death by hormones?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

death by hormones?? death by hormones??

Unread 09-18-2005, 11:48 AM
death by hormones??

I am scheduled for a TVH this Friday. But in the back of my mind is the fact that I had Polyps removed with a clean bill of health July 7 and a normal period in July then Aug. 12 a period that was going on for 12 days when I went in to see the doctor. He put me on Provera and it caused such heavy bleeding that I wound up in the ER with low hemoglobin. Then he put me on 3 birth control pills a day for 4 days and now a week later, I am bleeding so heavy I will problably be dangerously anemic again. I called the hospital and a nurse on the OBGYN floor told me that of course I am bleeding from stopping the pills and it shoulld be heavy and not to come to the ER. I feel like I have been bleeding to death and he says I have to have a hysterectomy as soon as possible, but could it just look that way from all the hormones. I want to wait a couple of cycles to see. (I am really ready to be left alone). I am really depressed over this and wondering if I am doing the right thing by proceeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2005, 11:58 AM
death by hormones??

At the very least, I would suggest you make sure you have your questions answered to your satisfaction as to how urgent surgery is at this time. Ask what your doctor would think the risks are of waiting until you see how the next month or two goes, and seek a second or third opinion. Unless you face impending life-threatening risks, it seems important to take the time to feel more sure about going into this major a surgery.
I never had problems with anemia, so my bias of taking several years to decide on surgery may not be appropriate -- but getting your questions answered is appropriate before undergoing surgery!
Best wishes to you!
Unread 09-18-2005, 01:17 PM
death by hormones??

Hi KaYa,

It is always a good thing to get 2nd and 3rd opinions. You need to get all your questions answered so you can make the best decison for you.

s,
kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2005, 02:14 PM
death by hormones??

It is important to have all your questions answered before having this major surgery. Don't be afraid to get a second opinion. I had trouble with this. I felt like I was questioning my first doctors ability. I'm glad I got over it. Turns out I was much more comfortable with my second opinion doctor although he had much the same thing to say. He was able to ease my anxiety.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register