Who or What is your pet named after?? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who or What is your pet named after?? Who or What is your pet named after??

Unread 09-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Who or What is your pet named after??

My #1 I named after one of my great aunts that was very special to me. I was thinking about her so much when I bought her. So her name is Eleanor, but we call her Ellie. Her formal AKC name is "Sweet Little Eleanor Mae". My #2 is Hannah and her formal name with AKC is "Sweet Little Hannah Rose". We wanted for her to have a german name cause 's come from Germany and I like old fashion names and Hannah Rose sounds old fashion to me.

Rae
Mama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2004, 09:26 AM

I have two darling black indoor cats in addition to a colony of ferals that I care for. They are litter mates (boys) who were rescued from a shelter after being turned in by their owner for being"too destructive". They were safe housed for a little over a year when I found them and they were just about to seperate them to try to get them homes as they had given up on finding someone who would take two grown male cats.

They broke my heart as I couldn't imagine what was going on in their little minds being carted around to Petsmarts and being put on display each weekend. And the idea that now they might lose each other was more than I could bear. One of them cowered in the back of the crate and wouldn't let me touch him. The other was a little more social.

I took them home and named them Busterfer Jones and Mr. Mistopholese from the T.S. Elliott poems Practical Cats. The names truly fit. Buster is our "full figured" gentleman, very sweet and loves his meals! The other had his name shortened to Mr. Beez. There were two little twin girls who lived next door. They were 4 at the time and couldn't say Mr. Mistopholese...it came out Mr. Beez and the name stuck.

Both names (although by happy accident) match their name sakes in the poems perfectly and they have given me much joy, companionship and love over the last 10 years. I like to think that their prior experiences are almost forgotten and BTW, they have never been destructive in anyway.
Unread 09-20-2004, 11:02 AM

i have a black cat named renfield. when i brough him home from the shelter he was a little monster and still is. he would hang upside down like a bat so i named him after dracula's side kick. and i love to say "come to master renfield!"
jane321
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2004, 06:47 PM

Pepper, my tortie miniature Maine Coon, was named in a fit of inspiration while we were eating stuffed peppers for dinner. We'd been trying for days to come up with the right name for her, and nothing else fit. It's really right for her because she's sort of a hot tamale (read psycho-kitty!) who doesn't like to be thwarted. But she's also very loving and cuddly when she wants to be.

Shakti, the calico manx, apparently means "Cosmic Wind," and she was a little hellion as a kitten. She's older and slower now but still talks up a storm.

Delenn (tuxedo girl) was named after a character from Babylon 5. She doesn't quite live up to it, being "not the sharpest pencil in the box" and pretty low down in the pecking order. If I had to do it again, I'd probably name her Chiana (Farscape fans will know what I mean!) because of the way she moves.

Josie, also a tuxedo girl, was named for Josie Packard, from Twin Peaks. I don't really know why, she just reminded me of her. It's kind of funny, because when we found her, Josie was little and slinky, and now she's almost spherical.

I wanted to name our only tom Austin Prrrrrs, but DH wouldn't have it. SO we settled on Mr. Mojo, since he had to give up his "mojo" to be allowed to move into the house.

Leslie
Unread 09-20-2004, 07:48 PM

This is a great thread!

When I was little, I used to love the Yogi and Booboo bear show. One day my dad brought home a runt Doberman puppy. I named her Bobo (I didn't know how to spell Booboo). Funny name for a Doberman.

I had a yellow cat when I was little and he looked exactly like Morris the cat. I named him Morris, of course.

Lately, I have three Westies. They were all rescues, separately. The first one, Charley, he came from a family who gave him up. His name at that home was Harley. I am not a Harley person, so I renamed him Charley and kept the original "harley" in his name and added a C. He's really quite funny--a clown--and Charley suits him.

The second rescue we got was a stray. He was old when we got him. He's now about 13. He was very arthritis-stricken. But he had such a cute old face. I named him Bosley from Charley's Angels--the original tv series. Bosley suits him well.

Our little girl dog, Molly, got her name because she chose to come to it. I originally thought I'd call her Kelly from the Charlie's Angels theme, but she didn't like that name. He didn't come to any name except Molly, so we named her that. She's quite precocious. That's my little girl!
Unread 09-20-2004, 08:00 PM

My German Shephard is named Reggie after Reggie Jackson, from the New York Yankees baseball team. He is big and has a face just like Reggie the retired baseball player. My cat (DSH) was named Moe for her mittens, double paws. We also have 3 ferrets named Frank, Margaret, and Coffee. Frank and Margaret were named after my aunt and uncle and they each have the same personality as my aunt and uncle. Coffee was named after my dear dad who passed away when I was 12. Coffee also has the same personality as my dad did. I am going to take him to the cemetary to visit day and let him walk around a bit. I know it sounds weird but Coffee is the most gentlest ferret I have ever layed eyes on; he will cuddle up on whoever is holding him and lick you then fall asleep.

Not to change the subject but has anyone ever heard of a Ragamuffin cat? Someone just introduced me to the breed and I want to learn as much as I can about them before I invest in one. Hope you all can be of some help.

Hugs,
Toni
Unread 09-20-2004, 08:08 PM

Tiggar2ct, I think a Ragamuffin cat is one that is kinda boneless. Does that sound like the cat you're talking about? I don't know how healthy they are. Maybe you can find something on the internet?
Unread 09-20-2004, 11:16 PM

When I'm not thinking of my upcoming surgery - I love thinking about my pets! I have Dakota - a blue pt. himalayan - he 's our special kitty - he is now 12 years old - named Dakota since he was born in South Dakota. He's ultra special too since he was born on my birthday which also happens to be our Wedding anniversary - plus his mother per papers was born in Canada - (my hubby is Canadian) - what a special guy and still young as ever cat he is!

Then I have Dolly - she was a stray that was near death and found herself to our Garage - we nursed her back to health and she is so wonderful and special too! I really wanted to name her after the Dali Lama - since she was so calm and mellow - and everything about her was so calm - she has these amazing eyes that not only make you melt - but she's so smart too!!! But Dali - ended up becoming Dolly as in Dollywood and Hello Dolly and because everyone she meets just wants to hold her like a big dolly - (she's 55 lbs and is 3 yrs old)

Then we have Gus - a red daschund named after a favorite uncle of mine - but my hubby and I couldn't figure out if it fit him - he went went from Oscar (meyer weiner) to louie to gussie. He's a very large mini doxie but so full of personality. He was also abandoned and we came home from work and found him playing with Dolly - he had been abused and has come a long way from when he first came to us! We try not to give him a complex about his "big boy" self - but it's so hard when you see him next to some pretty small minis' but we totally love him as well as our other pets.

Thanks for the great thread and "diversion"

Hugs to all!
CJ
Unread 09-20-2004, 11:31 PM

Ragamuffin cat description is here: http://www.moggies.co.uk/breeds/ragamuffin_cat.html. I was sort of right--they go limp when held, hence the "boneless" comment I made earlier in this thread.
Unread 09-23-2004, 12:53 AM

I let my fiance (now DH) name the two kittens we adopted from the local humane society summer of 2003. So what does he pick out for names - of course he names them after his 2 favorite "beverages" - JACK (for Jack Daniels whiskey) and BUD (for Budweiser beer)! Oh well, gotta love them (DH and the cats too). LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register