Gifts for 3 year old with Down Syndrome. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gifts for 3 year old with Down Syndrome. Gifts for 3 year old with Down Syndrome.

Unread 12-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Question - Gifts for 3 year old with Down Syndrome. Gifts for 3 year old with Down Syndrome.

Hi everyone.

I need help with purchasing Christmas gifts for a 3 year old boy with Down Syndrome.
I know he likes things that make a lot of noise, but I'm not sure that his mother would enjoy that non-stop.
Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Gifts for 3 year old with Down Syndrome.

The only way I can respond is to mention some of the toys that my three year old likes. Even if this child does have Down's, I really do think that he would enjoy some of the toys I mention below.

Maybe instead of things that make noise, what about things that make light up and make bright and cheerful colors? Not only is it quiet but it will keep his interest. I know that there are books that out there that illustrate Christmas or that sing songs that light up and play music. There are also toys out there that make noise but not too much that light up when they are played with...balls, dolls, etc.

How does his mom feel about TV watching? I know that "Veggie Tales" has some really great songs that my DD likes to sing along with (she is also 3). There is one in particular called "Veggie Tales: The Ultimate Silly Song Collection." The songs are really goofy, but harmless. My DD and her friends like to sing and dance around.

Just my . I hope that this helps.
Mustang30
Unread 12-13-2005, 05:34 PM

I bet he would love the Elmo dolls that sing and dance. They are very cute and lots of fun for little ones.
As for the mother, I hate to say this, but....Oh well!! Kids get gifts that drive us crazy, that is one of the "perks" we get as parents. It is about the happiness we see in our childs eyes, plus we usually learn to tune it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 06:39 AM

Could you get him a learning game. I got my three year old dd last year the interact tv system. It has cards that set on the controler and then it hooks to the tv. It is a video game for little ones. It has all kinds of noises and tv characters. Like elmo and sponge bob.
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:28 AM

I taught a small child with downs a couple of years ago, she was alittel older but liked to do things which involved an adult interacting eg make believe tea set, shop, Porbably not that different to most three year olds in that respect.
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:45 AM

Thank you!

You have all given me some great suggestions. Now, let the shopping begin!

(I think I'll have a lot of fun looking and trying out the toys! hehehe)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register