Have a tentative time line for my hyst!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have a tentative time line for my hyst!! Have a tentative time line for my hyst!!

Unread 01-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Have a tentative time line for my hyst!!

Talked to my Dr today and convinced him that I didn't want to try the Novasure procedure for a 50/50 chance of relief. I was ready to go in and have a hysterectomy and get my life back! So he's putting in the paperwork to the insurance co for approval and am looking at surgery in about a month!!! He doesn't want to remove my ovaries due to my age (33) and putting me on HRT. But am thinking if we don't take them out, that I will still be experiencing the PMS and such and that it might be easier to take out the whole kit and caboodle and deal with the early menopause and really be done with it!
Made me feel at least a little better... now there is so much to do before I go in.
Wooo hooooooooo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 12:09 PM

I also talked to the Dr. today to let her know that I want a hysterectomy. I'm going to have everything removed except for the ovaries. The only way the ovaries are going is if the tumor in my uterus is cancerous.
I'm also planning to have it done in about a month. I am so nervous. I just can't wait to have it done though. No more painful periods
I now just have to wait for them to get back to me for the date of the surgery. Now I have plenty to do. I have to do an early spring cleaning of the house cause mom is coming to help my husband take care of me. I have set things up so its easy for them to find things.
Can't wait to get this over with.
Unread 01-25-2005, 06:04 PM

I'm 32 and left my ovaries, I've only been through 2 "periods" since my surgery but the PMS has been nothing compared to before. I wonder if it's because I don't have to deal with what comes after the PMS. :-)

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 07:49 AM

Hi, I had my tah/bso 2 1/2 years ago for precancer. I didn't have a choice about my ovaries - they had to go because of the precancer. Even though I was post menopausal, I would have chosen to keep them if I could. I went into a pretty unpleasant "surgical" menopause. It did get evened out after we got my hrt adjusted properly.

I would really research and think about your decision before you choose to remove your ovaries. You're still pretty young to want to remove them - especially if they're healthy. Please don't make a hasty decision.

Best wishes.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register