Whatcha' slackin on today? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Whatcha' slackin on today?

I'm slackin on the dusting and don't give a rip. I just saw a dust bunny big enough to put a leash on and take for a walk. Maybe I'll name it. Set a place for it at the table. Or maybe I'll just nudge it back under the sofa and pretend it's not there.

Slack on sistas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Just make sure it's well-fed. Don't want that dust bunny to get mean & bite you.

I'm slacking on everything. Taking twice as long to do stuff at work, ignoring Mom's roses that need pruning.

Laundry? What's that? Oh, that's the thing DH takes care of while I'm at work.

Oh yeah, that Board of Director thingy. They are doing fine without my opinions.
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM

lets see, i made my bed, his side too.. made my sons bed.. made coffee.. sat down.. ya, sat down in my comfy chair.. talked to my email buddies.. colored my hair.. took a shower, dried my hair.. sat in my chair... made my son a p b and J.. ate leftover fajitas and a thin mint girl scout cookie, maded tea.. and sat in my chair.. day 13.. big nasty abdominal hysterectomy.. im sitting.. and taking my percosets.. never doing this again ..making sure i heal correctly..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Thank you Lord for these wonderful women!!!! I was so proud of myself slackin last night by not taking my pain pill befor bed. /made it through the nite great and paid dearly today....had a bm after 2 days this morn and have had more pain today then ever, got mad at my DH who doesnt understand why I cant drive yet if I can ride in a car soooo nowmy best girlfriend is bringin my favorite cookies, I'm reading a book and takin my second pain pill of the day
LONG LIVE THE SLACKERS!!!!
Unread 10-11-2010, 05:16 PM

Awww finally a club for which I feel I could get elected President! if I had the energy to run for it..naw..I'll slack off of that too!

Today I slacked off of ...everything!

I have to admit that my bathroom is beginning to gross me out a little bit..I may have to call someone in on that one..tomorrow.

I will admit that during a rush of energy I walked into the kitchen and wiped off the counter..the dish rag really smelled bad so I threw it in the dirty clothes. Feeling as if I had really done a remarkable alot, I got my bottled water and went back to my chair, turned on my book that I'm listening to (too much energy to read it myself) and fell asleep.
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM

You ladies are so smart!! I felt pretty good this morning after DH left for 5 days of work out-of-state. He has been spoiling me rotten but I'm not used to him being home all of the time, so I was ready for some "alone time". I putzed around the kitchen picking up various messes and then straightened up our bedroom. Nothing too strenuous, but I was still worn out before lunch. I was definitely a member of the slacker club the rest of the day.

My girlfriends are planning on coming over in the morning to clean my house. While I really appreciate it, I am really feeling weird about having someone else clean up our messes!!! I am really having a hard time not going around and cleaning up before they come. But I will try to resist!!

SLACKERS UNITE!!
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM

hysterical.. id run against you for president, but , really...why bother? my advice.. those chorlox wipes in a tube thingy.. just kind of wipe up counter and toilet seat.. makes you feel like you did something and they smell nice.. and i leave the HANDY for the two men with whom i live.. i have a teen age son.. hes been keeping his mess in one, ok two, maybe three areas..its fine.. just look down so you dont trip over a size ten NIKE...
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:14 PM

You gals are making my incisions hurt!

Diekapj, you're perfect for the prez job. We need someone to show us how to be slackers extraordinaire. I think you have the job down pat!

I had another bm. Nuf said. Just chillin in my comfy chair and watching DH pull string algae out of the pond. He has some cute shorts on so I'm enjoying the "view".

C'mon, there has to be other hyster slackers out there!
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM

I was just going to enjoy this thread slacker-style and do a read only, but mythreecats did the shout out...so....

woke up and told DH that there was a bat stuck in our fake Halloween spider webbing outside and supervised the rescue from the front window. Had some breakfast and took a nap.

Woke and then surfed the web, back to bed for another nap.

Woke up and surveyed the groceries that DH bought using the list I created for him yesterday. Pointed out only 2 errors. Back to bed for another nap.

Took a third nap and now I'm web surfin again. Asked DD how long until dinner. She said she'd make me some soup in an hour b/c she's not hungry. I stuck out my lower lip, started whining and told her I didn't want soup for dinner (would've stomped my feet but that's still a no no with internal stitches. LOL). Told her I want tacos. So she'll be in the kitchen to start browning the ground beef for tacos here in a minute.

I'm fighting the urge to go lay back down in bed while she does this.
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:54 PM

My 21 yo son is home on fall break from college this week.... and making messes everywhere. I keep telling him (from my chair) "clean that up" "clean this up" etc. He's getting a little perturbed at me but I don't care. Been cleaning up after him for 21 years.... he can do it himself this week at least.

Other than that, I am watching movies and reading and playing games on my laptop. I run a very small load of clothes (nighties and undies) every three days or so, and that's about it. Been on three outings now, and started driving again on Saturday. Down to just motrin for pain maybe a couple times a day, and relaxing. Will be back at work soon enough and that will be all I can handle, so I'm resting up now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register