I'm trying to get through this... hubby is a bit of a mess... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm trying to get through this... hubby is a bit of a mess... I'm trying to get through this... hubby is a bit of a mess...

Unread 09-23-2008, 04:53 AM
I'm trying to get through this... hubby is a bit of a mess...

I think he's worrying about it more than I am now... I think right now I'm just in the state of shock that it has to happen. I've been wanting a child for so long... and now I feel robbed. However right now just the pain of what's going on inside my body is just overruling my emotions. Hubby has been great, emotionally supportive and what not. I know that when it's all done and over with I'll feel much better, and my health will improve. Emotionally, that's another story. That part just feels like a black gaping hole. And please, I don't want someone telling me that I will be better off without having had children.... I saw that on another post and was mortified. How does that person know what I feel inside? Let alone another human being who has wants and desires. Right now I'm just feeling a little cold and alone in the world... perhaps I'd better put down my laptop and go curl up next to my hubby. Thanks for listening to me rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2008, 05:22 AM

Rant away, not wanting to have children is completely different to not being able to have them and you will have a whole different set of emotions to deal with as you prepare for surgery.

Keep reading this site and you will find lots of information that can help you with a load more that can't. That is the amazing thing about us sisters, we are all different and having surgery for different reasons, want or don't want children (or already have them), are having different surgeries and will heal differently from each other at different speeds. All we can do is share our experiences and hope that they will help someone out there in cyberspace in some way.

You really are not alone and there are other ways of being a Mummy without using the traditional route. There are thousands of children in this world that could do with your love either permanently or temporary.

Me? I chose to be an amazing Aunty, God Mother, friend many years ago and am comfortable with my choice. Would I have wanted to be a Mummy, you betcha. But the circumstances were never right so it just didn't happen for me.

Having a supportive hubby there is wonderful so talk to him, cry on him and let him read hystersisters if he would find it helpful.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery, sending you big hugs and hoping that you manage to come to terms with everything.

Katy
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:15 AM

Dear Altered,
I have just been diagnosed and must have a hysterectomy soon as well.
I go in on Friday to get more information. My husband is frightened and worried as well. I know what you are going through. I have always been the support for my husband through his illnesses and now he must hold me up. It's nice having this website so I can turn to other gals for support.
Your friend, rosebud6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM

Please don't feel alone! Although I often felt that way too in the weeks leading up to my hysterectomy. I so wanted children that I put up with the pain for a long time before I could have my hysterectomy.
I'm 5 weeks out from my surgery now and I'm very glad I had it done. (and now wished I hadn't waited so long). But I had to take time to realize that whether or not I had surgery I wasn't going to be able to have my own children. So I might as well do what I could to eliminate the horrible pain I was experiencing and try to get my life back.

Your body will heal quicker than your emotions. At least that's the way it seems to be for me. Physically I feel great. Emotionally I have my ups and downs. My husband has been an awesome support through all this and he has a lot of emotions to deal with too.

I just wanted to send some {{{{HUGS}}}} your way and let you know that there are a bunch of us around here in the same boat with you.

Cindy

LSH for adenomysosis/endometriosis
Unread 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM

My hubby is concerned but I have a feeling he thinks I'm obsessing over it. How can you help not obsessing about something like this??

Also, I have an adopted daughter and if anyone is ever ready to talk or has questions about experiences adopting, I'd be more than happy to share with you.

I really believe we need time to greive from our loss of choice, first. Please don't think I'm rushing at you with adopting or anything but since I have experience, I just wanted to put the word out there that I can share concerning the subject.
Unread 09-24-2008, 03:16 AM

Ladies.... thank you so much for your words of comfort.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register