What odd or quirky names do your pets have? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky names do your pets have? What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Unread 09-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Re: What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Just 2 dogs here both are rescues "Harley" is also called "tank" or 'Bulldozer" and he answers to all 3 names lol and then we have a deaf min-pin who is called "Duece" but never seems to answer both are great dogs and thankfully have become a huge part of our family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2009, 11:14 PM

I have 2 boxer girls

my 16 month old is "roxy"...but she has a lot of other names
Mrs. Rococo, Roxy Rococo, Snickles, Baby girl, roxy boxy..we even made a stoopid song up about her LOL ( I will spare u)

my 6 month old is "phoenix" her other names are
Pheenie Beenie,luv bug, Clydesdale (you shuld see her paws!), PB, and we dont really call her this, but she always has this expression on her innocent face that simply says "chicken" hee hee...so we say "chick-en" a lot when she looks all doped out

They also answer as a group to the phrase "2 babies, 2 girls"..and they both come running...odd weirdo's, but they are my weirdo's =)
Unread 09-25-2009, 12:44 AM

My yellow lab is named Grace but we have never called her that. When she was a puppy, she had quite a few accidents on the carpet (as puppies do) and my husband started calling her "Poopie Loo.") It stuck and we have never called her anything but!

We get a lot of laughs from neighbors and friends, that's for sure.

None of our animals go by their formal names anymore:

Pug named Pongo is called "Bootie Man" or "Tito."
Cat named Missy is called "Fat Kitty."
Cat named Rosebud is called "Toasty."
Cat named Lillian is called "Pan-pan."

We used to have a cat named Lucky and we called him "Yuckus the Boo Boo." Animal lovers are just a strange bunch, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2009, 12:57 AM

A little less than a year ago we lost our 17 year old tuxedo cat I had named Spatz. Not many peopl got the reference to his white feet and thought I was calling the cat Spaz! But a few people got it and the vet always liked it. It was more original than Mittens, Boots, Socks, or Sneakers!
Unread 10-01-2009, 12:19 AM

I used to do foster care for cats and kittens. I gave them rather descriptive names but tried different languages and sometimes made up words.

First group: Lucky (mom - feral), Tawny (after his color, a longhair), Patch (shorthair white with a red patch on his back), Prrl (shorthair white, was "Pearl" but found out he was a boy - had a string of red spots near his neck), Diamond (a longhair dilute tortoiseshell who had a white diamond-shaped patch on her forehead) and Flame (a shorthair dilute tortoiseshell who had a flame-like marking on her forehead).

Second group: Carriecat (mom, all white longhair, just liked the name "Carrie" and added the natural ending), Blanche (French for "white," all white shorthair), Neige (French for "snow," white shorthair with a little gray on her forehead), and Leon (red tabby shorthair)

Orphaned kitten group: Clue (a brown tabby shorthair that cried for attention even when I was holding him - perfectly healthy but vocal and "needed to get a clue"), Bear (a brown tabby shorthair with very rounded ears even after two weeks of growth - looked like a bear's ears) and Kittle (mash-up of "Little Kitten" - a white mediumhair who was a little spitfire and escaped euthanasia twice because I was willing to keep working on her little attitude problem!)

Third group: (can't remember the mom-cat's name, I think I might have called her Mandy), Screamer (gray and black tabby longhair who was very vocal), Big Girl (black and brown tabby longhair who was originally "Big Boy" but then I discovered it was a girl), the twins (for the life of me, I couldn't tell these two brown tabbies apart), and Baby (the smallest kitten, a gray and black tabby/tuxedo who came out a day after the others and had almost no fur on his legs when he was born - but he fought like the dickens and won his own nursing station!)

The rescued fosters: I got two kittens whose foster family hid from the shelter when they returned the rest of the litter... big mistake! The shelter found out and took them AND the family cat because all of them were sick and hadn't been taken to a vet. I can't remember the family cat's name but she hated the kittens. The kittens were: Ebony (all black shorthair) and Gris (French for "gray," gray shorthair)

Finally, there was "Lucky (the second)" who was a mom cat (supposedly) who turned out to have a serious intestinal infection. Her bowels were so distended that the vet was sure she was pregnant. After I treated her with de-wormer and Tylan for the infection, her belly deflated! Lucky was just that, because unsnorfleed females were being euthanized due to overpopulation at the shelter - and since she had been placed in foster care (even for the wrong reason), she was saved. Lucky was a wonderfully affectionate brown tabby shorthair. She was my last ever foster.

The kittens I had when I first adopted were Russian Blue shorthair mixes, Francine (all gray, the name just came to me) and Abu (gray and white tuxedo, liked it when I picked him up and nuzzled him on the face saying "Ahh BOO!"). Unfortunately Francine got sick and I couldn't take care of her, and in a misguided attempt to keep them together I gave up Abu to the shelter as well. Francine went berzerk at the shelter and attacked her brother, then the handlers, so she was euthanized - but Abu got a great home.

After my run of foster care, I adopted two adult littermate brothers, Bert and Ernie. They were given those names by the family that had put them up for adoption. Apparently mom-cat was a breeding-quality Siamese who got out of the house and got boinked by more than one neighborhood tom... and produced a litter of mostly Siamese-looking mixes, except for two. The remaining two kittens were snorfleed and four-paw declawed (the latter I would never do) but didn't sell. Bert is a black and white tuxedo shorthair, and Ernie is a brown tabby. Both appear to be shorthairs but as they have gotten older their hair has grown longer and they are quite fluffy when you pet them. They have been my companion cats for nine years, and they are ten and a half years old.
Unread 10-07-2009, 01:36 PM
What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Two cats: Sprite - Maine coon and Checkers - black & white tuxedo American shorthair.
I bought 2 goldfish to entertain the cats. Named the fish Here and Fishy- fishy.
Unread 10-07-2009, 02:02 PM

We have a 12 year old basset/beagle/? mix named Hercules. He is a nice red color and when we took him for his first test walk at the Humane center he pulled me right off my feet and dragged me across the grass. ( I am not a small girl). We call hime Hercle for short we had a piano teacher that came to our house for years and he thought we were calling our dig purple.

ai have another mutt I found rooting through garbage at a public park named Edgar (allen poe). We have two fancy rats. tonks and Luna..they are prety fun.
Unread 10-07-2009, 02:38 PM

We have an almost 2 year old westie who's name is Lucky, but my son called him "puppers" one day and that is all we call him now- our sweet little puppers
Unread 10-09-2009, 08:53 PM

I forgot about my childhood pets!

My sister and I had several goldfish (which I don't recall naming), parakeets and gerbils.

The first two parakeets were Blueberry and Lemon. Guess which colors? Blueberry was a light blue with black stripes on his head, and Lemon was mostly pale yellow with white underneath and some green on her wingtips. Blueberry dropped dead one morning (between breakfast and when we were getting ready for school) so we got Lemon a new mate: Yellow, who was actually mostly green but had a yellow belly. Yellow died a few years later, leaving just Lemon. Of course, Lemon was the meanest parakeet alive - always bit the hand that fed her, and she was relegated to living over the gerbil cage.

Our first two gerbils were Darwin (named after my dad) and Inspector (who sniffed everything and was the most curious.) Darwin died in a tragic water bottle accident and we got a new gerbil that was almost entirely black except for a little white stripe down his chin - our sweetheart, Midnight. Inspector died and we got "Darwin II" (yes, I was daddy's little girl) who decided to bite me on the hand [and hang on] in front of all of my friends (he was probably freaked out with all of the kids there) and we renamed him "Bloodthirsty." Bloodthirsty died, leaving Midnight alone, and he lived out a happy and fat life until dying at the ripe old age of six!

We had a terrier mix, all blonde, named Sandy by the shelter. He never did pay much attention to his name.

The angry cat's name (that I couldn't remember, came with Ebony and Gris) was Sassy.
Unread 10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Talking - What odd or quirky names do your pets have? Re: What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Well most people probably would not call our cats name odd but we thought it was fitting. We adopted our cat Easter Weekend 2 yrs. ago and it was grey and storming outside, and our kitten was grey but different colors of grey. So we named him Stormie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register