what to get darling loving hubby? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what to get darling loving hubby? what to get darling loving hubby?

Unread 12-13-2005, 01:24 PM
what to get darling loving hubby?

HELP!!!! I accidentally found out what I am geting for christmas from my loving hubby. Not only is it something that I have wanted for about 10 years, but it is expensive! He told me last night that he has been taking his lunch to work everyday on purpose. That is how he saved so much money that he could afford to buy me this really nice gift!
I love him so much I could cry. I have all kinds of ideas, but they don't seem good enough now. I know that the one thing that he would love I cannot get him and that would be his little bro comming home from korea for christmas.
He is into gaming, but he has a game that he loves. He plays it all the time now. He got guild wars for his b-day and he plays that online with his little bro. So I know that any game I got him would sit unused.
He loves nascar but we don't have the extra room in our new house for his nascar things to be out on display like they were before. He is also loosing weight and needs jeans. But I don't want to do that until a last resort. I hate buying him clothes as gifts.
I know that I don't have a lot of money to spend on his gift, but I cannot think of anything to make him either. Please ladies help me figure this out. I want to show him how much he is loved and how much I appriciate him going to work all day every day. I sit here waiting for my older dd to get out of school, I feel like us not having enough money is my fault once again for not having a full time good paying job. Long story on that one though.
I cannot tell you ladies how much he means to me. After I sit here and read how uncaring and unloved some dh's make other ladies feel, I realized how lucky I am to have him. He is always by my side no matter what hell I am currently going through. He has seen it all beacuse of me. The tears, blood and pain. He deserves the absolute best. Thanks again. Love Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Hi:

I think it is sweet that you want to do something to show your husband how special he is. Please don't let him know that you accidentally found out what he is going to get you; it would ruin his anticipation of your surprise.

I know that if I wanted my DH to feel like the most special person in the world, I would I would make a romantic dinner....whatever his favorite dish is...I would make an appetizer, fav dish, and them some kind of decadent dessert.

Prior to the dinner, I would reserve a night or two nights at a local bed and breakfast. Then after the dinner, I would surprise him with the reservations. This is what we did for our anniversary and really enjoyed it.

I would include a card or some kind of special written letter telling him how special he is to you and how much you appreciate and honor him.

This doesn't cost alot of money and yet it conveys to him how special he is to you and how much you appreciate and love him.

Good luck!
Mustang30
Unread 12-13-2005, 04:25 PM

I was checking our e mail and noticed that he had been to kitchen aide.com and that is what I want a mixer that isn't going to break in a month. I bet that is what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 04:51 PM

If yours is at all like mine: good food, your TIME, a letter saying what you have said here (DH had some old ones out this morning)... and some alone time. Throw in a good back rub with some warm massage oil and some scented candles.... Merry Christmas. He has a treasure already & seems to know it--YOU!
Unread 12-13-2005, 05:27 PM

I made my dh a coupon book and he loves it. I put in a coupon for one full body massage, one breakfast in bed, one free day to do whatever he wanted with no guilt, a bunch of naughty coupons that would be if I wrote them down here. You get the idea, I am sure. Buy some sexy lingerie and give him his coupon book, I am willing to bet he uses one of his coupons right away!!!
Unread 12-13-2005, 05:53 PM

I LOVE this idea! I can't afford the kind of toys DH likes, much less figure out where to buy them. This is so much better than just sticking a bow on my head! (I can't keep a secret, so everything I've ordered online I gave him already!)
Unread 12-14-2005, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the idea ladies. But it won't work here. Number 1 dh doesn't like lacy things. Number 2 the way our house is designed we have absolutely NO privacy. I live in a small 2 bedroom that they made into three. Open floor plan no doors! That kind of thing. The two little ones wouldn't let anything that sounds so good actually happen. AAAAH the joys of being a parent of two very nosey little ones. Love all. Dawn
Unread 12-14-2005, 12:45 PM

Oh the joys of little people! At least with cats and dogs they don't go blabbing to the pastor about what they saw! (Wrestling of course...or tickling!)
Now I see your dilemma. First coffee, then thinking cap for me. What other kind of things does he like? Coffee addiction or anything like that? (Every guy I know says they really do like things they can either eat or play with.)
Unread 12-14-2005, 01:06 PM

Darling hubby of almost 8 years loves video games, being with his dd's hunting/fishing working on his blanking subaru XT6 that is full time four wheel drive. And he loves nascar. I cannot get him any more nascar as we don't have the proper room to display it. As for the subaru I don't have the money for parts that he needs. ( little bro bought the engine for his bday in sept.) The games part of it he is expecting I get him a game every year. Just don't want to this year. The lingirie was a good idea. For a normal man. DH would rather I not wear anything!
What we both want we cannot have yet. That is a bigger house. Long story on that one. Thanks for the help ladies. Love all Dawn
Unread 12-14-2005, 01:39 PM

Haven't finished my coffee. A bow on your head??? hehe Artistically placed ribbon?

Actually I'm in a similar situation...the "toys" DH wants are either REALLY over my budget or I am so clueless as to what they actually are I'd probably order the wrong thing anyway. (Some kind of telescope lens thingy.) But he's such a sweetheart he SHOULD get something wonderful. Lucky for me all the wee ones are out of the house... so that helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register