Who or What is your pet named after?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who or What is your pet named after?? Who or What is your pet named after??

Unread 05-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Jasper, Maggie & Gus

My first ever black cat was named after a boy I went to school with, Jasper, he was the first person of color I had ever saw, and I was fascinated with him! Of course, I was Cherokee, so we had a lot in common, being the only 2 people in 3rd grade that didn't have light colored skin, so when I saw my kitty, he was solid black, and in memory of my dear friend Jasper who died about a month after our high school graduation, I named my cat "Jasper", my Dh added his middle name "michael" after his oldest son's middle name, so we have Jasper Michael.

I got Gus from a downstairs neighbors cat, whom Jasper was "in love" with, he fathered several of her kittens, so I agreed to take on too, he's not Jasper's son, but his mother was Jasper's love. He is named after Augustus McCrall, in the book, Lonesome Dove.

Then tagging along, comes Maggie, who is Gus' sister, since I was still reading the Lonesome Dove series, Maggie was named after another Character in the book. Her middle name is Mae. It sounded cute, and I'm not sure where I heard it before, but I liked it!

This is a good thread, I enjoy seeing how people came up with their pet's names.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2004, 12:58 AM
Who or What is your pet named after??

We have 2 tortie cats Our 11 yr old is Kelsey, after Kelsey Grammar and our 5 yr old is named Buffy, after the little girl on the old TV show "Family Affair" I don't know why, just liked the names.

This is a very interesting thread.

Thanks, Lois
Unread 05-30-2004, 01:37 AM
Smile - Who or What is your pet named after?? Who or What is your pet named after??

My first kitten was named P I S S S S. Yes that is a bad word but at 5 years old I thought it sounded like what you said when you were trying to get a cat or someone's attention. You know.... pssst, pssst.

The love of my life is JD, both the Shetland Sheepdog that I had for 17 years and my husband who I married 3 years after my first JD passed away. That is a long time for a Sheltie to live but it was not long enough in my book. I still get VERY emotional when I think of him.

Our torti cat now is Fido. She is a pistol who totally loves our family. She treats my son like she is his little sister. She wants to always know what he is doing but the minute he picks her up, she fights to be left alone. Now mind you she also puts him to bed every night without fail and protects him fearlessly. Not that a 12 yr old who is 5' 7" and 148 lbs. needs anybody fighting his battles!

Once upon a time I also had 2 cats maned Romeo and Julius Teaser. And then there was the Black Moor goldfish named Othello. And Charlie - the kitten we rescued literally from a garbage dumpster. Get it - Charlie from the Can?!

I tried to talk my Mom into naming her new rottweiler Kitty Kitty. Can you imagine? "Here Kitty Kitty."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2004, 06:52 AM

Hi we have a very elegant cat named LK. The reason that he's LK is because we named him after my DD Laura Kathleen before we learned that he was a boy! We figured that initials would do very nicely.
Unread 05-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Talking - Who or What is your pet named after?? Milo and Mercedes

I have 2 ragdoll cats. Milo is 9 months old and WILD! I named him after the movie "Milo and Otis" about the dog and cat. Mercedes is 2 years old and we got her from someone who had already named her. I can only guess they had a love for the Mercedes cars or named her after that actress Mercedes Ruehl sp? Anyway I love to hear how people come up with names for their pets! Take care everyone!

Barbara
Unread 05-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Pet names

I often wonder where pet owners get the names for their pets also and many are so cute. I have a yellow Labrador Retriever. When I first saw her at three months she was mostly white with a yellow trace down her back. At the time I didn't know many things on Labs so I started reading books on them. I named my cuddly puppy after Lady Lorna Howe who started the Banchory Kennels in England. So my little cream colored lab became Lady Banchory Howe (we call her Lady). ~Cyn
Unread 05-31-2004, 11:15 AM

Hi Pixie, I have purebred lab and a lab mix. My husband wanted to name the mix after an artist. She goes by Sophie but she is named after some Italian female artist (sp) Sofanisba Angisila. My yellow lab is named Ralph. I'd never had male pets and he seemed like such a "boy" so we wanted an unmistakably male name.
Unread 05-31-2004, 12:53 PM

Don't you just love labs, they are so smart and lovable! I often wondered if Lady should have a playmate to keep her company but I never did anything about it. Do your two dogs keep each other company or do they fight? I often wondered about that. ~Cyn
Unread 05-31-2004, 01:23 PM

I got my cat 9 years ago when I was going through the very lengthy application process for the Ontario Provincial Police (kind of like State Troopers in the U.S>). I am also a handgun target shooter. The sidearm that the OPP carry, that I really like but is far too expensive for me to afford on my own (well, who knows, maybe someday!!), is the Sig Sauer, model P229 in .40 S&W. So I named my cat that - that way if I didn't get hired (which I didn't), I could always say that I had a Sig!! That's what we call her - Sig, but her full name of course is Sig Sauer P229 in .40 S&W!!!
My dog is a Vizsla - a Hungarian Pointer, who we plan to hunt with - so her name is Hunter. It fits her very well, because she will hunt anything that moves!! This morning we had several baby birds and a baby rabbit running around our back yard - I only let her watch from inside the house. I figure she at least has to hunt something that has a chance!!

Shelley
Unread 05-31-2004, 03:40 PM

I have a Rat Terrier named Dixie. My Dh wanted to name our Dd Dixie Lee but I would have none of it!!! 7 years later he has his Dixie! Then Dixie had a litter, 3 survived and the poor baby had to have a hyster! (Dixie's hyster was 3 weeks before mine and, I swear, niether were planned)!! LOL Anyway, we decided to keep the only female in the litter because she was humongous!!!!! She wimpered and slobbered and was very vocal. Her name is Piggy! hehe The name sure fits. She is almost a year old and still makes all those weird noises with her mouth!!! She smacks her lips, burps, clicks her tounge, whines, and cries!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register