Hydronephrosis and lupron | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hydronephrosis and lupron Hydronephrosis and lupron

Unread 09-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Hydronephrosis and lupron

Hi All,

Getting a little concerned. Hysterectomy is not scheduled yet as I am waiting on my first Lupron shot. My shot is scheduled for 9-17. I dont know if ill be able to get it though as the pharmacy is holding it up ( a-whole-nother story). But if i do how ling does it take to start working? My doctor said that i have hydronephrosis due to the large sized fibroid (uterus is the size of a 5 month pregnancy). My kidneys were holding steady with no symptoms; but now i have some flank pain ( more like twinges) on the right side and not to be TMI, but it looks as though the color of my urine is a pale color not matter what i drink, even dark liquids. Has anybody had hydronephrosis? Im wondering if with these new symptoms, I should forego Lupron and schedule the surgery asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Re: Hydronephrosis and lupron

Pale colored urine is a GOOD thing. It means you are hydrated. Darker urine signifies you are dehydrated and therefore a bad thing. Are you drinking more than you use to? The twinges can sometimes be caused by over hydrating. Your kidney can get swore from over work like any other part of your body.
Unread 09-07-2015, 06:04 PM

Hi Bef-99,

Thanks for replying. I know pale colored urine is generaly a good thing; but i just found it odd that with very limited water intake, still resulted in a lighter color of urine, even in the morning. But thanks for easing the concern. I just want to get this whole process started before anything gets worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2015, 10:22 AM

I think you should proceed with the Lupron. My fibroid-filled uterus was 22-week size, and I was given 2 monthly shots, which shrank it to 16-week size, according to the final report. Even if yours doesn't shrink as much, any shrinkage will definitely make you surgery easier, and perhaps enable a smaller incision. I think how soon it takes effect depends on where you are in your cycle when you start it; I had my first shot in mid February, just past the midpoint, and had my last period at the beginning of March. I hope you can straighten out the issues regarding having your prescription filled, because you don't need to be worrying about this on top of everything else. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery!
Unread 09-08-2015, 12:08 PM

Thanks Titanic Princess 113. It seems the issues with my prescription are clearing up. It amazes me what it takes sometimes to get things moving. How were your symptoms once on Lupron and did it enable you to go laproscopic or a horizontal incision instead of vertical? Im due for my shot the first day of my period. Keeping fingers crossed that it shrinks the fibroid some so the incision can be smaller, possibly horizontal, with minimal side effects.
Unread 09-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
Thanks Titanic Princess 113. It seems the issues with my prescription are clearing up. It amazes me what it takes sometimes to get things moving. How were your symptoms once on Lupron and did it enable you to go laproscopic or a horizontal incision instead of vertical? Im due for my shot the first day of my period. Keeping fingers crossed that it shrinks the fibroid some so the incision can be smaller, possibly horizontal, with minimal side effects.
I had a laparoscopic procedure, and the Lupron was prescribed to enable that; after I made my first posting, I realized that might be possible in your case, so it's worth asking about, or even getting a second opinion. As for symptoms, mine were relatively minor, just a few hot flashes, mood swings and sleep disturbances, because it does shut down estrogen production; that's what's feeding the fibroids. But it's worth it if it makes your surgery easier! Best wishes for whatever happens!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register