Still spotting 3 1/2 months after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still spotting 3 1/2 months after hysterectomy Still spotting 3 1/2 months after hysterectomy

Unread 09-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Still spotting 3 1/2 months after hysterectomy

Hi. I had my full laparoscopic hysterectomy on May 31. I have been spotting since about 2 weeks after the surgery. Went to Dr. 2 weeks ago and she said she didn't see any problems. Just don't have sex until it's gone. Well I'm still spotting. Any one else have this problem this far out?
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokirgo View Post
Hi. I had my full laparoscopic hysterectomy on May 31. I have been spotting since about 2 weeks after the surgery. Went to Dr. 2 weeks ago and she said she didn't see any problems. Just don't have sex until it's gone. Well I'm still spotting. Any one else have this problem this far out?
thanks!
Hi, I'd suggest another exam is in order. Its possible that you haven't fully healed or if sutures are disolving that spotting may occur. Are you on HRT? Also, if you happen to have a medical condition it may slow the healing process. If your Dr doesnt see anything theres also further tests such as an ultrasound or a CT.
Unread 09-18-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
thanks!
I’m not as far out as you (5 weeks) but still having lots of spotting. I had nothing for 2 weeks then suddenly it started. At my 4- week post op apt Dr said everything looked fine. Also still getting vulva pain & a discomfort in abdominal area. I have been very compliant & not done anything strenuous so am frustrated. I can’t imagine how frustrated & anxious you must be. So sorry it has taken so long for you. It’s a comfort to know that others are here to support us.
Unread 09-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Re: Still spotting 3 1/2 months after hysterectomy

Thanks. I will call Dr. this week to set up another appointment.
Unread 09-18-2018, 05:09 PM

Duzerbeth - Good luck. I was spotting still at 10 weeks. Long process. I called the dr's nurse all the time to make sure my symptoms were "normal". Thanks!
Unread 09-18-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
thanks!
Hi there! I had my hysterectomy on may 21st. At around 8 weeks the doc said I was healing appropriately. I started bleeding 2 weeks ago, went back to the dr and I had granulation tissue. Now the past 3 days I've been spotting again and have to go back this week to be checked. This is the longest recovery ever and super frustrating. Hang in there, oh and btw, still haven't had sex with my husband.
Unread 09-19-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Duzerbeth - Good luck. I was spotting still at 10 weeks. Long process. I called the dr's nurse all the time to make sure my symptoms were "normal". Thanks!
Thanks Gokirgo. Just wish Doctors would prepare their patients with these possibilities before surgery so we’d know what our recoveries might entail.
Unread 09-21-2018, 10:28 PM

Hi, I had my hysterectomy on 6/28/18 and I still have a little pain when I pee, pain on my right leg and pain on my vagina. I asked my gynecologist if it w
as because of the surgery and she told me no. She prescribed me medicine
for the burning in my vagina and thank God it went away. I think I will go back and let her know that I am not feeling 100% better, it's almost 3 months. God bless you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register