What odd or quirky names do your pets have? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky names do your pets have? What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Unread 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

I have had some new additions to the family since I last posted to this thread... so here goes a list of my clan

We have Sporty, the Rat Terrier... he's named after my motorcycle

We have Ringer, who I rescued from the pound, he's an American Bulldog mix who is mostly white, with some tan on his ears and a splotch on his back... then he has this horseshoe shaped "ringer" around the base of his tail, hence is name LOL

We also have Moose, he's also a rescue pup, he's a Dalmation/Black Lab mix... he's got one blue eye and he has HUGE feet so we figured he would grow to be pretty large so that's how he got his name

Our cat (who doesn't like other cats) is named Twix, she's a rescue kitty... she came with her name but it fits her quite well. She is very fluffy white with smokey greyish brown on her feet, tail, ears and face and she's so cuddly you could just eat her up LOL I also call her Miss Priss because she thinks she owns the house... she also thinks she's a dog, she plays fetch with her mice.

Our Amazon Parrot is named Nancy, she came with her name too... she's awnry as can be. She doesn't like women too much, so my dh handles her... she loves him to death. However, she only plays with me when it comes to noises, whistles and clicks... go figure

Beaker, our Goffin's Cockatoo, is my parrot. I've had him since he was a baby and he was hand raised by me... so he's a mama's boy LOL and he hates my dh hehehe so the birds have divided the house

and finally, my youngest son's Beta Fish... he's blue... so naturally he named him Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 12:28 PM

My daughter, the hockey player named her new pup Zamboni, or Zammie for short
A friend named her pup Zambelli, like the fireworks- also Zammie for short
Unread 07-08-2008, 12:39 PM

We have two cats(brothers) we adopted , their names are "puddy" and "tat". We love our looney tunes!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM

We have two dogs; Frosty the Toy American Eskimo Dog and Molly, a 10 week old chocolate Lab. I'll admit the names aren't quirky but the dogs are. Frosty is a rescue pup. He's 2 now and deaf as a door knob. Molly is driving him nuts and almost his size. She weighed in at 16 pounds today.

The cats are RubyLu, Onyx and Lucy. RubyLu is actually named after a great-aunt and my mother. She was the first cat in the house and now the queen. Onyx came along when I also had a cat named Opal. I was doing the gemstone theme. After Opal passed, we acquired Lucy. Come to find our Lucy is short for Lucifer. She is definately the cat from Hell. She bites, spits and screams all the time. We still love them all.

The poor fish never got names, except for our miniture Australian Lobster. his name is Nick. ?
Unread 07-09-2008, 03:53 AM

I have three cats that are our "children" and honestly don't know that they are cats. Nosie Rosie (we call her Rosie) is the oldest. She is a calico that has a lot of red in her "color mix" that we adopted from a local shelter 7 years ago. Our second is Princess Jasmine(we call her Jazz or Budda Butt because she is soooo fat). She is a tortishell calico from a local shelter and is about 4 years old. She started her life in a cardboard box but she thinks that she is the quenn. My husband just surprised me with an adorable Siamese that we have named Zoe. She is still very young so we haven't really gotten a special name for her yet.
Unread 07-09-2008, 11:32 PM

Had a great cat....named "Elvis" name fit his personality.
Just last year, I lost my 21 yr old cat....her name was "Puppy" because the first night that I had her she schredded newspaper all over the room, chewed...yes chewed on several shoes and destroyed my living room. I said "I might as well have gotten a puppy...and it stuck." Best pet/friend I ever had - has been 9 months since the loss...and I still mourn.

Brand new cat...rescue...his original name was "Frito" - within 2 days of being in the house...he had a new name....."RAZOR" guess why????

TANK
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:02 AM

I have 4 dogs. Cheyenne is an eight yr. old black long haired dauschound, she is my favorite. Don't tell the others! Then there is Charlie, a smooth chocolate dauschound, he's almost 6. Claire is a 2 1/2 yr. old chocolate lab. I adopted her from a rescue group. Then there is Red. He just showed up here about 4 years ago. He is a mid sized dog and soooo loveable. He can be a bit of a pest at times wanting attention.
I also have 3 mules, Marcell, Sioux and Pete and one horse, a mare Angel.
She has a month old colt by her side. It's killing me not being able to do anything with him other than rub on him.
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:43 AM

I have 2 dogs, Nacho (named because when he came home he carried a bag across the kitchen floor) he is a black short haired dauchsaund, (he is also my favorite), and then I have Dewey (my son named him for a cop who played in I know what you did last summer, cause he's a cop) who is a GOlden Retreiver/Sheppard mix.
Unread 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Liza Minelli - a black kitten I have raised since finding her stuck in a parking lot crack. Her singing isn't as nice as you'd think.

Bob - The first kitten that my husband and I raised together. I always get giggles when asked his name.

Bugger - My husband is Australian and "bugger" he says, is a common curse word. He told me one day that he dreamed I brought home a dog named Bugger. Instead I came home with huge breed cat (Maine Coon) whose little leg was broken out away from the hip and can't be repaired. He's been called Bugger ever since. BTW he 3 legs his 20lb body around like a champ!

Chewy - Showed up on our patio one day with ice frozen to his coat. Came in for a meal and hasn't left since.
Unread 09-20-2008, 12:42 PM

We have a pony named Egbert, which my 6 year old daughter named when we adopted him. His original name was Shell, as in peanut shell, but my daughter said he looks like an Egbert, so that's his new name.
MZJMJ

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register