Wow Ladies this place is depressing! - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow Ladies this place is depressing! Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Unread 05-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Re: Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

My experience has been bad as well. My insomnia has been kicking my butt since I worked shift work about 10 years ago. It totally screwed my circadian clock up!

Over the counter - diphenhydramine (generic benadryl) works sometimes.

Scripts - I have used several with moderate success. I mostly use these on the weekends due to a bit of a 'hangover' effect.
Xanax - makes me drowsy and can roll over and go back to sleep easily if awakened (by thunderstorms last night). Take only a half during the week and a whole on weekends.
Cyclobenzaprine - muscle relaxant, only on weekends and with extra stool softener as can cause constipation. I also have back spasms so if I have the spasms and insomnia - this is the solution of choice.
Amitriptyline - it has been a while, but I recall this had a pretty significant hangover effect. Even a half had me loopy well into the next day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2010, 08:22 PM

****, Gurl!

This posting is just hysterical. I hope I come back up with your sense of humor.

Yeah, the cat thing is mildly disturbing - will not leave toilet lids up as that just is one of my pet peeves.

Burning chicken noodle soup...easy...he's a guy. He probably did not stir it and had your stove cranked to 'high.' My ex did that!
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:23 PM

Lala, have you tried ambien? Of course the above mentioned meds dont even make me tired, maybe I'm chronically overtired lol, but ambien saved me from dreadful insomnia at the end of my last pregnancy then again when he was about 7-8 months old and it had gotten bad again, I requested it after this surgery and its helped a good bit, though he only gave me 5mg and I usually take 10mg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphiniumeve View Post
****, Gurl!

This posting is just hysterical. I hope I come back up with your sense of humor.

Yeah, the cat thing is mildly disturbing - will not leave toilet lids up as that just is one of my pet peeves.

Burning chicken noodle soup...easy...he's a guy. He probably did not stir it and had your stove cranked to 'high.' My ex did that!
I'm sure I will, I had to take a hystersisters break for a bit because I was frustrated at some decisions some people made etc etc... so I'm trying to be nice lol.. But its ok I'll get over myself, I mean I aint gots no hormones so of course I'm gonna get a lil tiffy over minor things I'm tryin to get it back to me again
Unread 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM

I am 5 days post op and nothing seems funny right now. I SOOOOO did not want to be one of those old hag ladies who turn into complainers after a hyst. Hoping I will get my sense of humor back soon. Thanks for the laughs!
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Want a good laugh? My m-in-law gave me 4 bag clips one year for Christmas. (Not the good sturdy kind, they were from the dollar store). To poke fun at it, my girlfriend just gave me a whole bag of pretty colored bag clips.
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Don't worry- I think part of the recovery process is getting your sense of humor back. the docs forget to mention that part. I know I didn't find much funny until about three weeks when I started feeling better. Now using it to keep me feeling good.
I discovered today that you can really scare yourself if you look up something on the internet. If you put in headache, they will give you the worst case scenario. I have decided I will not google medical terms until I can talk to my doctor.
I hope everyone gets a laugh out of this. Friday I had to go to see my pulmonologist. I had testing early in am. When I got there, this other lady was just being nasty to the girls at the desk. Rationale given was "You won't let me smoke for the last 6 hours. Anyone would be cranky." I thought thank goodness I don't smoke but boy is this ironic. You are at a lung doctor and complaining because you can't smoke Follow up appointment set for afternoon. As I approach door a man asks me where he can smoke. I said off the grounds-no smoking on hospital grounds. He says "I can't believe they expect me to go 15 minutes without a cigarette before seeing me." I just said sorry and went in for appointment. As I start to follow nurse to see doc, the fire alarms go off. Nurse is immediately putting me in one room closing all doors and closing clinic door. They have a message over intercom "Code red 4th floor, " She comes back in and says stay here. Not a drill we don't know where fire is. Fire department on way as security is looking for fire. Of course it gives a room location-the men's bathroom. This idiot decided he had to smoke so went into bathroom and set off fire alarm because of smoke. We had the fire department there checking everything out. I couldn't believe that someone was going to see the pulmonologist was smoking in bathroom. Not only that but causing huge problems. I guess there is a big fine of about $5000 for doing this. He didn't think it was so funny then. I really had to just shake my head and laugh. Talk about a disconnect!!
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM

Zenyatta- I think I would find your story lots funnier if it werent for the fact that I am a Respiratory Therapist and I've sadly seen all this more times than I can count on my fingers and toes lol. I cant tell you how many times I've been called because a patient MUST have their breathing treatment right away and when I get to their room they are nowhere to be found cuz they are outside smoking. I usually tell the nurses that patient will be getting a tx when I get time and dont call me back up here for another emergent one if they can go smoke they dont need it that bad!

And July~ my dh's mom gave him a gallon bag full of bread ties for Christmas one year lol
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july813 View Post
Want a good laugh? My m-in-law gave me 4 bag clips one year for Christmas. (Not the good sturdy kind, they were from the dollar store). To poke fun at it, my girlfriend just gave me a whole bag of pretty colored bag clips.
FUNNY! Reminds of when my boys were little and went to spend Christmas with their dad and his new wife. They went to her side of the family for a meal and gift exchange. Everyone there received gifts except for my boys. The new wife's mom went into her kitchen and came back with a short, black plastic comb and orange and black Halloween taffy for each of them. We laughed so hard! Of course it would have been better had their own dad taken a small gift for each of them, but in my experience men don't usually think of such things. LOL
Unread 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM

I was delighted when my dear friend, Ash, offered to clean my bathroom. I happily sat on the couch watching daggy daytime TV, whilst he crashed away behind closed bathroom doors.

Half an hour later, he emerged with a proud and triumphant grin on his face. I pumped up his ego by telling him what a generous and marvellous man he was

A couple of hours later, I noticed that my grey socks were now orange. I picked up the bathroom floor mat to discover that it too had changed colour. Poor Ash had covered the WHOLE bathroom in Domestos, but didnt realise that he had to rinse it off. LOL!

I should have cottoned on with the strong fragrance but I just thought he had used the cleaner with great enthusiasm. What exactly he was doing in there for 30 mins I will never know!

Gotta love men. I dont quite understand them, but they do make me laugh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register