been on the meds for less than a week.

And the esrogen takes a while to take full effect. I think mine is finally kicking in full gear.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Hi ladies, I havent checked in in about a week. It looks like everyone is doing okay. I just got my results from the bone density test and its normal. Praise God! Everything is coming back normal. I'm waiting on results from a blood test that is specifically to look at my muscles. Everything else is checking out okay so I cannot explain my body aches. My "gut" tells me this is completely due to surgical menopause and the loss of hormones. I am not on estrogen and I think that might be the reason my body hurts so much.
Unread 10-18-2007, 04:23 PM
hello

Well, I still do not have my laptop. HP is sending me a new one finally. It is so inconvenient without it so I have not checked in lately.

I am doing great. I still have a sore bottom sometimes but as the dr said it will take a while for the nerve damage to repair itself. It is nothing that holds me back. I keep telling myself....It will take a year to recover. i have no problems with hormones. I still have both ovaries and they are working just fine!

i hope for all of you that the issues you have will resolve soon.
I am so glad I had the surgery done. My 18 y/o daughter is falling right into my footsteps and she is not liking it at all. We have been so busy with her that the fall is going by so fast. She has been accepted into the university of her choice and is so excited. She will attend a 6 week summer program for Freshman with learning Disabilities. As far as we know it is the only one like it in the state. I do not think she has touched the ground since finding out last Thursday!!!! She will be able to dance on a university dance team. It has been her lifelong dream.

Please know that i think of you all everyday. You are what gave me support when I needed it and i am grateful.

SM
Unread 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM

First I tried lots of homeopathic aids. Then my dr. prescribed Lunesta, it works great for me but it is so expensive, so my dr. put me on Ambien so my insurance would cover. But it does not work for me very well. I do fall asleep but I just don't STAY asleep. I just purchased Restaid. I am taking that along with the Ambien to see if that helps. Restaid is homeopathic. Found it on the Internet.

I agree on the estrogen, I don't know what I would do without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittinmanatee
byfaith,

What all have you tried to help you sleep? And have you tried for two weeks or more? I tried Ambien and Rozerom, but I'm on something new right now.

Right now I'm taking Amatryptaline, but that's because of the fibro, because people with that almost always have sleep issues...But I am still up until 2 or 3, however, I've only been on the meds for less than a week.

And the esrogen takes a while to take full effect. I think mine is finally kicking in full gear.
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:07 PM

I too finally got prescribed Ambien too, I have found that if I take it and then wait for it to work like 45-hour, it will not work as well as it does when I take it right at bedtime. Not sure why I have tired it both ways over the past month... this works best for me. Maybe give that a try? Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
First I tried lots of homeopathic aids. Then my dr. prescribed Lunesta, it works great for me but it is so expensive, so my dr. put me on Ambien so my insurance would cover. But it does not work for me very well. I do fall asleep but I just don't STAY asleep. I just purchased Restaid. I am taking that along with the Ambien to see if that helps. Restaid is homeopathic. Found it on the Internet.

I agree on the estrogen, I don't know what I would do without it.
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM

Presouz, thanks I too have tried both ways. One thing I know is I can't go to bed too early or I will wake up super early in the am and not get back to sleep. Thanks for the info. I am still trying to work with it. I am hoping at some point this insomnia will just go away.

Have you been on it very long? I have gone through 1 month of Ambien and 1 month of Lunesta. I have found that the Lunesta works the best. It's too bad I just can't afford it. My doctor did say to me though if the Ambien does not work we can go back to the Lunesta and THEN the insurance will cover it. I may ask her about that when I see her again.
Unread 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM

byfaith.... I have medical insurance but not Rx insurance so my ambien was 83.00 for one month was Lunesta more? If I use the Rx card the Hystersister gives out on this site its only 50.00... big savings!! I have had the script for a month and still have about 10 left because I take antivan too for anxiety so if I take that I wont take any ambien that night, worried about mixing them. Until my surgery I had not slept through the night for almost 4 years!! My first few weeks of recovery, I was under meds and I did have a few FULL NIGHTS of sleep, man that felt good! That soon stopped at the 3rd week of recovery... NOW I think I have a UTI that has yet to leave me for the past 6 weeks, even though I have been tested TWICE they say there is bacteria but not enough with in limits? I was on meds before surgery and after surgery for a UTI so I know what is happening.. WOW I know my body, I now have urge happening, I KNOW I have a UTI and bought an AZO UTI tester at the drug store, and yep, I have a UTI, the test strip turned dark purple! SO I called the doc again, took a test for her today, well see what the lab says this time! She says if this is neg then she will have to have me in for a check up, I did have Burch bladder surgery with my TAH/BSO hope it has no bearing on that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register