Movie Recommendations | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Movie Recommendations Movie Recommendations

Unread 05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Movie Recommendations

Hi ladies - in preparation for my upcoming recovery time, I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good movies...I haven`t really been in touch with the lastest! If I have a list of recommendations it will make it easier if I ask my DH to pick something up for me....otherwise I`m completely at the mercy of his choices!

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Re: Movie Recommendations

Wow, your big day is just about here!! You must be excited (along with being nervous of course).

I don't know what kind of movies you like but here a few of my favorites (all chick flicks except for #3):

1) Hitch
2) Guess Who
3) The Blindside
4) No Reservations

Best wishes for your surgery and make sure you

Unread 05-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Thank you hope! I have been thinking about you today.

Great suggestions, thank you! I like almost anything for moves (just probobly not in the blood and gore mood...besides, I`ve had enough of that with my periods, I don`t need to see it on the screen too!! )

I`m thinking I`ll definitely be up for some chick flicks, so thank you again! And yes, I`m kind of still all over the map with emotions!

Thanks hope, stay in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM

I always enjoy chick flicks and light-hearted movies.

I will look for you in the Post-Op boards and hope that you will still venture back to visit us in the Pre-Op boards.

Thanks again for your kindness and support.

Take care.

Unread 05-09-2010, 06:17 PM

My only suggestion is nothing too funny, it will hurt to laugh for a few days. Made the mistake of watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding on TV 3 days after my hyst, and it hurt!! : ).
Unread 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Excellent point! Watching funny movies (even though laughing is so healthy) may not be a good idea for a while as it may hurt to laugh. But always keep a tummy pillow close by just in case.

That movie "The Big Fat Greek Wedding" is another one of my favorites.

You better perhaps get all your laughing out of your system now...
Unread 05-09-2010, 06:29 PM

Thanks so much ladies! Okay, maybe I`ll watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding after I finish my bowel prep tomorrow afternoon!! I think I`ll need a laugh by then. I watched that movie when it first came out and I haven`t seen it since so that`s a great suggestion.

Hope - I will absoloutely be back to try to `give back` the way so many of our sisters have, and I also want to hang with you until you have your procedure....as long as it takes, remember that!
Unread 05-09-2010, 07:28 PM

I have watched quite a few movies since my surgery. I agree...nothing TOO funny in the first couple of weeks! Some movies I have enjoyed in the past few weeks are:

1. The Blind Side - uplifting
2. The Proposal- cute little chick flick
3. The Lovely Bones - a little more serious
4. The Secret Life of Bees - another nice chck flick
5. Up - animated but has a nice message - a little sad
6. An Education - British "coming of age" movie
7. Burn After Reading - funny with a couple of disturbing scenes (Brad Pitt is soooo cute!)
8. Up In the Air - George Clooney is even cuter than Brad iMHO
9. The Bucket List - about the things you need to do before you die..."buddy" movie
10. Little Miss Sunshine - funny

DON'T watch La Vie En Rose. A really good movie but DEPRESSING!!!! I watched it my first night home, in pain, in the middle of the night. Big mistake!

FIRE: Really interested in how things go for you in Kelowna. I used to live in Vancouver and went to Okanagan many times for summer vacation. Nice to know that you are helping to bring a new surgical prcedure to your town!!!

HOPE2010: Glad to see you on here! Hope things are going OK
Unread 05-09-2010, 07:42 PM

I also just watched "It's Complicated" I did need to hold my belly as some parts were entirely funny!
Unread 05-09-2010, 07:58 PM

Thanks need2learn, for the suggestion and the warning! I`ll definitely add that to my list!

Canteach, thanks SO much for the suggestions and indication of `mood`, most helpful!! And wow, thanks also for the good wishes on the procedure! I had my preop at the hospital and all the nurses are excited too, so that feels pretty awesome (fyi, I`m actually in Kamloops, but very close to Kelowna!). I am SO hopeful that this results in other women in the ìnterior`having this option....I was dismayed at how much initial opposition there was from the head of the board no less (who I had initially consulted with) but the power of doctors and patients working together.... great things can and do happen. The surgeon who is coming here from Burnaby with the experience and equipment is my hero, as well as the local surgeon who stood up to the Board when they initially turned it down....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register