URGENT QUESTION before I have hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

URGENT QUESTION before I have hysterectomy URGENT QUESTION before I have hysterectomy

Unread 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM
URGENT QUESTION before I have hysterectomy

I saw a Dr the other day. She told me I had one of the worst Prolapsed Uterus' she had ever seen. Scheduled me for a hysterectomy in Sept.

I talked to her about tightening my vagina to help keep my other organs in tack and from prolapsing too. She didn't want to do that due to pain or scarring problems. I just wondered if any of you have any advice or info. that would be helpful. Or tell me where to find it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Re: URGENT QUESTION before I have hysterectomy

I had a severe vaginal prolapse and had to have a TAH/BSO and a Sacrocolpopexy. Which is where they support the remaining bits after the hysto with Mesh. Has your doctor mentioned anything like this to you?
Unread 07-14-2009, 04:59 AM

I hope im not too late in responding. When they put me under, my uterus prolapsed. basically just about fell out... he said he tightened up all the muscles or something like that (i could get the actual surgical chart and look it up, one sec...) the uterosacral ligaments is what he tightened on me... everything according to him was "majorly relaxed" and he thought it would be better for me if the ligaments were tightened up. I have had no issues post-op except for the fact I think my one remaining ovary is finally waking up and realizing it's "friends" are gone.. lol..
I would ask the pros and cons of having the ligaments tightened up... Good luck! If you need to message me, feel free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM

jumpforjesusnet,
I'm sure you've heard many times on this site to get a second opinion. Do as much research as possible make an informed decision with your Dr and if he/she isn't able to do what needs to be done go with your second or even third opinion Dr. Good luck with your decisions : )
Unread 07-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Hi There,

My experience isn't quite like yours, but may give you some insight....

My issues were more related to a large rectocele (rectal prolapse) and cyctocele (bladder prolapse). My uterus was mildy prolapsed, but the hyst was recommended to prevent it prolapsing further in the future. I too had the sacral colpoplexy, where mesh is used to secure every thing in place to your tail bone.

My dr stated that with the repairs needed for the bladder/rectum, that the vagina would end being tightened in the process. I was quite loose due to a tramautic childbirth. She also stated that my prolapses were severe enough that the repairs would be covered by insurance, whereas someone just coming in to her office for vaginal tightening would not be covered.

Could it possibly be with the severeness of your prolapse that tightening the vagina at the same time would be too much on your body? I think a second opinion is definitely in order. I saw three different doctors with three different recommendations and then made my decision after much more research and time on this website.

Good luck in your choices.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register