I wont miss - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Re: I wont miss

All of the above mentioned "extra padding & packing " and being able to dry off in the shower without messing up the towel. I would have to maneuver an acrobatic feat to get from the shower to the toilet, (soaking wet mind you) in order to dry off and "pad up" before the next flood would come. (I love my new white towels.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2013, 03:42 PM

-Cramps so bad I debate going to the emergency room.

-Mild burns from a heating pad.

-Having to take ibuprofen every 2 hours and still being in pain.

-Not being able to leave the house.

-Bleeding constantly for months.

-Having to clean up what appears to be a civil war battlefield after using the restroom at work or home (toilet and floor ), every time...

-Having to order my ultra tampons online because apparently mere mortals do not need them and they are not stocked in local stores (used in combination with overnight pads and a wad of paper towels).

-EMOTIONAL EXHAUSTION AND DESPAIR.

-Physical exhaustion and dizziness from anemia.

-Soaking panties, clothes, bedsheets, etc. Trying to remove bloodstains from the carpet.

-Period panties and bedsheets.

-Having to use dark towels.

-Having to to insert tampons in record time after showering (before being able to dry off), because that's how fast the bleeding would start up.

-Clots, clots, clots (enormous ones that make you feel like you've given birth to an alien)!

-Last and definitely not least, as many others have said: gushing. One of the worst feelings ever and one I will never miss as long as I live.
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM

It's been 3 years since my hysterectomy and let me tell you it's the best decision I ever made. I put it off and off and finally with all the bleeding enough was enough. Everything out (except cervix) and even though I'm older I feel great. I did great. The hot flashes are fewer but still there a bit and I just deal. No hormone replacement because I couldn't and wouldn't have anyway.

To all you woman out there. Don't worry, you will be fine given some time. Best of luck to all of you! God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM

I do have to mention that I do still get what seems/feels like PMS - but emotionally, and it is more regular. I work in an office with my best friend & I always know when it is "That Time" for her, because I get emotional - usually "Snappy" with people and I ask her - "It's that time isn't it?" and she has either just started that day or within the next 1-2 days.
Otherwise - BLISSFULLY HAPPY with the surgery!
I took MUCH advice from my other Hyster-Sisters & my Dr. combined with the Awesome feedback from everyone here, there were many times I didn't feel I needed to call & ask my Dr. "silly ?'s" but I DO advise to ask (from doctor) if you are worried or unsure.
If you give it the time and the patience needed, you will do fine - TRUST ME - being a is NOT as easy as it sounds! I am normally ALWAYS on the go - avg. 14+ hrs a day - 'running, running, running' and have been back to that for several months already - (7.5 mos. after surgery)
Best of Luck to you my Hyster-Sister!
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Yaaaaayyyyy! Finally...someone else focusing on the positives rather than on the negatives of arriving to this very difficult decision in a woman's life. I am almost 3 weeks post-op, LSH, kept my ovaries, and was in full panic when faced with all the scary comments regarding post op recovery! While I understand that recovery is different for everyone, I am blessed that mine is going great. Slower than I expected (my Dr. said 2 weeks...yeah right!), but can't really complain in light of all the horror stories I've read. Yes I have swelly belly, yes I have obscenely painful BMs, yes I can't sleep on my side yet on most nights, but every day it gets a little better.

Thankful for:

>>Using the $$ formerly spent on the entire "Always" line of products for pedicures and movie nights

>>No more ruined vacations, romantic weekends, weddings, graduations, etc, due to my period

>>No more pot belly (my uterus was the size of a 14 week pregnancy, and I'm very petite... I always looked a little bit pregnant

>>No more involuntary (and horribly embarrassing) gas ... my swollen uterus was putting pressure on my digestive system. Every month around ovulation and pre period time I swelled up with gas and it would just come out!! Like in late pregnancy... for goodness sake!

>>No more checking my period tracker app before making plans with friends or family

But most of all...

>>NO MORE IV IRON INFUSIONS!!!! (I was extremely anemic and required these every 6 months to function as a normal human being.)

Wishing my best to all you girls recovering...those of you having a hard time: hang in there, this too shall pass, and you will feel better a little bit every day.

Stay positive girls!
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:36 AM

I just want to add one more time that I love this topic. I've gone back and read it a few times during my crying jags and it really helped. I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel. We will get there ladies.
Unread 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM
I wont miss

I really like all of the positives and also keep coming back!
I won't miss never ending periods killing my sex life!
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:16 PM

The plunger, how could I forget you.

We became so close.
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_I_am View Post
I won't miss never ending periods killing my sex life!
Ugh, I almost forgot this one. Yes!
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:30 PM

The weirdest thing happened to me the other day....a friend asked about a day trip next month and I said hold on let me check something, so I grabbed my phone and went to my period tracker app, and my husband was like, what are you doing???? I totally forgot I dont have to worry about mother nature intruding in my life anymore...I guess I was so in the habit of always checking it, LOL

I need to delete that pesky period tracker app, I wont miss that ever!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register