ER show -- I realize it is only TV but | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ER show -- I realize it is only TV but ER show -- I realize it is only TV but

Unread 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM
I realize it is only TV but

On an episode of ER (which I love) Abby had a baby, things went wrong and she had to have a TAH. 2 weeks later she is in the park with her baby tummy flat as a board. Tonight after 6 weeks she is running around in jeans I may add.

I know this is TV but seriously as they say on my favorite show let's show some reality on a medical TV show that has been on the air forever. Recovery from a Hysterectomy can be years and emotional only God knows let's give it the respect it deserves. I am sorry if this sounds dumb but it means something to me. I have been treated terrible by my Gyn gotten no answers. It is my Gastro Dr that has done all my tests I am having a MRI tomorrow

Janet TAH BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 10:56 PM
ER show -- I realize it is only TV but

Real life really doesn't compare much to Marcus Welby MD does it? Always on Marcus Welby one was diagnosed, and everything corrected within the hour. I realized just how far from reality that was when I was diagnosed and then had to wait for three months before the surgery. Not like Marcus Welby at all.
Unread 10-19-2006, 10:58 PM

Yeah, I want to just smack her skinny butt right out of the park! I would like to see her struggling to find clothes to fit. You remember maternity was too big, but you were no where near to fitting into normal clothes again. Yep some reality would have been appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 11:16 PM

Oh, Chris, you made me sigh. I remember having a huge crush on Dr. Kiley... I suspect many who visit this site don't even know who we are talking about. Sure, the shows werent' realistic but wasn't tv (and the world) so much kinder than? Best wishes ~
Unread 10-20-2006, 04:34 AM

Dear Janet 59,
I am so sorry, I can relate!
The things that helped me:...and I had lots of complications, lost lots of weight, and that still didnt stop that distended belly thing...here is what did.
REST when you start to swell, cause your pushing it,

Drink water, and I had someone tell me organic apple juice (unfiltered)
Take, (found in wallgreens or cvs, PRUNALAX (a more natural enzyme for getting rid of our stuff)

Abdominal binder...also..stops people from hugging you or running into you ....it's like a sheild...I found one with magnets from co..homedco out of MI.
I can not bend over, or my swelly belly on my skinny body is worse every eve.
Cold.... Comfortable cold packs, on the peri-anal, and the abdominal area....but if it hurts, it's NOT helping...I found Centurion healthcare out of canada CP24's to be helpful (they dont last the longest, but they are gentle). Actually, they are big enough, I usem wherever....even for a hot flash!!! Do not ever try to activate them when they are out of their plastic though....I did, and created a mess...that the best help couldnt clean...so once again,I did! Which, you can imagine...lead thyne body back 2 steps...
Unread 10-20-2006, 08:57 PM

lynnmm
I hate to ask but what kind of stuff does PRUNALAX (a more natural enzyme for getting rid of our stuff) what does it get rid of?

and also you mentioned " I had someone tell me organic apple juice (unfiltered)" What does the organice apple juice do

Thanks. I want to get rid of my swelly belly and lose weight in a safe way.
Unread 10-20-2006, 09:24 PM

Janet -

I am sorry you're having such a hard time.

I am 7 weeks today, wore my stretch jeans to work and if you saw me would have no clue that 4 weeks ago I was still doing a shuffle walk and thinking I wouldn't be feeling anywhere near myself for months.

I know others are having more problems than I have but my belly swelling is very minor and other than minimal soreness and moderate fatigue, I do feel rather well.

I understand your point but wonder if one could argue she is the 'role model' of a hyster survivor that casts away the preceptions that hysts ruin lives or at least set us back for years and leave us disfigured.

Hope your feeling better,

Julie
Unread 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM

I love ER and I was thinking the same thing, its a show and she was not really prego and did not really go thru the same stuff.

Did you see her right after her hyster, talking.... I was not like that I was not having a concversation I was begging for ice and drugs!!!!
ok Im trying to be funny here!
Unread 10-21-2006, 12:38 AM

When Abby from ER had her baby, c-section, and a hysterectomy at the same time I would have thought the show would keep her home for a while.

I also noticed that she was up and going soon. I was up and going soon also, but did not have a newborn at the same time.

As long as we are on the subject, did you notice that the premie baby did not stay in the the NIC ward for long. Most premies stay in the hospital until their due date if not longer.
Unread 10-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Prunalax, to have prunes without eating them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliee
lynnmm
I hate to ask but what kind of stuff does PRUNALAX (a more natural enzyme for getting rid of our stuff) what does it get rid of?

and also you mentioned " I had someone tell me organic apple juice (unfiltered)" What does the organice apple juice do

Thanks. I want to get rid of my swelly belly and lose weight in a safe way.
Dear Joliee,
The prunalax, is a natural prune supplement...does seem to help the whole bowel regularity thing...without things that can be so harsh sometimes.
The unfiltered apple juice is somehow related to the fiber and the vitamins found in apples. (I can NOT eat an apple a day, but CAN....drink one)!
Even though I'm trying hard, my body seems to be a rebel.
Had six week post op today...cried this eve, that vertical thing?...wish I could take my own advice!!~!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register