SAH Need help: How to ask my GP for more time off after hysterectomy! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help: How to ask my GP for more time off after hysterectomy! Need help: How to ask my GP for more time off after hysterectomy!

Unread 01-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Re: Need help: How to ask my GP for more time off!!!

I don't think anyone can speak to your specific situation other than you. I am relatively young, fit and healthy and I really struggled. 6 weeks is a ballpark as most people recover by that time but it in no way means that you should be fine. I used to work food service as well and unless you have done it, you cannot comprehend the extent of the manual labour. I would see how you feel and perhaps do a couple trial days. If you have a good relationship with your employer you can discuss some of your concerns.

Hope you feel better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Re: Need help: How to ask my GP for more time off!!!

It sounds to me like you just don't want to work over Super Bowl weekend or Valentine's Day. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it comes across. You would be out for eight weeks returning on the 25th. You kept your cervix if you had an SAH, so you don't need to worry about extra healing time for the vaginal cuff. If you were to extend your leave to ten weeks, that seems a little excessive for an SAH. If you had a TAH and BSO, that would be a different story.

I had a TLH/BSO on December 10th, plus extensive lysis of Endometriosis Adhesions. I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day and have to push, pull, bend frequently, and lift up to 50 pounds to return to work. I'll only be off for six weeks.

I imagine a GP would want you to go to the doctor who did your surgery for medical leave issues. If your GP had nothing to do with your hysterectomy, they might be hesitant to get involved with things. I suggest talking to your surgeon again.

Unread 01-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Re: Need help: How to ask my GP for more time off after hysterectomy!

Yes you are right. I don't want to work for Superbowl or Valentines day.I love where I work. Really fun place. But yous ee I do not work at a regular bakery like Walmart,Kroger, or Target. Where I work it is very authentic. No perservatives..home made bread, cakes, etc. Alot goes into it. Thanks Beebomb for understanding.

Thanks everyone for the replies.I know what I need to do. . Please take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2016, 10:15 PM

Misschief...

Good luck with your recovery .
Unread 01-12-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellar35 View Post
Misschief...

Good luck with your recovery .

Good luck with your recovery as well! I can definitely understand not wanting to work Valentine's Day or for the Super Bowl. I work in retail at a big box store and things get crazy busy for holidays and big games. Hopefully they will let you start back part-time and work your way up to your regular hours. Good luck!

Unread 01-13-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellar35 View Post
Yes you are right. I don't want to work for Superbowl or Valentines day.I love where I work. Really fun place. But yous ee I do not work at a regular bakery like Walmart,Kroger, or Target. Where I work it is very authentic. No perservatives..home made bread, cakes, etc. Alot goes into it. Thanks Beebomb for understanding.

Thanks everyone for the replies.I know what I need to do. . Please take care.
I totally get it. My recovery was not normal and I would be very hesitant coming in to a busy place and being worried that I would over do it, which I think you were trying to say. Only you know what is best for you. Hope all goes well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register