Who or What is your pet named after?? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who or What is your pet named after?? Who or What is your pet named after??

Unread 06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Who or What is your pet named after??

My DH had a German Shephard before we were married and his name was Blitzen after one of the reindeer. Blitzen died of cancer a month before we got engaged and has always been a part of our lives. We have had Heidi who is another GS and named her after the girl Heidi in the book Heidi. Heidi was such a loving dog, never leaving the kids sides and always mothering them; she passed away 3 years ago right next to our bed. 10 years ago I baught my DH a Samoyed for our anniversary and named her Brandi because my dad loved brandy and Samoyeds too. We bred Brandi when I was pregnant with my son and I had the pleasure of delivering pups while I was 6 mos. pregnant. We kept one pup and named her Vixen after one of the reindeer. Vixen and our DD who is 21 are totally inseparable, have been from the minute she was born. The first year DD went away to college Vixen cried until she came home for the weekend. When I take her up to see my DD at school Vixen is all over her and won't leave her side. The kids on campus get such a kick out of their unofficial Christmas "reindeer". We also have a cat named Moe Mittens because he has double paws, and 3 ferrets - Frank, Margaret, and Coffee. Frank and Margaret were named after my aunt and uncle (he passed away), and Coffee is named after my dad; all 3 are just like my aunt, uncle and dad. LOL

Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2004, 11:58 PM

Last summer I adopted 2 snorfleed male kittens (brothers) from the local humane society because I missed my 4 cats that I'd had to leave when I moved away after my 2002 divorce. My fiance (now DH) and I discussed many names, like Fred & Barney, Chip & Dale, etc... Finally I decided to just let him pick the names for the kittens. I should have known what would happen. Since his 2 favorite beverages are Jack Daniels whiskey and Budweiser beer we now have those 2 kittens names "Jack" and "Bud"! Everyone thinks it's funny. We even have Jack Daniels and Budweiser fold-up chairs and I put each kitten in their appropriate chair and took pictures. Our friends really liked that! And even better, when I wrote letters in our Xmas cards last year I shocked everyone by starting out the letter with "We've adopted twins....", that sure caught everyone's attention and they all had a good laugh when they read on and found out that it was twin KITTENS we'd adopted.
Unread 06-04-2004, 12:37 AM

Just got Bandit (12 week old cairn terrier like Toto in Wizard of Oz) DH & I had picked out Cesar but DDs said he "stole" our hearts but just found out also name of dog in Johnny Quest cartoon

Previous dogs (Westie named Sara - DD liked name)

Smokey (just liked name and Domino fox terrrier stolen shortly after we brought him home)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2004, 11:25 PM

My dalmation is named OREO after my favorite cookie.. also because of her colors of course.. It just fit her so perfectly. I also have a little chihuahua and her name is LOLA.. I dont really know why we decided on that, but it fit also. My mom calls her Lola Brigida so we all call her that some times.. My dauter cant say lola so she says roda.. and so we now call her Rhoda sometimes.. She will come to lola, lola brigida, or rhoda... LOL she is a smart little cookie.. just like Oreo.. LOL
Unread 06-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Carmen and Meadow

My cats came from the shelter with their names. We decided that Carmen fit our black mini-pantheress because she is so sweet and seductive one minute and kicking the stuffing out of her boogie mat the next. She's also very graceful and dances about when she's playing. I call her Miss Carmina when she's being particularly lovely-dovey.

Meadow got her name because of her coat - she's tortie and her back is dark with reddish dots, looks sorta like a ab-ex flower garden from a distance.
Unread 06-05-2004, 05:45 PM

we got our first two cats about three years ago a female tortoiseshell, who came with cat flu, we thought she might die, so while I was nursing her, I thought she needed a fighters name to help her through, so we called her xena warrier princess kitten. We thought her prother a grey and white cat should have a similar hero name so we called him Perseus. As it turned out Perseus is a big wusscat so we mostly call him Percywuss.

The next cat was a very delicate elegant black cat who's father was a siamese. She reminded me of a little French school girl skipping off to school with her dark hair and school hat, so I called her Madeline, or maddy, because she is completely mad!!
Unread 06-05-2004, 07:00 PM

i have 2 red lories, exotic brids, named heckle and jeckle, after the 2 little cartoon hellions. and boy they sure are,but lovable.
i also have a rescued bichon named jaques, after my late father jack. amazing that the characterics are quite similar too. lol.
Unread 06-05-2004, 07:04 PM

Here it goes:

Yellow tom cat for youngest daughter: Tigger (he is now deceased) was named because she was two and liked to say T - I double GR - ER

Then the gray tabby, who's tail was mangeled and fell off in my hand at the vet's (where I worked---curse for the soft hearted) is named Stumpy.

Three cat's dropped off at vets as two week old kittens: yellow tabby long hair named Hyde (70's show), grey tabby-with tail-- named Fes (70's show) then the itty bitty white long hair with blue eyes that we thought wouldn't make it is Pitty Kitty. Pitty Kitty is now the fatest, dumbest cat I own but he sure is pretty. We think he would be a drag queen if he was human.

My weimer that adopted us (left her home a mile away and found us--owner of litter said we were ment to have her) Baby at 96 pounds more like baby heuy.

My female German shep. Colonel's Southern Bella Donna a gift from a client (at the vet) we call her Bella. She is the best family dog we have every had. But she is not a good citizen.

Her son that is 14 weeks old, Baron Buhel Van ****z. Okay we call him Baron and the rest is because he made the biggest poo even at the bigining.

They all live in my house along with my to DD's and husband. What a zoo. It's funny how much we all love our pet's -- extended family.

Anna
Unread 06-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Talking - Who or What is your pet named after?? Chai Tea Latte

My puppy's line is all named after food! Her father is Chips a Hoy. So when my friend and I each got a Pomeranian from our breeder, we decided to keep up with the food tradition and because our weekend adventures always started at Starbuck's, he named his black Pom Espresso Mocha Macchiato and my red Pom is called Chai Tea Latte.

If you go to my pictures, you'll see a shot of my little girl.

-Becky
Unread 06-06-2004, 10:05 AM

We have several cats, Silk named for Princes Kheldar from the Belgariad series, Freyja (our Abby breeding Queen) who had to have a Hyster due to a Polycystic womb, Shonie (who had the same condition as mum, so bang went that dream)
Brother & sister Siamese x's, pure white & trouble. The boy is Drizzit ( for a 'Forgotten Relms' Dark Elf) his sister is Felia, She is totaly deaf & we knew she would be trouble so my DH said 'Well if we call her Felia when she dose something wrong we can say ...
Oh Felia ... Groan. Here is something my DH wrote several years ago about the naming of cats (borrowing the theam from a well known poet)

The Naming of Your Cat.
Naming your cat is a most serious time
And choosing it wrongly considered a crime.
You may not consider this a serious matter,
But a badly named cat, can go mad as a hatter.
So please read these words before you start mocking,
And the 'Cat Name Police' come round and start knocking.

Imagine for a moment, that you're a big tom,
Who can't understand where his owner went wrong.
You go out for your nightly business and ramble,
When the cat from next door asks for your handle.
Do you shout out your name, with feeling and pride,
Or meekly squeak 'Tiddles' and then run and hide.

For a correctly named cat, can afford to walk tall,
Not cower in shame at the thought of its call.
Give its name thought, and consider your feelings,
For its you that calls them in, for the evenings.
So consider a moment as to whether you care.
When you're standing outside shouting 'Sonny' and 'Cher.'

Try something different when choosing a name.
For a cat who's called 'Snookie' will know whose to blame.
So dig out those books, from authors aplenty,
You'll find at least one, a dozen or twenty.
If after reading, you're still not too sure,
Maybe it's time for some more literature.

Try something Biblical, from Gideons or James,
Such as Samson, Delilah, Salomé or Kane.
Jacob or Lazarus, the list just goes on,
Like David, Goliath or King Solomon.
Testaments try both the old and the new,
Unless your cats Muslim or Orthodox Jew.

A good literary name, for your cats not a sin.
So try Fagin, Aphelia, or perhaps Gunga Din.
Viola or Shylock may suit their charm.
You could even try Xanadu or Kubla K'han
If Shakespeare or Dickens, wont suit them either
Try a different approach it may bring you nearer.

If your poetic puss meow seems to rhyme
Then Byron or Keats may suit this feline.
If classical music is something they've wished,
Then Mozart or Wagner or perhaps even Lizt.
Faust or Saint Saens may seem a little too hard,
Though they may suit your cat if it likes the macabre.

If a historical tyrant, reminds you of him
Then Napoleon, Nero, Ghengis or Ming
You may question those with despotic turns,
But surely only a cat, could watch while Rome burns.
But if chivalry seems close to their heart,
Then Gwain or Gwuinivere might do for a start.

If your cats demeana has a criminal flair,
You could use Moriarty, but you better beware!
For a cat who's names Raffles will be a great thief,
Call him McCavity and he'll defy all belief.
For cats with such names stealth becomes habit
and start stealing food, or dealing in cat-nip

So here's one word of warning, before you decide
On naming your feline Jekyll or Hyde.
A cat takes its name in spirit and word,
I know you may think this is really absurd,
But to a cat a name is an identity label,
To which it will form itself if it is able.

So if after searching through closets and books
No name that you choose quite suits his looks.
And if after all this, you still haven't a clue,
There is still one more thing that you could do.
You could leave it simple and matter of fact,
And just call him Felidae, For he is, just a cat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register