Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Unread 09-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Nobody believes me, but before even Book 5 came out I was thinking in the same direction as Rowling. I totally understand why what happened at the end of HBP had to be. Mainly, Harry's growing up and must begin learning how to be a bit more self-reliant. At times, I felt he wasn't given the chance to do that. btw, I squawled like a baby.

p.s.DH makes fun of me "acting like a 12-yr old". But he's not a reader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2005, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeequeen
Although I love Harry Potter in general, I have to say I hated book #5 too! I have been a devout fan of Rowling from the beginning but
I almost gave the series up over it. #5 could have had 300 pages cut out and still been an angry, angst ridden, dreary, repetitive story. At least six was a better story -even if it was a honkerblonker at the end.
I hope she pulls #7 out and redeems the promise of the first 4.
I think of stories (as Gibran wrote of children)being "arrows you shoot in the air -they come down you know not where"
Once an author shares a creation with his or her readers a trust is made that should not be broken. Just my
Honkerblonker? Is that like tearjerker?

I didn't mind the anger of Book #5, or even the length, were there more inbetween the beginning and end.
Unread 09-06-2005, 08:01 PM

Marian Paroo

I wrote that it was <Oops! please don't try to bypass the website censor> the censor changed it to "honkerblonker" which I thought was pretty funny- I mean I can write "penis" but I can't write ******?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2005, 11:38 PM

bumblebeequeen -

Well, of course you can refer to a piece of anatomy - we deal with health issues here (Although not in this forum).
Unread 09-08-2005, 11:28 AM

Well dear Marian -of course I realize that anatomical words have a place here within the context of discussions about anatomy -My point was that the word I used was not a foul word at all- I am the mildest of persons in my speech and was not using a word that is profane at all. I just find the censorship odd at times. I do realize the need for it, it just gives me a chuckle now and then that some words are unacceptable and others are not. Your friend, BBQ
Unread 09-10-2005, 09:06 AM

BBQ --

For me, there are words that are far more offensive than body parts and functions...

I've seen some stuff here that has been offensive to me personally, but this is a place with open forums, and when offended, I just scroll down.

All this isn't making the wait for #7 any easier though!

And #6 is still with someone I lent it to, I must put a little pressure on the chap! I want to reread it, now that I have some additional insites.
Unread 09-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince

I have read it and still haven't figured out what is going to happen in the 7th book. I had an idea what was going to happen, if you know what I mean. What part do I need to reread?

Is there any place we can discuss this book with the ones who have read it. I don't want to give anything away to the ones who haven't read it. It is hard to discuss certain aspects of this w/o giving something away.

I was very surprised at who was the Half-Blood Prince. My kids think I am crazy when the book comes out. They like the movies but can't get into the books. But then they don't read like I do.

Can't wait for the 7th book. I seen an interview that JKR did and she actually showed the envelope that had the entire 7th book. So it is done, it is up to the publisher's of when they want to publish it. They will probably wait to build up the suspense.
Unread 09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Smile - Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Hi!

When JK Rowling was on 'blue peter' a bbc kids programme, she told the viewers that the book (#5 )was called 'the order of the phoenix' which was quite funny, cos she hadn't got around telling the publishers yet......it was well documented in the papers. I am waiting patiently for #7. I work in a bookstore, and will be one of the first to receive delivery of the book prior to publication.
Unread 09-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Contains Spoilers, Maybe

Wolf Lover,

I do like your name a lot. I think that wolves are a greatly maligned animal (although like all animals, including the likes of us, they can be dangerous).

I would be willing to discuss HP anytime anywhere, and will be better equipped to do so, as soon as I get my copy of #6 back, I lent it to the son of a friend.

No reason why we can't discuss it here, as we have been doing, if we carefully mark the SPOILERS!

I was surprised and the identity of the 1/2 blood prince, and agree with you 200% that the last book is all ready and written (have said so a number of times, here, too, I think). Rowling wrote it early on (I'm betting) and worked up to it - she doesn't want anyone else finishing the series in case (perish the thought!) something happens to her.

fran --

I was delighted to read that Rowling revealed the title of #5 on Blue Peter - that's showing respect for her audience!

Everybody --

Interesting link, CONTAINS SPOILERS!

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...ostemailedlink
Unread 09-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Wolflover! I also love your name! I too love the wolf and find it to be less dangerous than a "domestic" dog. I think I also saw that interview with J.K. where she showed the last book in an envelope. Was she sitting on the floor of a room with a floor covered in what I assume to be notes of her book? I know in the one I saw she mentioned that she had even about the dementors and given them names etc.

Hope you enjoy #6. I found it to be kind of boring., and not at all like the first 5.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register