Countdown! - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorylyn
Sorry about your Dad... and don't get me wrong, I have great friends, they just aren't so great at cleaning...
I'm sure you have great friends. I would qualify as one of those friends that just isn't so great at cleaning....which is why it's good to have friends that are!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Countdown!

One more weekend with a uterus.

It's starting to snow here I can't wait for spring either. Good thing the doctors office is only a block away I don't have to deal with traffic.
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Countdown!

Michelle, I would have to shoot myself if it started snowing here again. I am so SICK of snow. I was really hoping it would warm up by the time we have our surgery, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The forecast here calls for temps in the 40's all next week. Bummer.

Anyone else feeling kind of bummed today? I just want to go to bed and wake up ten days from now. One of my coworkers even commented on my attitude today. My friends keep asking me how I'm feeling today and I don't know how to answer them. It's not the worst day I've had, but I don't feel great either. I am tired of feeling like all I do is complain about how crampy I am. So, if I tell the truth about how I'm feeling I get questions that I don't feel like answering. If I don't tell them the truth, well, then I'm lying and there is no good reason to do that either. It would be so much easier to just NOT have to deal with people for the next ten days.

Anyway, sorry to be whining to you guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Countdown!

Yeah I heard that Illinois has had a lot of snow this year. In Minnesota we have had below average so far. Man the snow flakes are huge. It's supposed to be 40 here all week too so the snow should melt pretty quickly but I know what you mean I want warm weather. Maybe we can hope for the warm weather in April.

Well time to get ready for my pre-op appt. I get to have an EKG that'll be interesting.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Countdown!

Happy St. Patricks Day Ladies!
Annessa, I'm crampy today too. I know my family is tired of my complaining. It's nice to have friends to talk about everything!!

Unread 03-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Countdown!

10 days

Would you guys hate me if I told you it was in the 70's here

I think as the day gets closer our nerves are getting the best of us, so along with the cramps and whatever else is going on in our lives we are also thinking about the surgery and getting more nervous by the day (at least I am).

Is everyone wearing their green today? I forgot but they were passing out clover pins at work so I got one
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Countdown!

Only 8 days, 00 hrs, 46 min, 35 sec till I'm in the castle having my surgery!

I've told my older daughter and son, but am waiting to tell my youngest (18) when he comes home for Spring Break on Thursday. He just went through hell week at the Air Force Academy, so I didn't want to distract him when his plate is already full.

My husband has been so stressed his heart has been dancing all over the place, and his doc has been doing tests on him.

It may be 70 degrees in lower Arizona, but I have 3 inches of snow all over my hot tub and patio tables up here in Sedona, the high desert!

I'm ready already to get on with it, and get 'er done. Then we can start with the healing process. Yippee!!!
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Countdown!

Marilyn I know what you mean, I just want it over with!

Yes, lower Arizona is warmer. Strange, yesterday it was in the 50's and today in the 70's. I did hear that the higher elevations were getting snow though, how lucky you are! The other ladies that live east would not think that is so lucky
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokemarge
My friends keep asking me how I'm feeling today and I don't know how to answer them. It's not the worst day I've had, but I don't feel great either. I am tired of feeling like all I do is complain about how crampy I am. So, if I tell the truth about how I'm feeling I get questions that I don't feel like answering. If I don't tell them the truth, well, then I'm lying and there is no good reason to do that either. It would be so much easier to just NOT have to deal with people for the next ten days.
I sooo understand… EVERYONE, family, friends, coworkers keep asking me how I feel… I have nothing good to say… IF I put on my game face and lie, then, they expect me to be 100%... I am not even close to 100%... I am miserable... and my SO and I couldn’t be drifting any further apart and we are doing so very rapidly… I keep wondering if I am imagining it… I figure it’s my hormones and things will get better, then, I realize, if he can not be her for me while I feel so bad, he is NEVER going to be her for me… My body may heal from this surgery, but I don’t know that our relationship will ever heal from this period of time we have been suffering through.

And for what it's worth, it's 70 here today too... and I am STILL bummed... having trouble focusing....
Unread 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Countdown!

Hi everyone. Its been beautiful weather in Sydney here for the last week as we have only just begun Autumn (Fall) but ungrateful wench that I am I still feel bummed. Lorlyn I too keep wondering if I am imagining that I even need the surgery even after I went through the pre op yesterday and went through my atrocious medical history and utter panic when I was told I had to stop taking my particular analgesics from tomorrow until after the surgery (just dont know how I am going to cope with pain at work without them). Luckily my husband was with me at the pre op and heard all the yuk stuff too or I wouldn't have taken it all in. He is trying to be there for me but even though I know it sometimes I still wonder if he really gets it and whethe he really is going to deliver when I need it most during the recovery. (He's a great person but not well trained domestically.) I am making a decision not to make a relationship decision for the next 12 weeks at least as I'm too nut jobby to be sure I would be making a good call so doing a bit of a Scarlet O'Hara and planning to think about them "tomorrow" (in 12 weeks time). I too am sooo sick of being asked how I am and colleagues saying I look ill (duh - that's why I'm having the surgery!)
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register