Any other horseowners? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other horseowners? Any other horseowners?

Unread 03-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Any other horseowners?

Raven,

Send us your rain! We're parched here in Colorado (high desert)... my pasture is in shock.

What are butterfly stretches? Just curious.

I was off horses for about 8 years. It almost killed me... ! Hope you all have speedy recoveries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Any other horseowners?

Hi Calypso,
Butterfly streches are where you lie on your back, bring your heels as close to your bottom as you can, then slow drop your kness out to the sides and hold - don't bounce.
It stretches all the groin muscles and inner thighs, opens up the hips and flexes the knees and ankles.
My Dr cleared me for driving, walking program and slow yoga today - I am so happy! Only 2 weeks post-op and feeling great!

Raven
Unread 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Any other horseowners?

So both my boys are shedding their winter coats! OMG there is enough horsehair to stuff a mattress! Finding grooming very therapeutic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Any other horseowners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart
So both my boys are shedding their winter coats! OMG there is enough horsehair to stuff a mattress! Finding grooming very therapeutic.

Mine too! Enough dust to go with the hair to fill both my lungs! And right after shedding them out, the roll, and so it starts all over again....
Unread 03-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Any other horseowners?

I know exactly what you mean!

But they are worth it! How many do you have? Was it two?

Unread 07-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Re: Any other horseowners?

Hi to all horse owners and lovers.

I am really happy to have found this thread as did not know where to go to get advice on how long I will have to wait until I can ride, look after my boys and girls.....

I have 4 horses. 2 mares and 2 geildings plus a yearling. My husband and I both ride and keep the horses at home.

My TAH is scheduled for 25th August so I am getting organised with help for the first few weeks but was hoping I would be able to muck out etc by week 5??

I would be really grateful of any advice ???
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:55 AM

I think it varies person to person on how long to wait. I think with laparoscopic, you can do it sooner, like around a month. With abdominal surgery, you will probably have to wait more like 6 weeks, and ask at your dr appt. Good luck with your surgery!

At least you can go visit your friends while recovering. Mine ate lots of carrots during the recovery!
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:20 PM

Hi
I too am a horse lover and owner. Right now we have 2, we did have 4 but recently gave 1 away to a young girl and sold the other one to another young girl who was in a bad car accident a few years ago and has a slight brain injury. The horse is very calm and under the guidence of her coach she is learning to ride and it has been therapuedic for the young girl. I am scheduled for a TVA in Nov and am wondering how long before I can ride and do stalls etc. I find it very relaxing and really do enjoy doing the stalls. If anyone has any advice that would be great. I quess I will have to bring it up with my doctor as well.
Thanks
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Hi Ladies;

I was browsing through old threads and found this one.

I have a 17 yr old chestnut Quarter Horse that I use for pleasure. I have had him for 10 yrs and he is my best buddy. Along with my Quarter Horse my family has 3 bay thoroughbreds.
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Oh! Finally found y'all!! I'm still pre-op and awaiting my date but I have horsie questions!! I have the following:

2 Friesians, one Percheron/TB with a 1/2 Friesian colt by her side, a QH/TB and a mini-mule and foster horses #13 and #14. Plus three goats, two dogs, three cats, one foster dog and one foster cat and one very tolerant husband.

I have him to help plus all my horse friends, but how long until you felt safe to go play/pet with your horses?

----------
4-6cm ovarian cysts, Endometriosis and elevated CA125 and meeting with the surgeron's partner on 8/6/10 to finally stop the pain!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register