Endometrial hyperplasia, anyone got it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial hyperplasia, anyone got it? Endometrial hyperplasia, anyone got it?

Unread 09-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Endometrial hyperplasia, anyone got it?

Hi everyone, hope you are all well??

i have a diagnosis of endometriosis AND endometrial hyperplasia (which was diagnosed at my surgery last year), after my ultra-sound on Friday i've found out my womb lining is still 14mm despite having 2 periods this month (which is not normal for me!).
At my last app my consultant said if this was the case he would probably do a biopsy. Has anyone had this done?
From what i've read it doesn't sound like fun!
Just freakin out a little because if you type in endometrial hyperplasia to google everything has the word 'cancer' attached to it
And to top it off i'm due to have my first zoladex injection on tue when i see my consultant as well, so not looking forward to the side effects of that!... oh the fun we women have! lol
Ange x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Re: Endometrial hyperplasia, anyone got it?

First and foremost.....Hyperplasia is NOT cancer. It is however a pre-cancerous condition. Depending on the type you have, there are different percentages of chance that it could turn. There are really 4 types. Simple and complex with no atypia and Simple and complex with atypia. They type you will most likely determine the treatment you willl most likely need. The biopsy will tell you what kind you have. And the biopsy...not going to sugar coat it...it's not exactly fun, but its doable. My gyn told me..it would be a "bit crampy"....HA.....it was a LOT crampy. But, within about 15 minutes it had subsided. I treated myself with ice cream afterwards. Had I had this knowledge before, I would have taken tylenol before I went.

I personally had the highest chance type, and several other risk factors so that is why surgery was right for me. It's not the case for everyone!

Feel free to ask more questions on here and we will try to help you out. Take care and good luck!
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:15 AM

Thanks for ur reply, i know endometrial hyperplasia isnt always a guarantee of cancer but it still makes u go 'eek!!' when u hear the word! Lol.
Trying not to panic b4 i c the doc tomorrow,need to find out if putting my body in the menopausal state (temp) will place me at a greater risk of uterine cancer since i hav endometrial hyperplasia (since the risk of uterine cancer is greater in women who hav undergone the menopause), confused.com here in australia! Lol....ange x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Endometrial hyperplasia, anyone got it?

Yes I did. Had my surgery this past Tuesday. At home recovering. I had it done robotic and thankfully the doctor was able to do it even though I had scare tissue from 3 c sections.the only complication I had was as shewas peeling away bladder from scare tissue , I got a small tear so she repaired it and I have to were the catheter for a week. Go see doctor on wed , exray first then doc for results and hoping to remove catheter.
Unread 09-02-2013, 08:46 AM

Yes, even with the PRE before it, it's a scary word to see. I started my menapause early - thankfully I never had any of the symptoms other than missed periods. I figure it started at 46 and by the time I had my surgery in July, my blood worked showed I was just on the tail end of it. Age 47. She really didn't say that was a risk factor, but...I had all the other risk factors, so...really didn't matter. A bonus...if you call it that, was since my ovaries were already shutting down, I didn't suffer any menapausal symptoms with surgery like some do when they have the ovaries removed.

Yes, until you get the results of a biopsy, try not to worry too much about it. If its the simple or complex without atypia, it may be a non-issue. It actually may be treatable with hormones under watchful care (which it sounds like you have). I'm sure your Dr is looking at the big picture, that's why the biopsy to test the lining.

Keep us updated and feel free to ask more questions if you want to!
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:42 AM

I am diagnosed with Advanced Endometrial Hyperplasia and did have a biopsy in the doc office, yes cramps, then she wanted to do a Hysteroscopy and D&C which was an out patient procedure to get a closer look and scrape the walls of my uterus. Yuk, but tests came back negative but did not help with the bleeding. very small recovery time there. A nice long weekend and being careful works. So, now I am faced with a hysterectomy...laparoscopically, hopefully. BUT, read that the hysterectomy may not cure endometriosis! Still looking for answers to that one! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register