Scheduled TAH My hysterectomy is tomorrow 1/25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My hysterectomy is tomorrow 1/25 My hysterectomy is tomorrow 1/25

Unread 01-24-2016, 07:13 PM
My hysterectomy is tomorrow 1/25

I'm not going to lie. I am sat here wanting to burst into tears and cancel . I am having an abdominal tomorrow removal of uterus , tubes and cervix . I am terrified of it all. Things going wrong , I feel like I have a black cloud . Of being in terrible pain. The long recovery and then I made a mistake and googled recovery and saw horror stories of long term complications and never enjoying sex again etc. I wish I had never had the ablation 5 years ago that has given me tremendous monthly pain so I would not be here in this position. I do have large fibroids though too and upset the dr just wasn't sure about doing a lap surgery. I need to calm down I will never sleep 😢 Any good stories to calm me ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Re: My op is tomorrow

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a good story for you, as I have not yet had my surgery. I am scheduled for February 11th. I just want you to know that you are not alone. I am scared! This will be my first major surgery ever and my first hospital stay.

My coping method: deep breaths, listening to calming music and trying to stay positive. The surgery and any potential associated pain are temporary and from pretty much everyone I have "spoken" to, it was the best decision they ever made.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Positive, healing vibes are being sent your way. <3
Unread 01-24-2016, 07:49 PM

Hi! Nerves and anxiety about what will recovery and life after will be like are normal. I think uncertainty is the worst. The good news is that you may find life after to be better than what you have now. And recovery is a relatively short time compared to the rest of your life.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2016, 08:18 PM

I so understand the nervous feelings night before! I thought I was a tough girl with nerves of steel through all the tests, and Dr visits, and waiting for more test, etc.etc... & I also felt regret about ablation I had years earlier. But you know, the past is done and we can't ever know what would have happened had we chosen differently. You take care of yourself in the here and now. Take a deep breath and be good to yourself. One week ago I was feeling much the same as you are now, my surgery was Mon and I can tell you that while it hasn't been the best week of my life, having the surgery over with is a huge relief.

I'm sending you my best vibes of calm and strength along with my hopes and prayers that you have a great outcome!

Unread 01-24-2016, 08:28 PM

That is great to hear ! What type did you have and how was the pain ? Best wishes to you !
Unread 01-24-2016, 08:49 PM

Mine was was total hys, took my last ovary and cervix also but it was robotic and my pain wasn't too bad, I wish I could tell you more about abdominal. My surgery to remove my first ovary and fallopian tube in 2008 was abdominal and it was not as bad as I feared. The people I had at hospital for hys were really good, I told them about nausea I've ALWAYS had with surgeries past and they gave me something before surgery and this time I didn't. I'm hoping you don't have to wait around long before surgery tomorrow. Hang in there, I'll be waiting for you on the other side.
Unread 01-24-2016, 08:55 PM

Thank you so so much !
Unread 01-24-2016, 09:35 PM

My surgery is tomorrow as well. Good luck. I have also heard from many women that it was the best decision ever. I have a lot of back pain and constant periods. I will have a TVH and I'm keeping the ovaries. I'm not going to lie that I'm very nervous as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register