Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Today started yesterday about 1 pm for me.... trying to get back on a normal sleep schedule so that hopefully the doc will release me for work on the 1st. I have been up about 29 hours.... playing computer games, watching movies, reading, swinging on my porch swing, ate a little something (still no appetite to speak of), and more computer games. I am going to give up the ghost about 9 tonight (less than 3 hours from now), and set my alarm for 9 in the am. Hoprfully that will get me back on days. The house REALLY needs some attention, but I am NOT taking any chances on not getting that clearance to go back to work. Need to make the money to keep the mortgage current, so slackin' in the meantime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2010, 08:28 PM

Hey, glndgd63, I can share my appetite with you. I have enough for both of us. LOL

On another note, the butt boil may be hormonal. I always got butt zits when I was about to start. Even though my ovaries are gone, I still got them last week. Go figure.
Unread 10-23-2010, 11:08 PM

Can ya share some sleep? I have now been up 35 hours and I am not sleepy. Time for the Unisom I thinks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2010, 11:42 PM

I wish I could. Lots of the time, Dr's prescribe Benadryl, or the generic of for sleep. It's cheaper than Unisom, & most likely the same ingredients.

If your mind just doesn't want to wind down, you might try something like word puzzles. Sometimes my body is wiped out, but my mind wants to play. I have a little reading light that I clip to my book so I don't disturb DH. I go to bed, but if I have trouble, I start doing the puzzles. Works like a charm.

If I don't have a book, I try to find something relaxing to focus on. Sort of a self hypnosis type thing. Usually, it's lying on a sandy beach with the sun shining down & the water lapping at my feet. I imagine that each time the water rolls over my feet, it's taking stress with it. I think about what the water would sound like, what the warm sand would feel like, & how the salt water smells. Just pick a scene you like & go with it.
Unread 10-24-2010, 04:19 PM

Thanks. I take an allergy pill with the same ingredient as Benadryl and I'm not supposed to add more, that's why I mentioned Unisom (different ingredient - spent about 20 min in store comparing boxes - lol). I went to bed last night about midnight.... problem is I can't seem to STAY asleep. It's like a series of catnaps throughout the night. I had hoped that staying up til I was wiped out would do the trick but no luck last night. Definitely something to discuss with doc (seeing gyn on Weds and PCM on Thurs) to see if I can do anything about it. Til then.... keep on slackin' to get that clearance ! !
Unread 10-24-2010, 05:17 PM

Since I started estrogen therapy, I sleep like a baby! I have even slept without Ambien, which I have been on for years. A year ago I was having a really bad time sleeping, and would wake up, wide awake after three hours. I think, now, that it was perimenopause! Now postop and with ERT, I sleep much better.
Unread 10-24-2010, 09:13 PM

There is a prescription sleep aid that helps you get to sleep, but also has something to help stay asleep. Wish I could remember the name of it. Have just seen commercials for it. It's worth a chat with the Dr.
Unread 10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Whatcha' slackin on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glndgd63 View Post
Thanks. I take an allergy pill with the same ingredient as Benadryl and I'm not supposed to add more, that's why I mentioned Unisom (different ingredient - spent about 20 min in store comparing boxes - lol). I went to bed last night about midnight.... problem is I can't seem to STAY asleep. It's like a series of catnaps throughout the night. I had hoped that staying up til I was wiped out would do the trick but no luck last night. Definitely something to discuss with doc (seeing gyn on Weds and PCM on Thurs) to see if I can do anything about it. Til then.... keep on slackin' to get that clearance ! !
What time of day do you take you allergy pill. Perhaps you can shift it to closer to bed time. I have taken the generic form of Tylenol PM (basically Tylenol and bebdryl) for a few years for my migraines. Totally works. Wipes ,e out for a few blissful hours and then I wake up....slack a bit....and take it again. Completely ok with the doc. Before surgery when I had to confess all the meeds I had been taking, they told me I could take Tylenol pm right up to coming in. I didn't do it, but is good to know they weren't concerned with it.

FYI....the migraine dose is two pills. (my sister is involved in the clinical trials for migraine dirges, and she says Tylenol pm keeps winning.....

One more thing... Since my hysteria....no more migraines. Three weeks running now.
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:30 PM

One week post-op and I am having trouble with this slacking thing. Bored with tv, bored with the books, bored with FB. It doesn't help that my DH seems to think I need to get up and do something. Does anyone else have a spouse like that? He told me today I was not taking care of my responsibilities. Hmmmmmm -- I thought my responsibility was to heal properly. Thank God my church family has provided dinner every night since I have been home. Not sure what is going to happen when he has to cook dinner.
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter_Days View Post
What time of day do you take you allergy pill. Perhaps you can shift it to closer to bed time. I have taken the generic form of Tylenol PM (basically Tylenol and bebdryl) for a few years for my migraines. Totally works. Wipes ,e out for a few blissful hours and then I wake up....slack a bit....and take it again. Completely ok with the doc. Before surgery when I had to confess all the meeds I had been taking, they told me I could take Tylenol pm right up to coming in. I didn't do it, but is good to know they weren't concerned with it.

FYI....the migraine dose is two pills. (my sister is involved in the clinical trials for migraine dirges, and she says Tylenol pm keeps winning.....

One more thing... Since my hysteria....no more migraines. Three weeks running now.
Brighter Days - Glad to hear you are migraine free. I am hoping this will solve mine as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register